• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Willis 4th most feared player in NFL

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Lames Harrison???

2008 called; they want their most-feared list back.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder where A. Smith ranks. In the last 3 years he does have the most sacks and he missed half the year this year.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kind of interesting how different guys apparently looked at the question in different ways......ranges from figuratively scary (Manning) to literally scary (Harrison), and most of the other guys are some mix of the two.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kind of interesting how different guys apparently looked at the question in different ways......ranges from figuratively scary (Manning) to literally scary (Harrison), and most of the other guys are some mix of the two.

I think the difference correlates on whether the player answering the question plays offense or defense... I think defensive players will translate the question as you said "figuratively" while players in the offensive side of the ball will translate it more on the literal sense

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder where A. Smith ranks. In the last 3 years he does have the most sacks and he missed half the year this year.

I wouldn't consider Aldon to be feared much. Hea not really know for knocking people out. His sacks are almost gentle on the qb.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't consider Aldon to be feared much. Hea not really know for knocking people out. His sacks are almost gentle on the qb.

because of the rules on hitting QB's, no choice? you can't hit'em high, and you can't hit'em low.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"casual demeanor"???

that's fine but for me, don't see him as 'casual'.

He plays well and the results are obvious. This poll is about the perception (not performance related) from fellow players. Guys like Suh, Manning, Willis, etc are intense. Aldon, not so much.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He plays well and the results are obvious. This poll is about the perception (not performance related) from fellow players. Guys like Suh, Manning, Willis, etc are intense. Aldon, not so much.

ok, I never perceived Aldon as having less intensity than the next guy. even if he isn't flying in the air when he makes the sack, even if he doesn't celebrated with elaborate performances, don't perceive that as being "casual". no big deal, just my perception.

also, IMO 'fear' does include performance. if you can't perform at a high level, why should anyone fear you?

Last edited by a moderator:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ok, I never perceived Aldon as having less intensity than the next guy. even if he isn't flying in the air when he makes the sack, even if he doesn't celebrated with elaborate performances, don't perceive that as being "casual". no big deal, just my perception.

also, IMO 'fear' does include performance. if you can't perform at a high level, why should anyone fear you?

Now we're getting into semantics. The poll is not about what you think, it's about the how the nfl players perceive each other.