• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Passing and Rushing Offense

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are last in passing and #1 in rushing offense. I think this is a positive because running game will open up the passing game. We have seen it the last 2 games. I expect big things from Kap here on out. Plus throw in Mario and Crabtree coming back. Watch out. 49er might peek at the right time.

On the other end we have the #8 passing D and #12 Rushing D. A little disappointed that our Rushing D is this bad this year but I guess with all these injuries we had to expect a drop. I hope they get stronger towards the end of the year here. Again we are going to be adding a couple players on this side of the ball.

Lets Go 49ers

:bj::bj::bj::bj::bj::bj::bj:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are last in passing and #1 in rushing offense. I think this is a positive because running game will open up the passing game. We have seen it the last 2 games. I expect big things from Kap here on out. Plus throw in Mario and Crabtree coming back. Watch out. 49er might peek at the right time.

On the other end we have the #8 passing D and #12 Rushing D. A little disappointed that our Rushing D is this bad this year but I guess with all these injuries we had to expect a drop. I hope they get stronger towards the end of the year here. Again we are going to be adding a couple players on this side of the ball.

Lets Go 49ers

:bj::bj::bj::bj::bj::bj::bj:

Not me. I'd love to see more balance.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. I'd love to see more balance.

I agree and that is my point. I think we will be more balance and way more dangerous when we get healthy. This offense will be a lot better.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Due to our rushing offense being so effective, there has been no need to pass. Kaep proved against Green Bay he has what it takes to be an effective passer, but if the running game is getting it done, no need to force the passing game imho. Let Kaep continue to develop as a quarterback and the passing statistics will come eventually.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and that is my point. I think we will be more balance and way more dangerous when we get healthy. This offense will be a lot better.

I would hope so. Can't go anywhere in the playoffs with the league's worst passing attack.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win with the power run game I'm good with this. Feed Gore arrogantly smash other teams it's a great thing. I know it's not sexy and trendy but it's great old school football.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to our rushing offense being so effective, there has been no need to pass. Kaep proved against Green Bay he has what it takes to be an effective passer, but if the running game is getting it done, no need to force the passing game imho. Let Kaep continue to develop as a quarterback and the passing statistics will come eventually.

Please keep that 2 cents worth.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win with the power run game I'm good with this. Feed Gore arrogantly smash other teams it's a great thing. I know it's not sexy and trendy but it's great old school football.

Won't happen against that front of Carolina's. I hope they don't go away from it because they need the balance but the Panthers defense will make this game about Kaepernick and that might be a problem for the 49ers.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, what value does that add Toby? Besides you simply reaffirming to everyone on this board that you really do seek to tick off the other posters.

I was just pointing out that your "2 cents" on that issue was absurd and would have been better kept to yourself.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who needs to pass when u have frank gore?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is Gore is still one of the better RBs in football. 1 thing we do need to watch out for is keeping Gore Fresh for the playoffs. We need to give him some breaks.

top 5 RBs in the league
1.AP
2. Charles
3.McCoy
4.Gore
5.Lynch
6.Forte

4.5.6 are about the same. 2 and 3 are very close to each other. Cant go wrong with either one.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was just pointing out that your "2 cents" on that issue was absurd and would have been better kept to yourself.

Every comment you have is that way Toby. Look in the mirror and take you own advice.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u must drink more than aldon smith

Gore is an excellent running back but the name of the game in the NFL today is passing offense. Every team must be able to pass effectively if they want to be successful.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore is an excellent running back but the name of the game in the NFL today is passing offense. Every team must be able to pass effectively if they want to be successful.

in the nfl today u need to score more than the other team to be successful. our offense and defense feed off our running game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the nfl today u need to score more than the other team to be successful. our offense and defense feed off our running game.

No shit? You must pass the ball effectively to achieve success.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No shit? You must pass the ball effectively to achieve success.

Passing effectively doesn't mean passing for a lot of yards. I suppose that "passing effectively" can mean a lot of things, but you seem to imply that if you are 6-2 and 30th in passing that the team isn't passing effectively. I would counter and argue that the Niners are passing quite effectively, enough so to get them to a 6-2 record.

You also have to remember, that "balance" doesn't always equate to equal numbers in rushing and passing. We have a running quarterback, so if Kaep drops back to pass and there is no one there he scrambles and picks up rushing yards that will tip the scales, whereas a team with an immobile QB will simply throw it away. Also, the last 5 weeks we have been beating teams pretty easily, which means that you put the passing game in your back pocket for the 4th quarter and run the ball to run out the clock.

So I would certainly say that "passing effectively" should be more defined by the team's win loss record that where the team ranks in the league in passing.