• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul Oliver dies at age 29

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, that would not be my choice of ways to do it. I think some folks hate themselves so much, they not only want to kill themselves but they want to suffer while doing it. I think it leaves quite an impression on the person that finds them and the suicidal person wants that person to feel guilt and pain also.

Why? What happened to being glad that they went out on their own terms?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

suicide runs in family so to speak. I think its the cowards way out. I have seen what it does to the people left behind. I am not saying its not what he wanted, but its extremely selfish, and in particular to ones mother. I have lost a daughter, not to suicide, and have seen what her mother is going through also. It is never ok for a parent to bury a child in my opinion, and anyone who does that to their parents is a piece of shit to me. Thats just me though.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
suicide runs in family so to speak. I think its the cowards way out. I have seen what it does to the people left behind. I am not saying its not what he wanted, but its extremely selfish, and in particular to ones mother. I have lost a daughter, not to suicide, and have seen what her mother is going through also. It is never ok for a parent to bury a child in my opinion, and anyone who does that to their parents is a piece of shit to me. Thats just me though.

Nice job of letting him off the hook.

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Privately, with dignity and I respect that. But doing it in front of people who love him in order to punish them and make them feel pain is sickeningly selfish and cruel.

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selfish way to go out of this world.

I work in law enforcement and have seen several suicides, in all different types of ways. I have seen the devastation it causes to the families involved, including my own, as my brother committed suicide over a year ago.

From a sane perspective – yes, suicide can be perceived as a selfish act. You are taking your life away from your family, which loves you to know end. With that said, I don't believe the person(s) committing suicide is (are) selfish.

If you really think about suicide and how dark of a place one must be in to commit the act, you can understand the depth of their despair. You may not understand the act itself, but that's mostly a reflection of your own perception of life. I can never understand why my brother committed suicide, because I myself could never imagine doing so -- and intentionally leaving this life, and the people I love in it. I can accept his choice, without ever understanding it.

I have come to understand that mental illness is mostly a mystery, it's complex and difficult to grasp, especially for people who have not worked directly with people with mental illness or experienced it their selves. Their decision isn't black and white; to you it may be, but just remember that is coming from your own perspective.

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, that would not be my choice of ways to do it. I think some folks hate themselves so much, they not only want to kill themselves but they want to suffer while doing it. I think it leaves quite an impression on the person that finds them and the suicidal person wants that person to feel guilt and pain also.

Well obviously, suicide will leave an impression no matter the means. However, I would rather encounter a suicide by hanging than by gunshot, every day, any day.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official i guess this loser shot himself in front of his wife and two children. What a piece of shit.