• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

pederson is fuking garbage

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems some of you an unfamiliar with Eagles fans. This is a typical Eagles fan rant, not to be taken too seriously.

Do I think Pederson is garbage? No. Am I starting to think his assistants on offense played a greater role than we realized? Yes.

I don't see the creativity on offense this year I saw last year. Yes, there have been some personnel changes, and injuries. But that's the thing I can't get past.

Maybe he made some mistakes as a head coach, in promoting from within instead of bringing in an outside OC. Or promoting RB coach Duce Staley as OC instead of WR coach Mike Groh. Whatever it is, it hasn't worked well.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems some of you an unfamiliar with Eagles fans. This is a typical Eagles fan rant, not to be taken too seriously.

You are correct Igg but the problem here is that it is the same rant from the same usual suspects. Calling Pederson trash before the Superbowl. Not a fucking peep last year and now after we struggle the same stupid shit. While typical rant they need to expect the backlash.

Oh and let's not forget the bench Wentz and put in Foles rants. People saying that have to be the dumbest apes in captivity.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct Igg but the problem here is that it is the same rant from the same usual suspects. Calling Pederson trash before the Superbowl. Not a fucking peep last year and now after we struggle the same stupid shit. While typical rant they need to expect the backlash.

Oh and let's not forget the bench Wentz and put in Foles rants. People saying that have to be the dumbest apes in captivity.

people saying stupid shit need to be made fun of... mercilessly

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, winning WAS awesome. was. that was last season. this isn't last season any more.

this is the same repetitive bullshit that comes with this stuff. when you win a championship, no one wants to hear the negative outlook type comments because it's like "who cares we just won."

we know we have a very good team RIGHT NOW. they are shitting the bed in large part due to the coaching staff, led by pederson. biggest superbowl winning underdog in a decade this weekend.

you know what.. i'm not even going to bother any more after this. we won LAST SEASON. great. awesome. super duper. can't wait to see all the people crying 3, 4, 5 years from now when we have nothing to show for it since. by then, the mess is usually too late to clean up. and everyone will talk the talk like they knew what needed to be done to stop it.

had to listen to the same nonsense when the phils extended howard and i vigorously questioned what the hell they were thinking. "dude, it's not your money, shut up." "they just won 2 pennants, i think they know more than you." and all the other "we just won, stop crying" idiocy. phillies fans sure have been great these last 5-6 years abandoning the team in droves.

i've NEVER wavered off my point that you need balance to consistently win. i harped on up until week 3 of last year, when pederson was blasted from all angles and the eagles suddenly focused on the running game. and gee, what a shock, they dominated the rest of the season.

now pederson has resorted back to his old ways. and gee, what a shock, they're struggling again. BUT OK! i'm the douchebag fan here for pointing this out and wanting it to change.

last thing i'm going to add: look at frank reich. the colts also had an injured gunslinger returing to action and a far weaker team than the eagles. both are 4-5 (and if reich wasn't so aggressive in OT, they'd actually be 4-4-1.) the last 3 games reich has toned down the passing attack and gone more with the run. and.. gee.. ? oh, they've won 3 in a row! and luck is killing it. that's what happens when you don't have to throw 40-50 times per game and the defense sits on it.

jags: 23 carries, 81 yards
bills: 37 carries, 220 yards
raiders: 40 carries, 222 yards

pederson never seems to learn. when it comes to my fan opinion, i'm not OK with it just because we won last season. if everyone else is, COOL. don't want to see the same people complaining years from now though.

i can never say it enough, but apparently i have to stop after this. if a person can't grasp that you cannot keep throwing the ball 35-45 times per game, THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BE TALKING FOOTBALL. wentz is averaging 38.4 attempts per game this year, COMING OFF A SERIOUS INJURY!

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to believe that most teams' goals in professional sports is to win consistently. But, easier said than done. I think some forget just how difficult it is to reach that pinnacle, even once. To be at that level year after year is even more difficult - that's why we only see dynasties once in a blue moon, and even those teams have had heartbreaking, devastating losses in games they were heavily favored to win. Talk to fans of the Bills, Cardinals, Lions, Chargers, Vikings... they would give their left nut just to see and experience their boys win a championship.

