• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pens @ Stars | 2.29.12 | Leap Year GNT

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess fans aren't flocking to the arena for those $9 special tickets on game day...

joe_baran

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
!@#$, that can only mean Letang IS in fact concussed or very likely close to it since he's not coming back tonight.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent heard it tonight, but take a drink everytime Doc calls the net "the cage"

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, if Letang is concussed...

I'm a little torn on the hit. It definitely looked like shoulder to head. You could say that Letang put himself in a vulnerable position, but did Nystrom have time to adjust? Looked like he didn't make an effort to avoid hitting Letang in the had, but it was a pretty quick play. Either way, he was definitely barrelling in on an almost stationary player with detroying on his mind.

Don't really care if he gets suspended, more care about Letang's health. I wouldn't read too much into him setting out the rest of the game though. After his previous concussion, I'm sure they would be cautious regardless.

joe_baran

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I'm a little torn on the hit. It definitely looked like shoulder to head. You could say that Letang put himself in a vulnerable position, but did Nystrom have time to adjust? Looked like he didn't make an effort to avoid hitting Letang in the had, but it was a pretty quick play. Either way, he was definitely barrelling in on an almost stationary player with detroying on his mind.

Don't really care if he gets suspended, more care about Letang's health. I wouldn't read too much into him setting out the rest of the game though. After his previous concussion, I'm sure they would be cautious regardless.

Ultimately I agree, though since there's nothing that can be done about Letang's health at this point it's all about speculating on the league's response (or lack thereof).

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately I agree, though since there's nothing that can be done about Letang's health at this point it's all about speculating on the league's response (or lack thereof).
From what I've seen of Shanny's explanations, it will depend on whether or not Letang's body position changed enough that Nystrom couldn't avoid hitting the head as the principle point of contact.

joe_baran

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It sure seemed to me, at least during the intermission where they slowed it down a bit, Nystrom appeared to be preparing to poke the puck but then changed his mind and leaned into the hit on Letang. But who knows what criteria Shanny uses to intuit intention.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I liked that Milbury pointed out that Nystrom made no attempt to play the puck. Letang was in the process of doing what Nystrom was not. It made the difference on the play.

Last edited by a moderator:

joe_baran

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh yeah... Staal or Adams ties it at 2!!!

Edit: Adams w/ the deflection on a powerful move by Staal