• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Passing and Rushing Offense

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing effectively doesn't mean passing for a lot of yards. I suppose that "passing effectively" can mean a lot of things, but you seem to imply that if you are 6-2 and 30th in passing that the team isn't passing effectively. I would counter and argue that the Niners are passing quite effectively, enough so to get them to a 6-2 record.

You also have to remember, that "balance" doesn't always equate to equal numbers in rushing and passing. We have a running quarterback, so if Kaep drops back to pass and there is no one there he scrambles and picks up rushing yards that will tip the scales, whereas a team with an immobile QB will simply throw it away. Also, the last 5 weeks we have been beating teams pretty easily, which means that you put the passing game in your back pocket for the 4th quarter and run the ball to run out the clock.

So I would certainly say that "passing effectively" should be more defined by the team's win loss record that where the team ranks in the league in passing.

Maybe a very loose interpretation. Winning is the bottom line but I'd say the 49ers are winning despite their passing game. I'm not sure this can continue. They've played a lot of mediocre to shitty teams but the two good teams they played, they lost to.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maybe a very loose interpretation. Winning is the bottom line but I'd say the 49ers are winning despite their passing game. I'm not sure this can continue. They've played a lot of mediocre to shitty teams but the two good teams they played, they lost to.

I would say they lost those games in large part due to them going away from their bread and butter, running the ball. The best drive the team had in the Colts game was the drive where they ran it down their throats. The Seattle game was just a beat down in every conceivable way (and in my opinion an outlier).

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say they lost those games in large part due to them going away from their bread and butter, running the ball. The best drive the team had in the Colts game was the drive where they ran it down their throats. The Seattle game was just a beat down in every conceivable way (and in my opinion an outlier).

Agreed. Their passing performance was abysmal; hence my stance that the key to success in today's NFL game is an effective passing game.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers offense is rushing the ball, just like last year. When we need to pass we will just like Falcons and Ravens(yes we lost but that was because of our D) in the playoffs and GB this year.

Passing game will be fine as long as we do it to our strength, not throw it 40 times like we tried in the beginning of the year. With our weapons coming back that will just add to our fire power. Teams can try and put 8 in the box to stop our run game but I will take Boldin and VD and Crabtree on one on one coverage all day.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers offense is rushing the ball, just like last year. When we need to pass we will just like Falcons and Ravens(yes we lost but that was because of our D) in the playoffs and GB this year.

Passing game will be fine as long as we do it to our strength, not throw it 40 times like we tried in the beginning of the year. With our weapons coming back that will just add to our fire power. Teams can try and put 8 in the box to stop our run game but I will take Boldin and VD and Crabtree on one on one coverage all day.[/QUOTE]

If we get Crabtree back, I agree.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will get him back. he as already said he will be back.