• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Passive Aggressive Ravens thrilled with new rule

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they DID post a pretty effin' whiny tweet about it. You have to expect flak for that.

So a tweet some intern probably made means Harbaugh and Co. are still complaining about it?

Okay.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a tweet some intern probably made means Harbaugh and Co. are still complaining about it?

Okay.

As the tweet has been up for the better part of twelve hours, I think we can safely assume it has at least tacit approval from the team, yes.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares, BB was not going to use this play again. Indy stopped it in the AFCCG. All it did was stop the rest of the league from using it. Moving on..........

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the tweet has been up for the better part of twelve hours, I think we can safely assume it has at least tacit approval from the team, yes.

All the tweet said is that a rule changed that had been used in a game the Ravens played last year. If the Ravens were the ones who proposed the rule change (which they weren't), THEN you could say they're still whining about it. But apparently 31 other teams voting for something the Ravens didn't even propose meant they are still complaining about it :noidea:.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys honestly think those 3 non-scoring plays made that much of a difference in the game? And Harbaugh/the Ravens even blaming the loss on them?

The Ravens didn't even submit the request to change the rule. Nobody lost sleep over those plays. Swing and a miss Pats fans......
...lol,.....did you even watch the Fkkn game.....?!,.......your "whiney" HC got a 15-yard. Penalty for unsportsmanlike (his 2nd , I believe against the pats) to get his frustration out and cry to the reffs......!

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...lol,.....did you even watch the Fkkn game.....?!,.......your "whiney" HC got a 15-yard. Penalty for unsportsmanlike (his 2nd , I believe against the pats) to get his frustration out and cry to the reffs......!

Didn't your coach get fined for damn near assaulting a ref because he lost a game against the Ravens 2 years ago?

GTFO here with that whining bullshit.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm glad that my coach didn't devise an effective scheme within the rules to put our ill=prepared opponents at a disadvantage" - no NFL fan anywhere

LOL...now that was funny AND a good point!!!

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't your coach get fined for damn near assaulting a ref because he lost a game against the Ravens 2 years ago?

GTFO here with that whining bullshit.
......yup,.........I believe it was about that very "questionable" raven's game-winning field goal that barely went over the ^upright^......?!,........thanks to your kicker the NFL raised the goal-post 5-ft.,.......try again, sparky..!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......yup,.........I believe it was about that very "questionable" raven's game-winning field goal that barely went over the ^upright^......?!,........thanks to your kicker the NFL raised the goal-post 5-ft.,.......try again, sparky..!
Haha that was because of the raven kicker coming too close....comical keep it coming please. I couldn't believe BB whining either...couldn't happen.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha that was because of the raven kicker coming too close....comical keep it coming please. I couldn't believe BB whining either...couldn't happen.
......oh-boy.......lookie-here,.......our resident troll.....!,.......I bet you allready bought a Suh jersey, and walked around your trailer with a puffed chest....!

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......oh-boy.......lookie-here,.......our resident troll.....!,.......I bet you allready bought a Suh jersey, and walked around your trailer with a puffed chest....!

Hey MM, remember when the Dolphins weren't a running joke in the NFL?

Me neither.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

th

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's well documented that Harbaugh whined about it as deceptive - hence the title. Then it was slowed down for him to a point where the ref was telling the Ravens who was not eligible and who not to cover. Now they've change the rules not allowing an player with eligible number outside of the tackle box to report as ineligible because certain teams are too effing stupid to figure it out, even when told. College has made no such rule change.

Source: John Harbaugh: Pats' substitutions deceptive - NFL.com

NBC Sports
NFL bans Patriots’ ineligible receiver ploy

Ploy Definition
dictionary.search.yahoo.com
n. noun

• 1. An action calculated to frustrate an opponent or gain an advantage indirectly or deviously; a maneuver.
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, yep, it's a duck !! :rolleyes2:

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whine Definition
n. noun v. verb

"It's not something that anybody has ever done before," Harbaugh said. "The league will look at that type of thing, and I'm sure they'll make some adjustments and things like that."

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBC Sports
NFL bans Patriots’ ineligible receiver ploy

Ploy Definition
n. noun

• 1. An action calculated to frustrate an opponent or gain an advantage indirectly or deviously; a maneuver.
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, yep, it's a duck !! :rolleyes2:

so teams cannot be devious any more even when they follow the rules? Didn't the Rams win a game last season on a 'devious' play on a kickoff? Faking a field goal is devious, but Seattle needed to do it to get back in the game against GB. Isn't snapping the ball to someone other than the QB devious? All those plays I mentioned are currently legal, but devious.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with Belichick utilizing that play. I mean...they had to try something, they were going to lose (again). It reminds me of the movie "The Break Up" when Vince Vaughn's character gets knocked out.

Gary: Richard did not kick my ass. What Richard did was attack me when I was half asleep.

Brooke: Really, is that how you see it?

Gary: There's a real big gap between getting your ass kicked and having a dancing, singing sprite fool you with trickery and then strike your throat before you even know you're in a fight. But I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand that, because all you do is make moves from up in your ivory tower.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so teams cannot be devious any more even when they follow the rules? Didn't the Rams win a game last season on a 'devious' play on a kickoff? Faking a field goal is devious, but Seattle needed to do it to get back in the game against GB. Isn't snapping the ball to someone other than the QB devious? All those plays I mentioned are currently legal, but devious.

You're arguing with the wrong person, I just told you what the league said and why they decided to ban that formation......
I didn't introduce it, nor have a vote in the matter......Let me say this louder this time so maybe you bunch of crybabies will get it, "THE OWNERS DECIDED TO BAN IT", not the fans or the Ravens.....
They called it a IP ploy, not me !!!!! :doh::doh::doh:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just give it up OS these tools are clueless half of them think that this was a trick play like play action...it is pretty funny though so I'll keep popping in to see what comes up next.
So? You and Oldfool are an item? You see
You're arguing with the wrong person, I just told you what the league said and why they decided to ban that formation......
I didn't introduce it, nor have a vote in the matter......Let me say this louder this time so maybe you bunch of crybabies will get it, "THE OWNERS DECIDED TO BAN IT", not the fans or the Ravens.....
They called it a IP ploy, not me !!!!! :doh::doh::doh:

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this rule will eventually be lifted. The problem was more on the mechanics of how the play played out rather than how the Patriots had set up. You had players running on the field reporting illegible/in-illegible, referees signalling their illegibility with signals that were the same and the Patriots running a hurry up.

Even Patriots homers are admitting that the referees were doing the wrong thing by informing players multiple times "not to cover" certain players. If that's the case, shouldn't it bring up the question of how confusing the play is if the referees were confused?

For the time being this sort of stuff is off the table but, after it's brought up in future meetings I can see it being implemented again.