• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pday on NFL NETWORK ????

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original 88 knows....LOL
Blame Clint, Tex ,Tom and Gil for it started back in the middle to late 60's..

QB's in Dallas should be judged by playoff advancements. I'll say it again, love everything about the man, player and person he appears to be. Great talent that over came great odds.
BUT...aikman, stauback, Dandy and even Danny set the bar very high

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original 88 knows....LOL
Blame Clint, Tex ,Tom and Gil for it started back in the middle to late 60's..

QB's in Dallas should be judged by playoff advancements. I'll say it again, love everything about the man, player and person he appears to be. Great talent that over came great odds.
BUT...aikman, staubach, Dandy and even Danny set the bar very high

I know staubach....set myself put there, have at it

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pullin for Tony as much as the next guy. His performance against Washington last year to save the season was as good as any Dallas QB ever played when it had to be.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish I could have gotten to see him play more- Roger that is.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pullin for Tony as much as the next guy. His performance against Washington last year to save the season was as good as any Dallas QB ever played when it had to be.

:nod:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit- at 1:40 to 1:50 of that video- I started wondering if you graduated from Tulsa . LOL

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Romo is a case of "Jeckyl and Hyde", sometimes he looks great and others he makes you want to pull your hair out.

He was great in the Redskins game, but let's not forget it was Romo that cost Dallas the game the week before against Green Bay. A win against Green Bay and the season isn't "on the line" against Washington.

I don't like the idea of saying one regular season game is any more important than any other. A win in September is just as important as a win in December. A loss in December counts the same as a loss in October. JMO

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can nitpick every win or every loss and blame them on whoever. Like Romo and Pearson said the past is the past. Its over and we cant go back.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was great in the Redskins game, but let's not forget it was Romo that cost Dallas the game the week before against Green Bay. A win against Green Bay and the season isn't "on the line" against Washington.

There are many games you can point to and say Romo "cost them," but this game is not one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is a case of "Jeckyl and Hyde", sometimes he looks great and others he makes you want to pull your hair out.

I don't like the idea of saying one regular season game is any more important than any other. A win in September is just as important as a win in December. A loss in December counts the same as a loss in October. JMO

On paper this is true, however the Redskin game was do or die - the Packers game wasnt. We can play that game for every loss we had during the year with exception of Chicago and NO because they destroyed us. For example - if Carr shows up a little vs Detroit then the Redskin may not matter. If Murray doesnt fumble vs Philly the opening drive we may have made the playoffs. If Romo doesnt throw the pick vs Denver - I know that was an AFC game- but maybe that wouldnt have made the Skin game so important.

All the games are important- yes but not all are musts. Washington was a must

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you do want to argue his record in the "must win" games. Don't we know how that ends?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt the one who brought up the Washington game . It was said that IF Romo doesnt cost us the GB game, then the Washington game wouldnt have been a must. I simply said well you can make that case for every loss we have . Somebody usually goes down as the goat whether its Romo OR someone else. If I remember right we had a 26-3 lead vs GB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo's performance against Washington last year to save the season was as good as any Dallas QB ever played when it had to be.

which said statement has nothing to do with any other game.
Just as simple as that

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you are trying to say here.

I'm saying him using the Packers' game is a bad example. I believe the defense giving up 34 points in the 2nd half while allowing the Packers to score 5 TDs on 5 possessions is what cost the Cowboys in that game. Three of those TD drives were 80 yards. So this wasn't just simply the Cowboys offense handing them great field position all throughout the half. Romo certainly is not off the hook for that game, because he threw two crucial picks, but it's hard to use this game as an example of him costing them games. There are many games he could have chosen from to illustrate Romo costing them a game, but he decided to pick one where it was clearly the defense that cost them.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this wasn't just simply the Cowboys offense handing them great field position all throughout the half. Romo certainly is not off the hook for that game, because he threw two crucial picks, but it's hard to use this game as an example of him costing them games..

Well, that's why it is brought up and also the fact that it came out he was audibling out of run plays to pass plays with the huge lead. I don't think anyone ever said It was Romo's fault alone. But if all you have to do is run out the clock and you don't, you have to take at least some of the blame especially when you know your defense sucks and could give up points like crazy.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's why it is brought up and also the fact that it came out he was audibling out of run plays to pass plays with the huge lead. I don't think anyone ever said It was Romo's fault alone. But if all you have to do is run out the clock and you don't, you have to take at least some of the blame especially when you know your defense sucks and could give up points like crazy.

Bingo!

I don't view Romo as a selfish player, but his actions in the 4th quarter of that game were defensless. There was absolutely no reason to throw the ball and Romo kept audibling into pass plays from called runs.

Say what you want about Jason Garrett the coach, but the man has a lot of integrity. For Garrett to throw Romo under the bus the way he did was very telling.

And of course we can certainly blame the defense for the GB game, but we had the game won independent of what the defense did - so long as we ran the clock out... which we didn't.