• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State Wrestling

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes 6 titles in 7 years. Now if only we could get this dominate over your buckeyes in football (on a good start) then figure out the basketball sport. :D Seriously you guys should be so happy with 2nd topping Ok St, Iowa, Cornell and other major programs. Making the Big10 stronger.
I really like our recruiting class Urban Meyer just brought in. We lost our secondary completely, but filled it with all 5* recruits. That being said, you have Barkly, which is the killer. We do however have a new stud OC Kevin Wilson who now will utilize the TE position, which the Buckeyes have not used much in years past.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the heels of the National Title, Cael flips #2 recruit in next class from Iowa. Gavin Teasdale,3 time state champ in PA with senior year to come, announced the move today. Now have 2,3,4 ranked kids in that class and 10, 12 leaning our way

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great match tonight vs. OSU

Cassar with a win over #1 Moore
and Nevills hanging with #1 Snyder

Exciting match to watch - had me at the edge of my seat at the end

Congrats PSU!

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I was at ahockey game and did not watch, but followed on twitter. Cassar match was huge, not having nolf and taking them out is bigtime. Nolf expected back for postseason tournies, so feeling pretty good about another National title

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I was at ahockey game and did not watch, but followed on twitter. Cassar match was huge, not having nolf and taking them out is bigtime. Nolf expected back for postseason tournies, so feeling pretty good about another National title

Hopefully not watching your Devils beat down my Penguins :L..

Cassar stepped up in a big way to beat Moore and help get the win. Bo getting a major instead of just a decision at the very end was critical too. If Nolf is back to being Nolf by B10's and NCAA's this team is absolutely the favorite for another team title.

Cael also got a commitment from another top HS guy from Maryland. I believe his name is Aaron Brooks, 3 time state champ from Hagerstown I think. He'll join team in 2 years after going to Colorado and training at USA Olympic wrestling center, he's also an accomplished freestyle wrestler.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully not watching your Devils beat down my Penguins :L..

Cassar stepped up in a big way to beat Moore and help get the win. Bo getting a major instead of just a decision at the very end was critical too. If Nolf is back to being Nolf by B10's and NCAA's this team is absolutely the favorite for another team title.

Cael also got a commitment from another top HS guy from Maryland. I believe his name is Aaron Brooks, 3 time state champ from Hagerstown I think. He'll join team in 2 years after going to Colorado and training at USA Olympic wrestling center, he's also an accomplished freestyle wrestler.

Yes, as a matter of fact I was in Jersey watching the Devils beat up on teh Pens. I actually just got back from NYC this afternoon.

Cael is a monster on recruiting trail. kids love to wrestle for him, he makes it fun

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, as a matter of fact I was in Jersey watching the Devils beat up on teh Pens. I actually just got back from NYC this afternoon.

Cael is a monster on recruiting trail. kids love to wrestle for him, he makes it fun

That was as about as flat a game as the Pens have played all year. I remember looking up like halfway through the 2nd period and seeing them only have 7 SOG. I was impressed with the Devils though, lots of young speedy players, kind of reminded me of the Pens of the last couple years. I think they'll be able to grab a playoff spot whether it be a Metro spot or a WC.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was as about as flat a game as the Pens have played all year. I remember looking up like halfway through the 2nd period and seeing them only have 7 SOG. I was impressed with the Devils though, lots of young speedy players, kind of reminded me of the Pens of the last couple years. I think they'll be able to grab a playoff spot whether it be a Metro spot or a WC.

Yeah, I really like the direction Devils are going. The Hal trade and the last draft getting Nico and Bratt have given some much needed excitement. Still a couple D-men from being where they need to be. Would love to see them bring Carlson home to NJ and have a gfreat top pair with him and Vantanen

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Nolf is a full go and ready to wrestle at B1G tourney this weekend. If he is indeed healthy, I think they can start engraving PSU on that National title trophy now.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE ARE .... Nationals Champions Again!!! Bo Nickal is a beast “that’s what we do, to come to Penn State to win individual titles and team titles”

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to PSU Wrestling on the 2018 NCAA D1 Championship!!!

