• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pavel Datsyuk says he wants to sign extension with Red Wings this summer

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rest easy my fellow wings fans, datsyuk is here to stay :rockon:

Datsyuk said he hopes to sign a contract extension with the Red Wings this off-season, putting to rest rumors and speculation that he will return to Russia in 2014-15, when his NHL contract expires.

“It's not 100 percent, but I hope we agree and sign more,'' Datsyuk said. “I'm looking forward (to signing with the Red Wings). I would love to stay.''

Datsyuk, 34, has one year remaining on his contract at $6.7 million. There were concerns within the organization and its fan base that it might be his final season. But, the superstar forward indicated he wants to remain in the NHL for a few more years.

He said nobody should read anything into his comments during training camp, when he said it would be his dream to finish his career in Russia.

“(Media) asked me and just I answered it's fun to be home (in Russia),'' Datsyuk said. “But (he left) one home to come to another home (here). When you play too much here, it's nice to come back home (to Russia).

“I hope so we agree and I sign new deal.''

General manager Ken Holland said he plans to talk to Datsyuk's agent, Gary Greenstin, in the next few weeks. Datsyuk can't sign a new contract until July 5.

Asked how long he'd like to remain in the NHL, Datsyuk said, “My time is too long, you never know. Hockey now is so competitive, so aggressive game. You never know. But I'm looking forward.''

He was encouraged by the team's playoff run and growth of many young players. He believes the future is bright.

“My optimism is always on the top,'' Datsyuk said. “This is how we can play. We played together. I like it.

“We don't have too many Nick Lidstrom, (Steve) Yzerman or (Sergei) Fedorov, but we play together and it's a good year for us. I'm looking forward to keeping same team, kind of, and doing the same next year.''

He still would like to play in Russia one day.

“This is my goal, but you never know how this go,'' Datsyuk said. “I would love to finish (in Russia), give back to my friends and fans in Russia. I hope so I'll be in good shape (then).''

Pavel Datsyuk says he wants to sign extension with Red Wings this summer and stay here beyond next season | MLive.com

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. We need him.

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is still moving to the Eastern Conference right?!? This news has my blessing.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good I would hate to see him playing on another team!

Just one of those players that would look odd somewhere else other than Detroit.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember reading an interview a while back where he as very specific about his last two years playing, he wanted them both to be for two different teams in the KHL. I don't remember which ones, one was his hometown team and the other I believe was the team Jagr played for. I still think someday he will go back and play in the KHL, but hopefully it will be at least a few more years.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“(Media) asked me and just I answered it's fun to be home (in Russia),'' Datsyuk said. “But (he left) one home to come to another home (here).

I teared up a little.

So happy to hear this!

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out, Jimmy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on Jimmy's play I think he is above criticism this offseason.

I know you were joking but unfortunately I'm sure he will be doubted again.