• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pday on NFL NETWORK ????

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, it was a team failure like all losses. I just don't like Romo getting a bye from some for his role. QB always takes more blame and gets more credit. It's the nature of the league and they get the also get the bigger salary to offset their boo boo feelings. So let's not feel like we have to protect him from his share of the blame, even if maybe he sometimes gets more of it than some of us feel that he should...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ultimately, it was a team failure like all losses. I just don't like Romo getting a bye from some for his role. QB always takes more blame and gets more credit. It's the nature of the league and they get the also get the bigger salary to offset their boo boo feelings. So let's not feel like we have to protect him from his share of the blame, even if maybe he sometimes gets more of it than some of us feel that he should...

Well thanks for all that I suppose.
Questions?
Who here is giving a bye from his role?
Who is protecting him from his share of the blame?

I made a single statement about ONE football game. Romotowens remains this boards biggest Romo fan and didn't seem the ball washer in this thread.

Earl is right. There are better examples than the GB game if we want to pile on Romo cause a fan pointed out his play in the Washington game as special.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"we had the game won independent of what the defense did - so long as we ran the clock out... which we didn't"

Maybe if we took a knee three times each second half possession the loss woulda been independent of the defense. We couldn't afford to risk a fumble or going wide to stop the clock.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questions?

I made a single statement about ONE football game. Romotowens remains this boards biggest Romo fan and didn't seem the ball washer in this thread.

Earl is right. There are better examples than the GB game if we want to pile on Romo cause a fan pointed out his play in the Washington game as special.

Never said I was referring to you. There are more than a handful. Surprised to see you even bringing that up. I'll give you a perfect example...Romo throws 5 ints and I read 3 or 4 different people telling me why each individual one was someone else's fault. That is certainly protecting him from his share of the blame, no?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Questions?

I only mentioned the GB game because I was trying to illustrate the point of "Jeckyl & Hyde" as it pertains to Romo. With GB being the week before Washington, I thought it was a fair point.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said I was referring to you. There are more than a handful. Surprised to see you even bringing that up. I'll give you a perfect example...Romo throws 5 ints and I read 3 or 4 different people telling me why each individual one was someone else's fault. That is certainly protecting him from his share of the blame, no?

well sure if we're allowed to go back throughout his career and years of statements made on a message board.

Old news and Romo was special his last game played when it was required. I don't see that statement as a requirement to point out all the Romo ball washers over the years and talk about protection.

Two weeks ago I was called a Garrett ball washer and I suppose now a Romo ball washer. :L

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said it's an ultimate team win or loss. If Murray doesn't make the play to score vs Washington we would be arguing that romo didn't throw it far enough to Williams. Team gAme yes, but with almost every loss u can go back to 2 or 3 plays and unfortunately ROmo has been involved

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's the ultimate team sport of team sports to me, and no role in team sports is greater towards team success or failure than NFL QB. Even when Dallas had the great Emmitt Smith and the greatest oline in the history of pro football

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ass kissing is beyond awesome :laugh3:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said it's an ultimate team win or loss. If Murray doesn't make the play to score vs Washington we would be arguing that romo didn't throw it far enough to Williams. Team gAme yes, but with almost every loss u can go back to 2 or 3 plays and unfortunately ROmo has been involved

Don't get me started on that one again!!! LOL...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. Just telling the truth. And you were correct if you were the one that said it wasn't a great pass. He did under throw it.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's why it is brought up and also the fact that it came out he was audibling out of run plays to pass plays with the huge lead. I don't think anyone ever said It was Romo's fault alone. But if all you have to do is run out the clock and you don't, you have to take at least some of the blame especially when you know your defense sucks and could give up points like crazy.

Giving up points like crazy is one thing, giving up TDs on every possession in the 2nd half is another. Against Aaron Rodgers, I can see that happening. Against Matt Flynn? Inexcusable.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving up points like crazy is one thing, giving up TDs on every possession in the 2nd half is another. Against Aaron Rodgers, I can see that happening. Against Matt Flynn? Inexcusable.

Dallas had that game, it didn't matter what the defense did if Dallas shortened the clock like they should have. 5 TD's on 5 possessions is horrible, yes. But if Dallas ran the ball - like the coaches wanted - Green Bay wouldn't have had 5 possessions to score 5 TD's.