4 of 5 wrestlers earned title

Nickal with the great counter - goes from being on his back to pinning Martin to seal the team win

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another year, another National Title. Only disappointing thing was Hall losing. Cenzo beating IMAR again was EPIC. Nickal is just ridiculous. He is so confortable scrambling and gets out of so many bad positions to score big....much like last night. This was the Buckeyes best shot for near future, we return everyone but Zain and add bigtime at lower weigths. We Are.....stacked!!!

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First dual of the year today against Kent State. Should be another good year for the Lions. Returning Nolf, Joseph, Hall, and Nickal who are all AA locks with most of them probably the favorite for the title in their weight class. Also adding a top recruit at 133 in Roman Bravo-Young, which should be a huge help because the lighter weights were essentially black holes for the team last year.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope they pull the redshirt from Teasdale or Teske at 125. That is the only weak spot in lineup with Schnupp. think they take a look at the open tournies and weigh the rewards of pulling one early like they did with Mark Hall 2 years ago. Either way, barring injury to a bonus machine like Nolf, Cenzo or Bo, we should be on way to another team title. Finals in pittsburgh this year, I am working ever angle I can for tix

Yesterday was a loss by schnupp then all TF and pins rest of way. Bravo young will be very good at 133 for us.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope they pull the redshirt from Teasdale or Teske at 125. That is the only weak spot in lineup with Schnupp. think they take a look at the open tournies and weigh the rewards of pulling one early like they did with Mark Hall 2 years ago. Either way, barring injury to a bonus machine like Nolf, Cenzo or Bo, we should be on way to another team title. Finals in pittsburgh this year, I am working ever angle I can for tix

Yesterday was a loss by schnupp then all TF and pins rest of way. Bravo young will be very good at 133 for us.

Yep, dominant win yesterday against a Kent St team that had a national ranking going into the season. I agree that they'll have to think long and hard about pulling one of those redshirts. The only reason I could see them holding back is the fact that the lineup is so dominant in every other spot that that they don't even care about getting points from 125. If they end up putting Teske or Teasdale in there for Schnupp there's no reason that all 10 spots can't produce an AA guy this year. That would be quite the achievement.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU wrestling is so dominant they’re convincing too HS wrestlers to spurn other top wrestling programs where they could walk into a lineup, to come RS a year at PSU. Just landed #1 recruit in his class, Robert Thomas, yesterday. He’s apparently planning to come in and RS his freshman year and take over at 133 when RBY moves up to 141 when Lee graduates.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU wrestling is so dominant they’re convincing too HS wrestlers to spurn other top wrestling programs where they could walk into a lineup, to come RS a year at PSU. Just landed #1 recruit in his class, Robert Thomas, yesterday. He’s apparently planning to come in and RS his freshman year and take over at 133 when RBY moves up to 141 when Lee graduates.

yeah and kids take less scholarship money to come here as well.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big dual tonight vs Arizona State that's going to be televised on ESPN. PSU should win comfortably but the 174 lb matchup between Mark Hall and Zahid Valencia will be must see TV for anyone that likes college wrestling. These guys have faced off in the NCAA finals the past two years with each guy winning once. Should be a great match tonight.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big dual tonight vs Arizona State that's going to be televised on ESPN. PSU should win comfortably but the 174 lb matchup between Mark Hall and Zahid Valencia will be must see TV for anyone that likes college wrestling. These guys have faced off in the NCAA finals the past two years with each guy winning once. Should be a great match tonight.

Hall dominated him tonight, one of best matches I have seen Mark wrestle. Team rolled 41-3, only loss as usual, Schnupp. BRavo-Young, Lee, Cssar and SHak all look very good and will be nice compliments to Nolf, Bo, Mark and Cenzo as we roll towards another team title