• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Percy Harvin requests a trade

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin - WR - Vikings

Percy Harvin has requested a trade from the Vikings, sources tell the Associated Press.
Harvin is scheduled to earn just $2.47 million in base salary over the next two seasons. He's also clashed with the coaches over playing time as he saw just 58 percent of the offensive snaps in 2011. Still, the Vikings are highly unlikely to grant a trade request even if Harvin follows through on his holdout threats. They'd never get equal value for one of the game's most versatile and explosive players. Suspended Jerome Simpson, Michael Jenkins and Devin Aromashodu are behind Harvin on the depth chart.
Source: Jon Krawczynski on Twitter
Jun 20 - 9:09 AM

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd give up Crabtree, and Kendal Hunter for the rights of Percy in a heartbeat. I may also include a conditional pick with that as well.

LaMichael James has made hunter somewhat expendable IMO. James / Davis / Moss / Harvin. That would instantly make us the most explosive offense of all football.

Now I'm back to reality. No way in hell would Vikings be dumb enough to trade him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Q: Adam, just when I thought things couldn't get any worse for the Minnesota Vikings, Percy Harvin has requested a trade. Is this just leverage for him for a new contract? Is there any way the Vikings actually trade him?
-- Frankie (Minnesota)​

A: Relax, Frankie, they're not trading Harvin. The Vikings already are thin at wide receiver, and they're not about to make themselves thinner by trading their best receiver who still has two years remaining on his contract. Players request trades more often than you think. It doesn't mean the team will trade the player. And in this case, it would be stunning if Minnesota did. Harvin might be making the request for leverage, but it's more likely that he is letting his organization know how unhappy he is. But there's nothing that a new deal can't solve, if that's the route the team decides to go.

Adam Schefter​

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy should go to Philly...

I'm gonna assume sarcasm. I'm also very doubtful he moves but if he does...there are a lot of teams that could use him. Miami and Cleveland would seem like a good dance partners. Indy, Washington, Carolina and Seattle could all use his help, too.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contract isn’t only reason for Harvin’s trade request | ProFootballTalk

It’s clear that receiver Percy Harvin wants out of Minnesota, but it’s not clear why.

Jeremy Fowler of the St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that it’s not simply about Harvin wanting a new contract. Per Fowler, a desire to replace a rookie deal that covers the next two seasons is not the “sole driving force” behind Harvin’s request for a new address.

So what’s going on? I addressed the possibilities during Wednesday’s PFT Live, and what the heck I’ll reduce some of what I said to writing, right here.

The contract is an obvious sticking point. With the new labor deal taking the windfalls away from first-round draft picks, young players who have outperformed their rookie contracts will want to be rewarded before playing out their rookie contracts and laboring for a season or two under the franchise tag. For Harvin, the 22nd pick in 2009, he definitely has overshot his slot. So it makes sense that he’d want more money.

He also may want more opportunities. Last year, the team faced criticism for not using him enough. Harvin nevertheless generated 967 yards receiving, 345 yards rushing, and 520 yards on kickoff returns. That’s 1,823 all-purpose yards, without being utilized to the maximum extent.

Then there’s the fast friendship he struck with Randy Moss during Randy’s brief return to the team in 2010. Harvin wasn’t happy when former coach Brad Childress fired Moss, and we’ve pointed out a time or two (to the chagrin of Chilly) that Harvin’s migraines left for good once Childress did, too. The Vikings among other things didn’t like the example Moss was setting for Harvin, and it’s anyone’s guess what Moss may have been saying to Harvin to make Harvin want to play somewhere else.

The only surprise is that coach Leslie Frazier hasn’t been able to fix the situation. Widely regarded as someone who can get through to Harvin, Frazier on multiple occasions defused disputes between Harvin and Childress. None of that may matter, however, if Moss already has persuaded Harvin that he needs to be with a team that will use him more, that will pay him more, and that will generally allow him to get maximum recognition for his talents.

If the 49ers weren’t already stocked at every skill position, we’d wonder whether Moss was trying to get Harvin traded to San Francisco.

Knowing Moss, he may be giving it a try anyway.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give up Crabtree, and Kendal Hunter for the rights of Percy in a heartbeat. I may also include a conditional pick with that as well.

LaMichael James has made hunter somewhat expendable IMO. James / Davis / Moss / Harvin. That would instantly make us the most explosive offense of all football.

Now I'm back to reality. No way in hell would Vikings be dumb enough to trade him.

I'd go Crabtree for Harvin straight up- wouldn't want to lose Hunter.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want the 49ers to give up Crabtree right now. I think if you give him a few years of being #3 receiver, he will improve enough to be a great WR. I think Randy Moss will mentor him enough too. Crabtree isn't top receiver on the team anymore.

I do agree that LMJ makes Kendall Hunter expendable. Since Hunter is back up, I don't think waiting another year or two will hurt his trade status. It could improve it. I know 1 thing LMJ did. It gives a decent back-up to Ted Ginn Jr in returning.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) Minnesota Vikings general manager Rick Spielman says they have no interest in trading star receiver Percy Harvin.

There's no way they trade him... But that might just mean the migrains come back..lol

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna assume sarcasm. I'm also very doubtful he moves but if he does...there are a lot of teams that could use him. Miami and Cleveland would seem like a good dance partners. Indy, Washington, Carolina and Seattle could all use his help, too.

Assumption correct!!!

I shall rep!!!

*looks at Miami Heat logo*

I see.... I withdraw my would be rep!

When you said Cleveland, I immediately like the idea however, i think its bcuz of Cribbs.

Dont give Seattle any ideas ok!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont be so hasty to exile Hunter just yet. I've grown to luv the idea of LMJ in our backfield with Harbs genius behind it.

But lets not just toss out Hunter. Like to give our back a chance to succeed Gore and work on a futuer Hunter-LMJ duo.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont be so hasty to exile Hunter just yet. I've grown to luv the idea of LMJ in our backfield with Harbs genius behind it.

But lets not just toss out Hunter. Like to give our back a chance to succeed Gore and work on a futuer Hunter-LMJ duo.

This!

When a player wants to be traded you have to low-ball their ass! Offer Crabs and Williams

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assumption correct!!!

I shall rep!!!

*looks at Miami Heat logo*

I see.... I withdraw my would be rep!

When you said Cleveland, I immediately like the idea however, i think its bcuz of Cribbs.

Dont give Seattle any ideas ok!

You rep Indian giver!

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not looking to get rid of Hunter, per se. That's more Sick's style. :)

I just don't think he's untouchable. After thinking overnight, though, I do have reservations about Harvin. I wasn't aware of his attitude issues and that would definitely concern me (though, Crabby has had the same issues so trading Crabby is not the problem). In the end, it's one of those times I'd have to talk to him and look him in the eye and see if I thought he was worth it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harvin is a good player, but prefer keeping Hunter and Crabtree. IMO, the combined value of these two outweigh Harvin. reports are Crabtree is working very hard and making progress, so don't be hasty.

agree with Calamity....don't assume LMJ will simply replace Hunter.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't give up on Crabtree and trade him just yet because this year, year 3, is a big indicator of how the rest of his career will go. Since TO was traded for Brandon Whiting, a guy who never played a down for the Niners, a screw job would be in order to ply Percy out of Minnesota.

(Madden-style idea warning)
I would trade Minnesota any combination of Mario Manningham and/or Kyle Williams, Brandon Jacobs and/or Kendall Hunter, and a conditional 2013 4th round pick that would become a 3rd rounder if Percy had over 750 receiving yards this year.

Heck... I'd probably offer A.J. Jenkins straight up first.