• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots To Trade For Andre Johnson??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are popping up everywhere that Bill Belichick is going after Andre Johnson of the Houston Texans. From all of the same reports, the Texans are ready to deal him. The Carolina Panthers and Cleveland Browns are supposedly interest too.

Johnson would have to rework his contract ($10M) for the Patriots to able to fit him.

No one is saying what it will take to get him,but me tyhinks it's at least a player and a first round pick.

There's little question that AJ would make a huge difference in the Patriots offense.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has talent, but at what price?
Mallet and Amendola? Maybe.
Mallet and a third?
Amendola and a third?
He's getting older and he knows Fitzpatrick is not the one.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to admit, if the Pats pull this off, I would see a Super Bowl appearance .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think Mallet can be a part of the trade. Houston would have already pulled that trigger if they wanted him. Throw in the drafted a mid-round guy that they seem very high on being the possible future. Amendola with his injury history I can't see either. Houston if they are going to trade away one of if not the cornerstone player of their franchise over the last quite a few years they are going to want something of actual value back. Throw in Houston doesn't have much reason to trade him considering they will not get hardly any cap relief by trading him.

I would guess 1st round pick is just the starting point of negotiations. The Broncos got 2 2nd round picks for Brandon Marshall and that was when he was all over the place causing problems on and off the field for the team. Top tier receivers still fetch a pretty penny. Wouldn't surprise me if Houston was looking for at least a 1st and 2nd round pick in the deal.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be great if the Patriots were to get him. I don't think Houston would take DA since he is injury prone. Yes he is a decent receiver but he really can't stay too healthy. This certainly will be interesting to see pan out.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson would have to heavily restructure his contract and take a significant pay cut if he were to take his talents to Foxboro, both of which are unlikely.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On NFL.com they have an article that although 4 teams have called the Texans that doesn't mean they are actually interested one bit in trading him. In fact the article says they are not interested at all.

HUBSTER

I don't re-Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not seeing much chatter coming from the NE sports media on this.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Big Ken.

Last edited by a moderator:

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken is full of shit. He's making crap up. No one is talking about that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SD......I don't "make" things up.......It WAS all over the place yesterday and the Texans announced today they would not trade him. Shortly thereafter AJ tweeted that he is demanding a trade. The Texans and AJ are already at odds because they won't pay him $1,000,000 workout bonus.

SD.....I've said this to at least 10 other guys who like to type and hide behide the keyboard. None have ever accepted. Read carefully. I'm 64 years old, did four tours of Viet Nam, and would very much like to have you insult me to my face. I'm 6'2" 260 Lbs. I can be found at any Pats home game between 12 noon and 12:30 in front of the Team Shop. I'll be there for the first Pats public practice when camp opens. I'll make this public invitation.......come to the practice. As you approach the entrance walking downhill, look to your right. There will be 3-4 tented booths. I'll be standing at the booth nearest the field with a gray XXXL Patriots Training T-Shirt. I'll give you first swing, stab, shot........then it'll be self defense for me. Willing to accept?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken, you're 64 and survived 'Nam but want to fistfight a dude over a difference of sports opinion?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or are internet tough guys getting even tougher these days?

patspa

PATS SEEKING SEVEN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SD......I don't "make" things up.......It WAS all over the place yesterday and the Texans announced today they would not trade him. Shortly thereafter AJ tweeted that he is demanding a trade. The Texans and AJ are already at odds because they won't pay him $1,000,000 workout bonus.

SD.....I've said this to at least 10 other guys who like to type and hide behide the keyboard. None have ever accepted. Read carefully. I'm 64 years old, did four tours of Viet Nam, and would very much like to have you insult me to my face. I'm 6'2" 260 Lbs. I can be found at any Pats home game between 12 noon and 12:30 in front of the Team Shop. I'll be there for the first Pats public practice when camp opens. I'll make this public invitation.......come to the practice. As you approach the entrance walking downhill, look to your right. There will be 3-4 tented booths. I'll be standing at the booth nearest the field with a gray XXXL Patriots Training T-Shirt. I'll give you first swing, stab, shot........then it'll be self defense for me. Willing to accept?

"Call me Frances and I'll kill you" Relax .......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer.........has nothing to do with difference of opinion. I'm responding to being called a liar or "full of shit". Most people who blog don't have the nut to say something face to face. They can sit in their room with a laptop and pretend to be a "big" guy. Let's just say, I tend to call out anyone who insults me and most just fade away, never to be heard from again. If they take me up on my invitation, they see me, and generally walk away. If they decide to to take it to the next step.........I'm still here.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer.........has nothing to do with difference of opinion. I'm responding to being called a liar or "full of shit". Most people who blog don't have the nut to say something face to face. They can sit in their room with a laptop and pretend to be a "big" guy. Let's just say, I tend to call out anyone who insults me and most just fade away, never to be heard from again. If they take me up on my invitation, they see me, and generally walk away. If they decide to to take it to the next step.........I'm still here.

I'm going to call it "over-reacting" Ken. I had a certain Denver fan call me out and I just laughed. Like you, I am not afraid of anybody but there is no need to "defend" yourself like this. We are all fans and if you post, eventually somebody will be offended, offensive or both. Being insulted on a message board is meaningless.....

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or are internet tough guys getting even tougher these days?

Yep, and im the toughest. *WHAP* - That was me just internet slapping you in the mouth. Go ahead...hit me back!