• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pens @ BJ's

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at a High School hockey game last night and only had Android updates.

Who did Kneel hit cheaply? How many times did Crosby cry to the refs? How many goals did Tabasco stay asleep on?

It wasn't as bad as the score indicated. It was evenly matched for about 42 minutes. Then it got out of hand. No cheap shots, no crying, no snoozing. BJ's look much improved from the last time the Pens faced them.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't as bad as the score indicated. It was evenly matched for about 42 minutes. Then it got out of hand. No cheap shots, no crying, no snoozing. BJ's look much improved from the last time the Pens faced them.

They've played way better than their record indicates. They just have those little lapses and they get burnt.

They've tightened way down in front of the AHL goalies and hopefully will still play tight when Bob comes back.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've played way better than their record indicates. They just have those little lapses and they get burnt.

They've tightened way down in front of the AHL goalies and hopefully will still play tight when Bob comes back.

I think McElhinney has been exceptional. He had a 0.92 save % before last night it's down to 0.914 as of now. Prior to getting hurt, Sergie Bobrovsky's save % was at 0.909. So I think McElhinney has for sure been up to par. Really it was a 1 goal game as far as I'm concerned. Sid's goal was sort of iffy, Neal's 3rd goal just trickled in. Wasn't McElhinney's fault IMO, just bad luck. These AHL goalies have impressed me this season. Curtis McElhinney, Martin Jones, Cam Talbot, Antti Raanta, Phillip Grubauer, etc. have all been just as good if not better than the usual starters, and those usual starters include guys like Sergie Bobrovsky, Jonathan Quick, Henrik Lundqvist, Corey Crawford, & Braden Holtby.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McIlhenny has gotten a lot of support, but he gives up one real headscratcher a game. And it seems to come at the worst possible time.

His save % is as much the D as it is him. He is not getting much from right down the middle and the cross ice pass is not getting through.

Now the long ones from the point... those go through. All the way.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McIlhenny has gotten a lot of support, but he gives up one real headscratcher a game. And it seems to come at the worst possible time.

His save % is as much the D as it is him. He is not getting much from right down the middle and the cross ice pass is not getting through.

Now the long ones from the point... those go through. All the way.

I'll admit McElhinney gave up some goals to Neal from the high slot area, but Neal was zapping lasers at him like Neal was stoned and McElhinney was his cat.

luzvermelha.gif