• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pagan - Giants are Team to Beat

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I try to use the same handle on different sites so that people will "recognize" me if they know me from elsewhere. I hoped I hadn't started posting in the middle of a "war" (with "Nolan", whoever that is) as that is exactly what happened when I joined runboard. I got labelled a troll and sockpuppet and roundly insulted for a couple of days, which got my back up, and caused me to be pretty damn insulting and quick-to-anger for a couple of years on that site. Most of the jerks have been banned over the past coupla years so it's a lot quieter there now.

I went and read a bunch of my old boards today (places I posted 3, 4, 5+ years ago) and it's shocking how many of them are either completely gone, or just plain dead. The sad news is that BruteSentiment's site, sfdugout (which had a great insight on minor leaguers), is now gone. Anybody know where he (Kevin) is these days? sfdugout (the *original*, from 8-9 years ago, which later merged with scout.com) was one of my first Giants boards, and we had a great group of posters.

Sorry for highjacking the thread.

He posts semi-regularly over at McCoveyChronicles.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He posts semi-regularly over at McCoveyChronicles.

Ah. I read Grant's articles all the time (he's fucking great) but I just don't like the layout of the comments section. Reading 500+ comments, all in a row ... well I just can't. My old brain just can't digest it, I guess. It's a shame, because there are great posters there, I just refuse to wade thru 500 pieces of mediocrity for two or three glimmers of brilliance. And Grant is the best part of the site anyhow, so ...

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Ryan Howard.

Yeah, now I think you're right. I confused one seriously overweight NL 1B with another.

And I love that youtube clip. 9$ (I think) posted it last year on another board. It's great, and I really think it shows how opposing players view Nate -- and DON'T try to take that extra base (or, in the case of the video, what happens when they do).

Last edited by a moderator:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ah. I read Grant's articles all the time (he's fucking great) but I just don't like the layout of the comments section. Reading 500+ comments, all in a row ... well I just can't. My old brain just can't digest it, I guess. It's a shame, because there are great posters there, I just refuse to wade thru 500 pieces of mediocrity for two or three glimmers of brilliance. And Grant is the best part of the site anyhow, so ...

Yeah, the SNR over there sucks. Although, I do scan the threads from time to time for interesting gifs to steal. The "minor lines" threads by Steve S are nice to check in on. Most of the guys who know a bit about prospects post in those threads. Unfortunately, it looks like he has taken the winter off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Ryan Howard.

howard2.gif

Never.Gets.Old.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. Mad rep.