• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Peach Bowl: Houston vs Florida State, High Noon, on TV

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Coogs could just get their top hometown high school players to go to UH, they could be a powerhouse.

Absolutely they could. Heard that is Herman's plan, 'HTown Takeover' and all that. Said if Miami can do it, Houston can do it too.

First time I heard it, I kind of chuckled. But now I'm thinking he's got a really good start to do it.

I know he's got a good recruiter on the staff, Major Applewhite.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got outplayed.

Not that the Peach bowl is a big game for us. It was for Houston.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the 35 confidence points, Major

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got outplayed.

Not that the Peach bowl is a big game for us. It was for Houston.
Were your players more concerned with their draft status also?

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AAC really needs this win.

but Dalvin Cook is gonna have a big game.

Someone didn't didn't pay attention to how formidable the Houston run defense was all season.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did one ever show up? I've heard they're not good with the written word.

If you were better read, perhaps you wouldn't have to rely so much on your spoken oral gator juice history. Suffer at your own peril. You are badly misinformed.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone didn't didn't pay attention to how formidable the Houston run defense was all season.

The AAC is much different than arguably the most talented RB in the country. Mad props for shutting him down. They held him in check even more than BC did.

I'm still trying to figure out how my huskies were the only team to beat Houston.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AAC is much different than arguably the most talented RB in the country. Mad props for shutting him down. They held him in check even more than BC did.

I'm still trying to figure out how my huskies were the only team to beat Houston.

Me too. Then again, football is frequently unpredictable. It was at UConn, on Senior Day, a game in which a win made the Huskies bowl eligible, and the Houston QBs were banged up. Great win for UConn. Hat's off to the Huskies!

For what it's worth, after the game my son said to me that he bet UConn fans must have been thrilled by the UH win over FSU. I told him that he was probably right -- at least about the UConn fans who are less than fifteen years old.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Was at the game. All the guys eligible for the draft were on D and they played pretty well most of the game. Besides the 2 TDs that the secondary was confused. Ramsey, Walker, Smith Northrup, White all played hard. Now our OL got taken to task with stunts and blitzes all game. Even with protection changes they couldn't figure it out. Good game by Houston. And yes I was there. And No the scoreboard didn't ruin a damn thing for me. Kid's first FSU game and the first for me in a while.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Then again, football is frequently unpredictable. It was at UConn, on Senior Day, a game in which a win made the Huskies bowl eligible, and the Houston QBs were banged up. Great win for UConn. Hat's off to the Huskies!

For what it's worth, after the game my son said to me that he bet UConn fans must have been thrilled by the UH win over FSU. I told him that he was probably right -- at least about the UConn fans who are less than fifteen years old.

I was rooting for all the AAC teams.

Wins like this make the entire conference look good.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Was at the game. All the guys eligible for the draft were on D and they played pretty well most of the game. Besides the 2 TDs that the secondary was confused. Ramsey, Walker, Smith Northrup, White all played hard. Now our OL got taken to task with stunts and blitzes all game. Even with protection changes they couldn't figure it out. Good game by Houston. And yes I was there. And No the scoreboard didn't ruin a damn thing for me. Kid's first FSU game and the first for me in a while.

FSU needs s QB. Maguire isn't the answer.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our O-line didn't win at the LOS until maybe the 3rd quarter. It's sad really, but this is Florida St. All the talent in the world, but the Peach bowl ain't all that + there are times where we just don't show up for quarters or halves.. :scratch: Ramsey is gonna get a payday and who knows who else. He sees the money his old teammates last year are making as rookies in the NFL. Cook didn't look like himself. Plus we have no QB. Next year will be much different. :heh:

I really think it's stupid that agents can talk to players after the season and before bowl games. They should have to wait until JAN the following year. But players are still going to play in 3rd gear when they know the cash is coming via the NFL.

I also think the bowl game system is old - besides the top 4 teams. Some teams with a month off - show up to these games and some don't.

How many good bowl games has anyone seen thus far?

Last edited:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many good bowl games has anyone seen thus far?

The game in Atlanta yesterday was one for the ages, in my opinion. :dhd: