• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pat Bowlen resigns control of the Broncos due to Alzheimer's

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad day as a Broncos fan. Though we knew this day was coming, it doesn't make it any easier to swallow. One of the greatest owners of all time. 6 losing seasons in 30 years and was never scared to spend if it meant helping the team.

Pat Bowlen, one of the most iconic owners in NFL history who helped guide the Broncos to six Super Bowl appearances and two world championships in his 30 years as owner, is relinquishing control of the team as he acknowledges he is dealing with Alzheimer's disease.

Team president Joe Ellis will assume control of the Broncos as Bowlen focuses on his health.

"It's a really, really sad day," Ellis said. "It's sad for his family, his wife and his seven children. It's sad for everyone in the organization. And it's sad for all the Bronco fans who know what Pat Bowlen meant to them as an owner. It's a day nobody wanted to see happen."

Pat Bowlen resigns control of Denver Broncos, acknowledges he is dealing with Alzheimer's disease - The Denver Post

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best wishes to Mister Bowlen. As an owner, he has been a credit to the game and hope for the best for him.

A sad day for the NFL.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the Bronco's didn't need anymore motivation after the Hawks spanked them on the National stage, this sure as hell will light a fire under there arses....

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame. Alzheimer's is a bitch. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I hope he gets some effective treatment and can overcome it for as long as possible.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"One of the greatest owners of all time"

No question on the all time statement

I concur I was happy watching him raise the Lombardi with Elway the first year. Classy guy

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truly one of the greats! He has shown the rest of the NFL for years of how to truly be great owners not only to produce a winning program but to make one that players and coaches alike want to come into work everyday. Bronco fans have known for about 5 years that this day was coming and really came a while back as he had already surrendered most of his responsibility to others but even just his presence spoke volumes to those around him. Hopefully the team can go out this year and give him that one more great memory of bringing home the Lombardi.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad news. Wish him, his family, and the Broncos organization the best of wishes.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That's rough. I heard alzheimers can cause memory loss.

Or even worse: memory loss.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you think you are funny because honestly this is a tasteless post that just wasn't necessary. Bowlen has said he can barely remember even the Super Bowl victories at this time so please show a bit of respect for a man and a family going through a very difficult time.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Do you think you are funny because honestly this is a tasteless post that just wasn't necessary. Bowlen has said he can barely remember even the Super Bowl victories at this time so please show a bit of respect for a man and a family going through a very difficult time.

You really took it that seriously?

Ok, I apologize for the joke. Wasn't trying to disrespect the guy.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you can't tell from the context of the other posts that people are being serious and feel the need to crack a joke, then you are a fucking moron.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand you were trying to be funny but on the day when this guy is retiring from the organization that he helped build up because of a very serious disease then it probably isn't the time to crack a joke quite yet. Just have to read the room man and at this point jokes about his disease just are in distaste.

I'm guessing you have never seen somebody go through this disease because honestly when you do there is nothing funny about it. When you walk into a room of a loved one and they become scared of you because you are a stranger to them there really is nothing funny about that moment.

For Bowlen the Broncos have been a huge part of his life. He has given his all to seeing the Broncos win Super Bowls and yet right now he can't hardly even remember that they won them. All of his hard work and he cannot remember the greatest moments of it all. Again nothing funny about that.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is very difficult to watch the cumulative toll the effects of that degenerative neural disease has on a once proud, entrepreneurial, and hard-working guy who conducted his affairs with professionalism, dignity, and class. I wish the man well go forward.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blessings to Mr. Bowlen and his family.

My wife's 91 year old Grandmother lives with us and she has full dementia. Been there, doin' that and hatin' it.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only just learned this or didn't remember originally hearing it but its sad.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Has it been long enough yet?

If you can't tell from the context of the other posts that people are being serious and feel the need to crack a joke, then you are a fucking moron.

Do you think you are funny because honestly this is a tasteless post that just wasn't necessary.

Not funny at all.