• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

pederson is fuking garbage

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people can toss around all the insults they want, but it's the truth. he had 2 weeks to prepare for a home game against an inferior division rival.. and he showed absolutely NOTHING.

once again, a lopsided game plan with no rushing attack. adams had 47 yards on 7 carries. 61 yards on 9 against the jags. for the year he has 27 carries/154 yards, a 5.7 average. there is no real effort to get him involved despite busting a couple of 20+ yard gains these last 2 games.

also once again, only ONE time did they have back to back running plays (adams for 29 and then for 5.) EVERY GAME YOU KNOW WHAT'S COMING. as soon as they run, you can just go right to a heavy pass coverage scheme.

even pederson's "gutsy" calls that everyone loves are getting fucking stupid. 3rd and 1 at the 20 and you throw. then you hand it off on 4th and 1? FUCKING STUPID! either sneak it or run it on 3rd down. at worst, you kick that FG. it was a 3-0 game early in the 2nd. you don't fucking go for it like that, especially with this redzone offense. and now you trust the running game on 4th down? when you keep ignoring it? did i already say FUCKING STUPID?

i'm tired of hearing about the defense too. they have a bunch of issues and are still 6th in points allowed. they are only giving up 1.9 more a game than last year. they can only do so much with that secondary. with the exception of the tampa game, they continually give the eagles a lead to work with or keep them within a score. and this is with the offense frequently faltering and screwing them.

the pitiful offense is 21st in points. and that's what it comes down to. we were averaging 6.6 more points last year. if we had a balanced game plan like last season, the numbers would be very similar and we'd be at least 6-3 instead of 4-5. really should be 7-2 with better game plans.

pederson is trash without his former staff and getting exposed again. unfortunately, he has a permanent free pass because the TEAM and above mentioned staff greatly aided the squad in a magical run that pederson himself had very little to do with. that's reality.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Offense has been putrid in the first quarter all season and we keep playing from behind. We've scored a total of 21 points in the first quarter through 9 games; that's the worst in the league and the lowest point total for an Eagles team in 25 years. Losing Reich and DeFillippo clearly were HUGE hits and it's become obvious our Offensive scheme last year filtered through all 3 coaches instead of just Pederson.

Defensively we are handcuffed with so many injuries to our 2ndary at the moment, but even when we had them healthy we weren't doing well. Our Defensive philosophy/scheme does not cause turnovers; we play on our heels and never force the issue. Every time we need the D to come up big in 2nd half situations they come up small. I think we absolutely need a new DC to change the scheme and culture.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a lost season. I lost hope after last night. I think the OL needs major changes, because Peters is washed up and Seumalo is never going to be anything. They need a few new starters up front. They also still need a receiver to stretch defenses. They have like 3 slot receivers now, and no one to play opposite of Jeffrey.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW! A lot of venting. Most is true. I will not call Pederson "Garbage". Really? A little over the top. He is on a long leash. Jeff Lurie and the city owes him a lot for finally winning a SB! He definitely is missing Reich and De'filipo (SP?). I don't think Groh is qualified. He adds nothing. Press Taylor is learning how to be a QB coach. After the season, Doug better get some experienced, and knowledgeable assistants. Schwartz is very disappointing! He has some knowledge, but it shows why he was fired 2 times. Another factor is all the injuries. As BGN wrote, our medical staff is lacking something. Seems like 1/2 the team is injured.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're tired of hearing about the defense, yet the defense gave up two fourth quarter touchdowns to a bad offense.

That needs to stop before you'll stop hearing about it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is crazy. If Pederson is "fucking garbage" what does that make former Browns HC Hue Jackson? After all he's the only HC in league history to lose 14 games in a row twice & his 3-36-1 record is the worst of any HC w/ one team.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players they added in the off-season have not made up for their losses, and the guys they hoped could expand their roles haven't been able to do so.

RBs have been a disappointment. And re-signing Blount wouldn't have helped, as he is washed up.

WRs haven't been able to really break out. Only one 100 yard game from Jeffery this season. Not having a legit burner hurts.

Secondary has been shaky in spots, mostly because Mills isn't that good and they don't have depth at safety. Bennett has been the only positive addition to the D. Wouldn't know that Haloti Ngata is even on the team, unless I looked at the roster.

