• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paging Vance McDonald

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sure, Walker was a bigger part of the passing game, but he wasn't a BIG part of the passing game. Though correction from earlier: I just realized I was looking at his targets, not receptions.

But the original premis to the post I made was that Tobyu clamied he did not remember anybody else other than Crab and Davis.. Which is why I stated Manningham and Walker.. Never said Walker was a big part of the passing game but he did became Kaeps safety valve

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But the original premis to the post I made was that Tobyu clamied he did not remember anybody else other than Crab and Davis.. Which is why I stated Manningham and Walker.. Never said Walker was a big part of the passing game but he did became Kaeps safety valve

Yeah, and we were talking specifically about TDs, anyway. Nonetheless, this coaching staff has not made great use of a diverse passing attack to date.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like our coaching staff and QB don't know how to use more than one TE and potentially two WRs in the passing game...

Thirteen games in, and we've only thrown TDs to two players. That's a problem that goes deeper than the talent. Much deeper.

I think its more on Roman. His play calling at times has definitely been predictable...As for Vance, he has been a solid blocker and will be a very good pass catcher sooner than later...He is definitely talented. Delanie Walker didnt produce right away, and hell Vernon didnt either.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think its more on Roman. His play calling at times has definitely been predictable...As for Vance, he has been a solid blocker and will be a very good pass catcher sooner than later...He is definitely talented. Delanie Walker didnt produce right away, and hell Vernon didnt either.

We did see a more diverse attack this week, with Celek getting a few looks, Kap going through his progressions better, and some more (and more effective) outside stuff. I really hope they can work out the kinks before the playoffs....

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I didn't notice Vance at all on Sunday. I noticed Celek. Was Vance even playing?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't notice Vance at all on Sunday. I noticed Celek. Was Vance even playing?

He was inactive. Nursing an ankle injury.

Vance will be a descent TE for us eventually he's the type of guy that will spend the entire offseason in getting better bypassing a vacation getaway with his family. He would do that in order to get better and improve his play in the field for the 2014 season. He has no choice but to produce early in the 2014 season. With all that said, I don't think we made a smart decision in trading up for him and then selecting him in the 2nd round.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
With all that said, I don't think we made a smart decision in trading up for him and then selecting him in the 2nd round.

Well unless he gets a lot better I'd have to agree with this. He wasn't on my radar, but I'm not ready to call him a disappointment yet; I'm going to give him at least a couple of seasons before it's fair to say what he is.