• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peanut Out For the Season

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IR Designated to return.

Which means, eight weeks, and he could come back for the divisional playoff round.

The divisional playoff round sounds like a pipe dream at this point. This keeps on getting better and better, doesn't it?

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looks like my move to Safety in the bye week would have provided dividends in the long run.
He's probably seen his last action as a Bear. Considering age & contract & recent injury history.
Yeah, I heard his presser stating he feels he is still a CB. But a switch to safety would have prolonged his career. Doubt he has many suitors in FA.
Peanut is 1 of my favorite Bears. A class act all the way.
Just sad to see him go out this way.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just have to throw this in, he was coming in w/ a previous knee injury . And yet they still had him playing STs. WTF.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just have to throw this in, he was coming in w/ a previous knee injury . And yet they still had him playing STs. WTF.

I dont really know how much to blame the staff for other than letting vets do what they want. Its seems like these veterans are calling the shots. I am sure walters or any other bench player would really like to get on the field any way possible.

I mean I get it, but Woodsen was the best CB out there, moved to safety and made plays. The argument for Tillman to safety two years ago fell on deaf ears. This isnt hindsight, this was a good idea that they just did not explore enough.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tearing your triceps has very little to do with having an injured knee.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looks like my move to Safety in the bye week would have provided dividends in the long run.
He's probably seen his last action as a Bear. Considering age & contract & recent injury history.
Yeah, I heard his presser stating he feels he is still a CB. But a switch to safety would have prolonged his career. Doubt he has many suitors in FA.
Peanut is 1 of my favorite Bears. A class act all the way.
Just sad to see him go out this way.

Fully agree.
I have always liked Peanut, and always felt he was way underrated.
Sad to think that he may have played his last game, ...and it was a loss... to Detoilet... that should have been a win.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Tillmans an ALL PRO for sure, I guess this might be the last he plays with us. Maybe he will decide to come back for one last season. I really think we will be looking hard in this draft for a really good DB anyway, we really need a future CB soon.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some chatter on the score this morning about the four phases of the game, three are failing. Offense is fine, Special teams is bad, defense is terrible, but the silent change was the bears losing their long time strength and conditioning coach. Saying Trestman wanted to go with bigger bulkier players, and the new regimen focuses less on flexibility. It does not say anything to the knee problems, but triceps, groin and hamstrings are soft tissue injuries that we didnt see a whole lot of with the old conditioning coach. He was built for the lovie speed game.

I dont know if it holds water, just looking for someone to blame, but it does make you wonder.

I hope Peanut has seen his last game as a chicago bear cornerback.

Next season Peanut the chicago bear safety. If they did it two years ago his career would surely have been extended.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Not sure where this whole "last snaps ever for peanut" thing is coming from. He's going to play next year, and probably better than 50 50 odds as a Bear. Let's not throw the Tillman retirement party just yet, that's a little bit of an overreaction.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where this whole "last snaps ever for peanut" thing is coming from.

Because he'll be 33, it's a contract year for him, and the D is next in line for a rebuild.
I think the odds of him remaining a BEAR are way less than 50/50, and the odds of him playing anywhere are somewhat less than 50/50.
I'd like to be wrong, but ...no... not an over-reaction.
Unless we make the playoffs, it's a very real possibility that Charles has made his last pro play.

Even if 50/50 were accurate, then right there is your answer on "where it's coming from".
50/50 would raise questions in any regard.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an odd conundrum. He is 33, and age-wise, on the down-side...that said, before the injury, he is easily a top 10, maybe higher, CB in the league.

If he wants to play, SOMEONE will take him. He seems like a smart kid, that knows his place....he'd probably take a paycut to stay with Chicago?

Of course, I said the same thing about Urlacher.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where this whole "last snaps ever for peanut" thing is coming from. He's going to play next year, and probably better than 50 50 odds as a Bear. Let's not throw the Tillman retirement party just yet, that's a little bit of an overreaction.

I'm sure he'll play somewhere next year. Just don't think it'll be in a Bear uni. Given his age and injury history, The league minimum is what I expect the Bears to offer him.
I can't say for sure. But I don't think he has played a whole game this year. That won't look good on his FA resume.
Love the guy ( in a football sense ). Just don't think he'll be a Bear next year. Look what happened w/ Urlacher .

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he'll play somewhere next year. Just don't think it'll be in a Bear uni. Given his age and injury history, The league minimum is what I expect the Bears to offer him.

The league minimum? WTF? The league minimum is what you offer SPT's reserve players. Not pro bowl CB's playing at a high level.

I can't say for sure. But I don't think he has played a whole game this year. That won't look good on his FA resume.

The Bears have played nine games. He's played about four or five of those in their entirety.

Love the guy ( in a football sense ). Just don't think he'll be a Bear next year. Look what happened w/ Urlacher.

Completely irrelevant what happened with Urlacher. I could easily name many defenders who played at a high level well into their 30's.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently Tillman said he wants to go out like mariano rivera. finish on the team he started I think, not parades and gifts from all opponents. He wants to go out the way he came in and that means cornerback and he will not move to safety.

Maybe they learned from Urlacher and will offer the two million but actually take a counter and not just slam the door. I dont expect him back.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Because he'll be 33, it's a contract year for him, and the D is next in line for a rebuild.
I think the odds of him remaining a BEAR are way less than 50/50, and the odds of him playing anywhere are somewhat less than 50/50.
I'd like to be wrong, but ...no... not an over-reaction.
Unless we make the playoffs, it's a very real possibility that Charles has made his last pro play.

Even if 50/50 were accurate, then right there is your answer on "where it's coming from".
50/50 would raise questions in any regard.

Yes, it is an overreaction. Sure, the D needs a rebuild, but there are so many needs on the D side, it's hardly like we take one of the few reliable guys we do have - who is still playing very well, by the way, unlike Urlacher did last year - and throw him out too. That just makes no sense.

I'm sure he will get a decent offer. Of course, who knows, maybe he ultimately does want more than the Bears offer, since, after all, he is a top level CB in a league desperate for them. That's the only reason he isn't 100% back with us. If the Bears don't sign him, he will definitely play somewhere else. I will bet a lot of money on that.

He has a triceps injury. It's isn't a career-ending kind of thing. Calm down already. We are going to be treated to the typically-annoying public contract process, with some posturing, but Charles Tillman will almost 100% play somewhere next year, and probably for Chicago. And we will need him, because we have way too many other holes.

I have wanted us to draft a CB high the last two years, and this year is no different. But even if we draft one, we still need him back.