Simply put, this team isn't good enough.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a team be so successful running the ball and never do it

all night saw smallwood and Adams gash cowboys for 5-7 yard runs on 1st down only to just go pass pass pass pass

its pathetic.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, "garbage" was obviously a harsh and venting word to use. in my opinion he's proven himself as a mediocre, average coach at best. as a fan, i just have no respect for any manager/coach type who blatantly ignores a crucial aspect of the game and then gives shit excuses relating to it.

people are selling this team short because the defense randomly gives up big plays. but again, they are very similar to last year. was the team shit last year? 17 to the skins. 27 to the chiefs. 24 to the giants and chargers. 23 to the panthers. 24 to seattle. 35 to the rams. 29 to the giants. we all saw what happened in the superbowl.

why is this year different? we haven't given up more than 27 yet. the offense is a disaster in relation to what it can and should be doing. look at the chiefs, rams and saints. they're not winning with defense. not having blount or ajayi doesn't matter. these guys aren't superstars. they were putting in the work behind a running scheme and solid run line. pederson has abandoned it.

does that mean someone like adams will just beast? of course not. but if you don't provide balance, you're not going to consistently win. it's as simple as that. and i have NO FAITH at all under pederson that if we get some kind of solid running back(s) that it will change. we'll still see 40+ passes from wentz and 20 or less runs per game.

no one even flinches for the 20 or so shotgun play-actions per game. when they lined up under center a few times against the jags and used a legit, traditional style play-action.. it opened up gaping holes in their defense.

this bullshit reminds me of chip kelly. once everyone knew he was going to do the fast paced, high octane crap every game.. they adjusted and were all over it. everyone knows the eagles now -> wentz, shotgun, 80% plus chance of pass. just like the defense, wentz can only do so much.

when this team doesn't run, they don't win. that again is football reality. you can't just turn someone into tom brady (who does it with even less of a running attack.)

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson is not going to the the chance to fuck all of this up. Sure he won a Superbowl but Lurie is not going to let him ruin the chances of another SB when he has a legit franchise QB on his team. He will be given until the end of next season and if we miss the playoffs again or don't seriously contend I think Lurie will move on from him. He is not going to allow Andy Reid Jr. to stay. I just don't see it. There is a lot of talent on this team. There are going to have to be some serious changes.

Offensve Coaching Staff: The offensive staff is not horrible but needs some changes. Pederson is actually doing the best he can with the weapons he has. The problem is that he cannot get creative with play calling because he does not have the players to execute. Yes I think we should run the ball more but I am not sure that is going to fix the problems. Everyone is playing close the the line of scrimmage because we don't have anyone the stretch the field. Carson Wentz is quietly having a fantastic year considering he had a torn ACL and LCL less than a year ago. He is still not all they way back both physically or mentally but he is getting there.

Pederson is going to have to get a new offensive coordinator for next season. There is no way he can continue with the staff as it currently is.

Jim Schwartz: Schwartz is the biggest problem on the team as I see it. The Eagles lost at least 3 games (more likely 4) based on his defense or lack thereof. He is seriously outcoached on a weekly basis and yesterday made Jason Garrett and Scott Linehan look like great coaches. The Cowboys have 1 weapon and that is Zeke and we did not have a game plan in place to stop him. The Cowboys called run plays it seems at all the right times. However, the Cowboys are a simple team offensivly and should be very easy to game plan against but it seemed like we did not have any answers.

The Eagles are hurting bad in the secondary but have arguable one of the best front 7's in the NFL. Good coaches know how to use the strength to cover up some weaknesses. The Eagles were in zone most of the second half and did absolutely nothing to disguise the coverage.

Given the way the season is going I would fire Schwartz now to send a message throughout the franchise that everything and everyone is auditioning to keep their job.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is crazy. If Pederson is "fucking garbage" what does that make former Browns HC Hue Jackson? After all he's the only HC in league history to lose 14 games in a row twice & his 3-36-1 record is the worst of any HC w/ one team.
to be fair. hue could go 4-5 with this eagles team.. i think

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson is not going to the the chance to fuck all of this up. Sure he won a Superbowl but Lurie is not going to let him ruin the chances of another SB when he has a legit franchise QB on his team. He will be given until the end of next season and if we miss the playoffs again or don't seriously contend I think Lurie will move on from him. He is not going to allow Andy Reid Jr. to stay. I just don't see it. There is a lot of talent on this team. There are going to have to be some serious changes.

Offensve Coaching Staff: The offensive staff is not horrible but needs some changes. Pederson is actually doing the best he can with the weapons he has. The problem is that he cannot get creative with play calling because he does not have the players to execute. Yes I think we should run the ball more but I am not sure that is going to fix the problems. Everyone is playing close the the line of scrimmage because we don't have anyone the stretch the field. Carson Wentz is quietly having a fantastic year considering he had a torn ACL and LCL less than a year ago. He is still not all they way back both physically or mentally but he is getting there.

