• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots new Championship banners on their way to Gillette...with the latest edition.

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will one be named Super Deflate Bowl?
The other Super Spy Bowl?
And the Division Champion Nuts Bowl?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet that is the NFL argument. Essentially: The cba doesnt say we have to be fair. They are arguing that fairness has nothing to do with it. The cba gives me the power... period.
But, it kind of does. So I tend to agree with them about what they can do even though I may disagree with what they should do.

What exactly did they say about Wells not being independent and about Brady not getting a fair investigation? it's shocking to think they would say the investigation wasn't fair.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious. If there is a 10 year waiting list, why isn't it 100% season ticket holders? Some of the seats too pricey or some agreement to keep 5% available to general public???

The Krafts hold a few thousand in reserve to sell to the general public each year. They are usually gone in less than 5 minutes when they go on sale. I have actually gotten them that way once. Sat at my computer repeat clicking till I got in. My strategy was to pick a game no one probably really wanted, figuring most people would go right for the big matchups.

BradPittsEvilTwin

Keaton for President '16
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, it kind of does. So I tend to agree with them about what they can do even though I may disagree with what they should do.

What exactly did they say about Wells not being independent and about Brady not getting a fair investigation? it's shocking to think they would say the investigation wasn't fair.

Ok... here's a quote from the NFL attorney:

Nash kept trying to re-direct Berman, stressing that those details weren't as important as Roger Goodell's right to retain Wells and to operate as arbitrator. Nash got strident saying, "This argument of Wells independence is a complete red herring . . . It sounds good in the media . . . But (the NFL) is not bound to (an independent investigator) by the collective bargaining agreement."

So I guess they didn't actually admit it under oath, they refused to answer the question about his independence (after spending months touting that exact independent status to the public) instead. My mistake. But once again it is the NFL that is not coming clean, not being transparent, and not being fully cooperative.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The judge also stated even though it wasn't a trial, it needed to be fair and equitable (I'm paraphrasing) Nash was part of tge investigation yet wasn't allowed to be questioned by tge NFLPA attorneys.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Krafts hold a few thousand in reserve to sell to the general public each year. They are usually gone in less than 5 minutes when they go on sale. I have actually gotten them that way once. Sat at my computer repeat clicking till I got in. My strategy was to pick a game no one probably really wanted, figuring most people would go right for the big matchups.

I like that they do that. 5% probably isn't enough, but at least it is something

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that they do that. 5% probably isn't enough, but at least it is something

Yeah I didnt' do the math on the % when I wrote that, but it is kinda cool they hold back some seats, but it sucks that even those get scooped up by scalpers usually.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying it... the NFL has said it!

First they said he was independent, making the general public think that Brady was getting a fair investigation. Then during the appeals process, under oath, they admitted he was not.

Once again showing that they have been manipulating the facts and the court of public opinion in a very bad faith effort. There was nothing fair about this process at all.

Right. But the NFL maintains it doesn't need to be fair, it's irrelevant. Forget if there rules about football tampering or other equipment or previous fines for failure to cooperate or previous punishments on ball tampering.