I am not defending the defense (no pun), last year's version was the worst defense I have ever seen - no exaggeration. They cost us quite a few games, giving up 30+ points 7 times.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally agree. Defense gets no slack...but if we ran out the clock maybe we win any way. Plenty of blame to go around has always been my point

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. Defense gets no slack...but if we ran out the clock maybe we win any way. Plenty of blame to go around has always been my point

3 runs and out isn't going to kill that much time

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 runs and out isn't going to kill that much time

Who said it would be 3 runs and out? It might have been 7 runs and TD. The offensive line and Murray were destroying the Packers all game. Then for some strange reason Dallas refuses to utilize that strength when they needed it most. It was a head scratcher to say the least.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said it would be 3 runs and out? It might have been 7 runs and TD. The offensive line and Murray were destroying the Packers all game. Then for some strange reason Dallas refuses to utilize that strength when they needed it most. It was a head scratcher to say the least.

Exactly. I don't want to rehash the whole game because again my point isn't that it's Romo's fault, just that it is clearly partially his fault, but this thought process that if you run you WILL fail is exactly what seems to go through Garrett and Romo's minds on game day and it is wrong.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas had that game, it didn't matter what the defense did if Dallas shortened the clock like they should have. 5 TD's on 5 possessions is horrible, yes. But if Dallas ran the ball - like the coaches wanted - Green Bay wouldn't have had 5 possessions to score 5 TD's.

It did matter. The only way Dallas could have lost that game is if the defense gave up 5 TDs in the 2nd half, and this was to a back-up quarterback. On average, an NFL team gets 12 possessions a game. 5 possessions in the 2nd half is actually under the average for a team. That was inexcusable. GB had three 80-yard drives and only one of them was a short drive so time was against them. The only way GB could have possibly won that game is if Dallas gave them TDs on literally every possession, which is unheard of. Getting 5 possessions in a half is not abnormal for any NFL team. Giving up 5 TDs in a half is as abnormal as it gets. Sorry, that loss is on the defense.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I don't want to rehash the whole game because again my point isn't that it's Romo's fault, just that it is clearly partially his fault, but this thought process that if you run you WILL fail is exactly what seems to go through Garrett and Romo's minds on game day and it is wrong.

We'll just have to agree to disagree there. I don't even think Romo is partially to blame. If we were giving out percentages on who was the blame for that game, I'd give 98% to the defense, 1% Garrett, 1% Romo.

Personally, I blame Romo more for the Broncos game. That's Peyton Manning on the other side of the field. You can't make mistakes. You have to beat Peyton Manning, you can't expect your defense to save you against him. The interception he threw was backbreaking. It was arguably the best game of his career but he just had to give the game away. If es wanted to use an example of Romo being Jekyll and Hyde and costing the Cowboys a game after being so spectacular, he could have pointed to this one and I wouldn't have disagreed with him. That game was basically Romo's career wrapped into one game. The Broncos were averaging like 42 points a game coming into the game and we had one of the worst defenses. Scoring 40+ points was the only way we would beat that team.

Conversely, against Matt Flynn, 36 points should have been more than enough to suffice, not to mention sporting a 26-3 lead at half. A game like that you would expect the Cowboys to end up winning like 48-17 or something because you figure the defense would force Flynn into some fumbles or interceptions to pretty much ice the game. Nope, they did absolutely nothing. Scandrick's interception drop in the endzone when it was 26-3 is being swept under the rug by too many people. Scandrick could have stopped GB before they got started right there but horribly misplayed an awful pass by Flynn that somehow ends up being caught by Jordy Nelson for a TD when Scandrick was in better position than Jordy was.

We can play "the offense should have did a better job running out the clock" all day. There's plenty of games like that where we could say. The Detroit game a few years ago comes to mind. But this game wasn't even like the Detroit game. Romo didn't throw two pick sixes to get the Packers back in it. The Packers got back in it on their own because our defense was so awful. 26-3 lead at half against a back up quarterback is a win for at least 30 of the NFL teams. I'm not sure the Jags would have even blown a lead like that. If that was Aaron Rodgers, then I'm putting that game on Romo and Garrett. But that was against Matt Flynn. I mean seriously, I can't be the only one who thinks this. That loss is on the defense. I don't even wanna hear about Romo and Garrett's clock management or play selection when it comes to this game. There's plenty of other games where we could debate about that.