Pederson is going to have to get a new offensive coordinator for next season. There is no way he can continue with the staff as it currently is.

Jim Schwartz: Schwartz is the biggest problem on the team as I see it. The Eagles lost at least 3 games (more likely 4) based on his defense or lack thereof. He is seriously outcoached on a weekly basis and yesterday made Jason Garrett and Scott Linehan look like great coaches. The Cowboys have 1 weapon and that is Zeke and we did not have a game plan in place to stop him. The Cowboys called run plays it seems at all the right times. However, the Cowboys are a simple team offensivly and should be very easy to game plan against but it seemed like we did not have any answers.

The Eagles are hurting bad in the secondary but have arguable one of the best front 7's in the NFL. Good coaches know how to use the strength to cover up some weaknesses. The Eagles were in zone most of the second half and did absolutely nothing to disguise the coverage.

Given the way the season is going I would fire Schwartz now to send a message throughout the franchise that everything and everyone is auditioning to keep their job.

Spot on PG. We've been behind the 8-ball right from training camp, without Wentz to build rapport with his weapons and then when he does get back most of them are injured... We have not played with a full deck all year. I'm not absolving Pederson of all blame; the offense has looked disjointed in its execution, lots of penalties, etc. those fall on the HC and the offensive staff, he needs to do better and get more urgency into this team offensively.

Schwartz on the other hand has been stubborn and predictable all year, defense looks good statistically but he has shit the bed in crucial moments of too many games this year. That fucking sticks defense on 3rd-and-longs doesn't work, and has literally cost us games. The DBs play scared, they don't ever get physical at the line of scrimmage and continually play soft zones with 10-15 yard cushions. Fundamentally not getting it done, and that tells me it might be time for a new voice in that defense.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair. hue could go 4-5 with this eagles team.. i think

Hue is such a bad coach he'd have a losing record @ Bama. And they're loaded w/ talent.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spot on PG. We've been behind the 8-ball right from training camp, without Wentz to build rapport with his weapons and then when he does get back most of them are injured... We have not played with a full deck all year. I'm not absolving Pederson of all blame; the offense has looked disjointed in its execution, lots of penalties, etc. those fall on the HC and the offensive staff, he needs to do better and get more urgency into this team offensively.

Schwartz on the other hand has been stubborn and predictable all year, defense looks good statistically but he has shit the bed in crucial moments of too many games this year. That fucking sticks defense on 3rd-and-longs doesn't work, and has literally cost us games. The DBs play scared, they don't ever get physical at the line of scrimmage and continually play soft zones with 10-15 yard cushions. Fundamentally not getting it done, and that tells me it might be time for a new voice in that defense.

Yup..... Wentz is completing more than 70% of his passes and that alone is amazing. He is 5th in the NFL. What makes it even more impressive is that we don't have a legit deep threat and his YPA is 7.99 yards and that is 8th in the NFL. I hear a lot of complaints about us not running and I agree to a point. You have to run in todays NFL to keep defenses honest and we just do not do enough to be honest. As a team we truly need to run the ball more because we run a lot of RPO and play action. No team is going to respect your play action if you are not running and it is obvious no one respects the Eagles play action because the pass rush never slows. That falls on Pederson and his staff not recognizing it. To be honest he is getting bailed out by the QB who is making plays in spite of all the pressure.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hue is such a bad coach he'd have a losing record @ Bama. And they're loaded w/ talent.

too bad he wasn't the coach of the buckeyes a couple of week ago...

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pederson exposed.
Schwartz lost his edge.
Injuries are a big problem.
Howie calculated the off season incorrectly.
Poor execution due to poor coaching.
Good draft position coming.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to concentrate on improving the Offense ... the Defense is bad, but if you can put up points you can live with mediocre D (cue Saints and Chiefs). The left side of the OL needs to be replaced this off season; Peters is done as a pass protector and we have no LG worth a damn. We also need a "dynamic" 3 down Back ... look at all the top Offenses and they all have one. Rams - Gurley, Saints - Kamara, Chiefs - Hunt. Even the Steelers who lost Bell lucked out with Conner.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz also needs to learn to dump it off to the Backs as an outlet. He has so much faith in his arm that he has not learned to take that 4-6 yard dumpoff when receivers are covered well. Brady, Big Ben, Brees, Rivers etc ... live off of dump offs to keep chains moving. I guess that will come with more experience ...

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on now. Pederson isn't garbage.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson stinks this year, but the real garbage is Schwartz. I've had enough of the that stupid sticks defense on 3rd and long. Offenses are more willing to go for it on 4th anymore and all that defense does is give them a reason to try.