The future is bright - Wentz is still only in his 3rd season, he will get better moving forward. We have a dynamic, aggressive thinker in the front office who will always be looking for ways to improve the team. A supporting owner who doesn't meddle and lets the people he assigned to their positions do their respective jobs. There's a culture and structure in place that a lot of teams around the league are still trying to find. I'm not ready to write Doug off yet, we've had to deal with a lot of variables out of his control, but also some that are and he's not getting it done. I think we all understand and see that, but I also don't think his run last year was a fluke, either.

FLY EAGLES FLY

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The usual pattern with Doug Pederson is that at his regular Monday press conference he’s asked why he didn’t run the ball more the day before.

And then he says, yeah, he should have.

This week was different.

Pederson didn’t wait to be asked why impressive rookie Josh Adams didn’t get more work.

He brought it up himself.

“Do I think he can have a few more touches? I do,” he said. “So that’ll answer everybody’s question right there. I do feel like he can touch the ball a few more times.”

That clears that up.

Adams was 9-for-61 in London against the Jaguars and followed that with a 7-for-47 performance Sunday in the loss to the Cowboys.

Overall, the rookie from Warrington and Notre Dame is averaging 5.7 yards on 27 carries.

“For the limited amount of touches, I thought Josh played well, and he’s improved each week,” Pederson said.

Let’s take a quick look at Adams’ performance so far:

• Even though he has far fewer carries than Wendell Smallwood (62 carries, 4.2 average), Corey Clement (55 carries 3.3 average) and injured Jay Ajayi (45 carries, 4.1 average), Adams leads the Eagles with four runs of 15 yards or more.

• Adams’ 5.7 average is sixth-highest in the NFL among backs with at least 25 carries.

• Even though he’s accounted for only 12 percent of the Eagles’ carries, he has four of the Eagles’ seven-longest runs this year.

• Over the past month, he’s averaging 6.3 yards per carry, second-highest in the NFL during that span behind only Aaron Jones of the Packers (7.5 average).

Clement, the Super Bowl hero last year, has battled a quad injury recently and is averaging just 3.3 yards per carry so far. Smallwood has come back to Earth a bit and is averaging 3.0 yards per carry in his last four games after sitting at 6.0 through five games.

The Eagles don’t run very much. But when they do, Adams has been by far their most productive back.

“I think Corey played with a little more sense of urgency (Sunday),” Pederson said Monday. “I think he’s feeling fresher coming off the break and his body’s feeling healthy. Wendell’s been steady, he’s been consistent there.”

And Adams?

“I think Josh has been the spark the last couple weeks,” he said. “We’ll continue to give him a few more opportunities.”

The Eagles’ 16 carries Sunday were their fewest since a game against the 49ers in 2014 when they ran just 12 times in a 26-21 loss.

They haven’t had a back with 20 carries since Ryan Mathews in 2016, and they haven’t had a RB with back-to-back games with double-digit carries since LeGarrette Blount against the Cowboys and Bears last November.

It sure seems like the Eagles have a weapon in Adams. To what extent Pederson uses him remains to be seen.
7 carries 53 yards and a TD today.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you run the ball, you might eat enough clock to prevent your opponent from scoring 48...

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to believe that most teams' goals in professional sports is to win consistently. But, easier said than done. I think some forget just how difficult it is to reach that pinnacle, even once. To be at that level year after year is even more difficult - that's why we only see dynasties once in a blue moon, and even those teams have had heartbreaking, devastating losses in games they were heavily favored to win. Talk to fans of the Bills, Cardinals, Lions, Chargers, Vikings... they would give their left nut just to see and experience their boys win a championship.

The future is bright - Wentz is still only in his 3rd season, he will get better moving forward. We have a dynamic, aggressive thinker in the front office who will always be looking for ways to improve the team. A supporting owner who doesn't meddle and lets the people he assigned to their positions do their respective jobs. There's a culture and structure in place that a lot of teams around the league are still trying to find. I'm not ready to write Doug off yet, we've had to deal with a lot of variables out of his control, but also some that are and he's not getting it done. I think we all understand and see that, but I also don't think his run last year was a fluke, either.

