• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

paredes ?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you keep him on the 25 man or risk letting him go ? man is he on fire improved D . i'm thinking we have no room for ryan or lough . everth cabrea has to make the team also .

TheWHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Paredes is a nice depth player and if you have the space to keep him on the roster you do so. The thing is though he already plays positions where he's going to be behind other people. He's not playing over Machado at 3B, he's not playing over Schoop at 2B, and he's not going to play over Davis or Pearce at 1B. He's got a pretty good track record at AAA hitting for a high average and good OBP, but the power hasn't been there for a corner infielder. When he got his chances in the majors he just didn't run with them. Last year he got hot and then he was hot in Spring Training. There have been a lot of Spring Training wonders that don't really pan out once the real games count.

He's 26 years old so he's still at a point in his career where he should be at the top of his skills and he's probably got several good years left in him, but at this point what do you do with him? Machado is the future at 3B. Schoop and Flaherty both have power but if either one could show consistency they would be really good. Schoop at least for now is the answer at 2B and then after Hardy he could move over to SS. Some thought he was a better overall SS than Machado was anyway and now with Manny's leg injuries..I think he's better right where he is right now.

You can afford to lose Jimmy; but it would be unfortunate.