• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn St vs UCF in Ireland in jeopardy of being cancelled

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officials from Penn State and Central Florida are currently seeking a domestic neutral site to play next Saturday's Croake Park Classic if volcanic activity in Iceland prevents air travel from the United States to Ireland.

Penn State confirmed both schools are still planning on traveling to Dublin Tuesday, but a source says the schools are also currently looking for a stadium to play the Aug. 30 game. UCF is the designated home team in Ireland. Bright House Networks Stadium in Orlando doesn't host its first game of the season until Sept. 20, but would be available.

Pennstatenut, 20 days was that solo trip. Which lots of people seem to do.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they get to play no matter where it is.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't see the purpose of that. I understand Penn State trying to do something as a reward for their players, but that's kind of a unique set of circumstances. I don't see anyone benefitting from playing in Mexico. I guess hoping they'll turn into Longhorn fans once they come across the border? :noidea:

yes I don't understand it either. Sounds like Jerrah Jones with the Cowboys playing in Mexico. Even that makes zero sense to me. Don't understand the attempts to 'go international' with football.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The latest news.

Yesterday evening, IMO noted on its website that “there are no signs of ongoing volcanic activity,” but the alert will remain red for the time being because “an imminent eruption can not be excluded.”