FLY EAGLES FLY
If the coach is a boob, we're going to waste Carson's bright future.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was pederson's plan for saints? what was it for the cowboys? he's completely clueless.

our only shot to go into new orleans and be competitive was to run the ball like crazy, eat clock, attack with short passes and try to mix in an occasional deep play-action. instead he comes out with the same repetitive passing plays that he does every week.

it's not like everyone didn't already know the eagles boring setup of shotgun > play-action to no one > look for ertz over the middle.. but now the saints showed if you focus on ertz all game, the eagles can do NOTHING. one of the side things that excited me about winning the superbowl was knowing there was no chance pederson would be ever be dumb enough to go back to a pass heavy attack, ignoring the run. can't believe he is.

pederson won't be fired for years because we won a championship. at what cost though? how many wasted seasons will pass with mediocre results? how many seasons of wentz will be lost? how long before the fan base gets tired of it? we haven't even finished this season and people are already getting pissed.

some are going to keep pointing to the defense and injuries. good luck with that. no matter how you slice it, the defense was borderline top 5 in points allowed for most of the season. the offense is a trainwreck and pederson literally has no answers.

all the people who unnecessarily drop insults my way for pointing out pederson is a mediocre coach.. hope you're enjoying the season. unless the eagles bring in a top of the line O-coordinator, this is the future.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play action that fools no one was particularly reidesque.

It's certainly too much too soon for groh.

Schwartz can walk.

We relied on JP one season too many.

Wentz has to learn how to throw the ball away.

The Tate trade while ambitious looks like a misstep.

We need a back but I hope they don't think Bell is the anwser.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schwartz can walk.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Agree with pretty much all of this.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schwartz can walk.

Happy Thanksgiving.

:agree:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of players have to leave after the season.

I am very disappointed with Mike Groh. How come some other teams have receivers running wide open all over the field. When Ertz is double covered, nobody else is getting open. when they seldom do, Wentz is getting sacked.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no words... yesterday was brutal

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be wholesale changes in this organization, top to bottom.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, winning WAS awesome. was. that was last season. this isn't last season any more.

this is the same repetitive bullshit that comes with this stuff. when you win a championship, no one wants to hear the negative outlook type comments because it's like "who cares we just won."

we know we have a very good team RIGHT NOW. they are shitting the bed in large part due to the coaching staff, led by pederson. biggest superbowl winning underdog in a decade this weekend.

you know what.. i'm not even going to bother any more after this. we won LAST SEASON. great. awesome. super duper. can't wait to see all the people crying 3, 4, 5 years from now when we have nothing to show for it since. by then, the mess is usually too late to clean up. and everyone will talk the talk like they knew what needed to be done to stop it.

had to listen to the same nonsense when the phils extended howard and i vigorously questioned what the hell they were thinking. "dude, it's not your money, shut up." "they just won 2 pennants, i think they know more than you." and all the other "we just won, stop crying" idiocy. phillies fans sure have been great these last 5-6 years abandoning the team in droves.

i've NEVER wavered off my point that you need balance to consistently win. i harped on up until week 3 of last year, when pederson was blasted from all angles and the eagles suddenly focused on the running game. and gee, what a shock, they dominated the rest of the season.

now pederson has resorted back to his old ways. and gee, what a shock, they're struggling again. BUT OK! i'm the douchebag fan here for pointing this out and wanting it to change.

last thing i'm going to add: look at frank reich. the colts also had an injured gunslinger returing to action and a far weaker team than the eagles. both are 4-5 (and if reich wasn't so aggressive in OT, they'd actually be 4-4-1.) the last 3 games reich has toned down the passing attack and gone more with the run. and.. gee.. ? oh, they've won 3 in a row! and luck is killing it. that's what happens when you don't have to throw 40-50 times per game and the defense sits on it.

jags: 23 carries, 81 yards
bills: 37 carries, 220 yards
raiders: 40 carries, 222 yards

pederson never seems to learn. when it comes to my fan opinion, i'm not OK with it just because we won last season. if everyone else is, COOL. don't want to see the same people complaining years from now though.

i can never say it enough, but apparently i have to stop after this. if a person can't grasp that you cannot keep throwing the ball 35-45 times per game, THEN YOU SHOULDN'T BE TALKING FOOTBALL. wentz is averaging 38.4 attempts per game this year, COMING OFF A SERIOUS INJURY!

We ran 28 times against the jags. Stupid Reich should have run more drrrrrrrr.

The bills and raiders are pathetic and you're a piece of shit.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of players have to leave after the season.

I am very disappointed with Mike Groh. How come some other teams have receivers running wide open all over the field. When Ertz is double covered, nobody else is getting open. when they seldom do, Wentz is getting sacked.
Mike Groh sucks.
Press Taylor sucks.
Way over their heads.

Duce sucks too. He can make any back look below average. What a skill.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Groh seems to be similar to Sean McDermott, in that he got promoted before he was ready.

Seems like Pederson's biggest mistake this year was promoting from within.

Reactions: ctc