• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: PACKERS @ SEAHAWKS

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. I remember that game and he beat us with roll outs. I don't think he would be near as good if he was in an offense with an average oc. And I judge him based on what I saw. You're a Seattle homer, and it's cool to cheer for you're guy, I get it. But don't expect your opinion on this subject to hold any water with outsiders.

I think Wilson's record speaks for itself.... Seattle was 7-9 the year before Wilson arrived... Do the math... Look at his qb rating ... Look at his completion percentage.. Look at his leadership... Again no qb in NFL history has done better his first 2 years... Your home town homer comment has no back bone... Open your eyes

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wilson's record speaks for itself.... Seattle was 7-9 the year before Wilson arrived... Do the math... Look at his qb rating ... Look at his completion percentage.. Look at his leadership... Again no qb in NFL history has done better his first 2 years... Your home town homer comment has no back bone... Open your eyes

No, it actually does. When every other fan base tells you that Wilson is not elite, he's probably not elite. Wilson is a very good game manager, probably one of the best ever, in an offense run by a very good oc. Your logic is also flawed because with Wilson came a much improved defense.

When I think elite QBs, I think of guys that can make glaringly incomplete teams into contenders. Brady did this last year. Peyton did this several times in Indy. Rodgers has been doing it almost his whole career. Brees has done it a few times in New Orleans as well. I don't think Wilson can do this. The Seahawks were stacked last year. Replace Wilson with his back up and I still think Seattle is a contender. Replace any of the elite QBs with their back ups and their team is fucked.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you mean is you have to play for a team that sucks enough that you HAVE to make comebacks over and over to be elite. Play for an outstanding team that more often than not goes into ultra conservative mode on offense with leads and it doesn't matter what you do, you cannot be elite.

That's fine, but be honest about it.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it actually does. When every other fan base tells you that Wilson is not elite, he's probably not elite. Wilson is a very good game manager, probably one of the best ever, in an offense run by a very good oc. Your logic is also flawed because with Wilson came a much improved defense.

When I think elite QBs, I think of guys that can make glaringly incomplete teams into contenders. Brady did this last year. Peyton did this several times in Indy. Rodgers has been doing it almost his whole career. Brees has done it a few times in New Orleans as well. I don't think Wilson can do this. The Seahawks were stacked last year. Replace Wilson with his back up and I still think Seattle is a contender. Replace any of the elite QBs with their back ups and their team is fucked.

You posted this exact same shit in the "is rw elite' Thread. and you FAILED to answer it. Try again.

Explain how Peyton, Rodgers, and Brees have taken an incomplete team. Explain this "incompleteness".
This stacked team was 4-12, 5-11, 7-9 and 7-9 before RW arrived, and people laughed at Pete and the Seahawks being under .500 FOREVER with this current "Stacked Unit" What a fucking joke of an argument.

Wilson in FACT did take an Imcomplete team that neither Flynn, Whitehurst, or T-Jak could get above .500, yet you try to claim that RW's 'backup" would make Seattle a contender.

It in FACT took RW to make Seattle a contender.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They keep showing the highlights on ESPN. What a ass kicking.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep ... Wilson's leadership and clutch play took Seattle to another level...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's one of the sweetest things out of it tonight was all the clowns this summer claiming the Seahawks would be a one and done and there was no way they could repeat as SB champs.

They're all dead silent tonight. One and done my ass. They were just getting started.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Goofdell is probably kicking and screaming! All his "rules emphasis" and the better defense and running game came out victorious yet again.

Not to take away from RW either. 2 TD passes 0 INTs. Goofdell won't be happy, though, because the winning QB only had 190 yards passing.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roger Goofdell is probably kicking and screaming! All his "rules emphasis" and the better defense and running game came out victorious yet again.

Not to take away from RW either. 2 TD passes 0 INTs. Goofdell won't be happy, though, because the winning QB only had 190 yards passing.

191 yards passing, but it's ok I forgive you :nod:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol ... Goofdell ...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When every other fan base tells you that Wilson is not elite, he's probably not elite. Wilson is a very good game manager, probably one of the best ever, in an offense run by a very good oc.

I really love comments like this. Saying "he might be the best game manager ever" is an obvious attempt to concede that he is a very good player while also giving him a back hand. FTR, the EXACT same things were said about Tom Brady and Big Ben in their first few years and they were more accurate statements for both of them at the time.

I don't believe that Wilson should be grouped with the Big 4 right now. But this whole notion that he gets negative points because he plays on a great team is downright ludicrous. Was Joe Montana less good because he played on one of the greatest teams of all time? Or Bradshaw? Or Steve Young? Or Troy Aikman?

Yes the Seahawks are a very good team. And the expectations for the Seahawks are much greater. If the Colts wind up 8-8 this year, will anyone say "Luck isn't as good as we thought"? If the Seahawks win up 10-6 this year I am CERTAIN that people will say "Wilson really struggled this year"

Wilson has a better team around him but the expectations are also much higher.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I don't consider Wilson "elite" is because he hasn't had to be. I think he can be, but until he has to be, it's just my opinion. I thought Lacy and Starks would have big games last night too, so i've been known to be wrong :)

I knew he'd be good coming out of college. He's very talented, very smart and works extremely hard. How could he not be good? But as of yet, he's done what he needs to do, but until I see him put the team on his back and go, I can't give him the "elite" tag

Last night he had some nice passes, but it was all set up from Lynch, lynch, lynch then harvin around the edge. GB defense was so overcomitted on those plays, it was hard not be successful as a qb at that point. Had the defenders that had lynch in the backfield all those times actually brought him down and didn't have to over-commit to every run look, we could have seen more. GB's defensive backs were close on a couple passes the way it was, would more passing have resulted in a pick or two? or just more passing yards? We never had the chance to find out.

Seattle doesn't make mistakes. They had one, GB shot themselves quite a few times and good teams like Seattle just tighten the noose when you do that. YOu can't line up for a 4th down play and leave Sherrod out on the edge hoping for the best on the wrong side of the field. You can't give penalties after sacks for big losses or give first downs when you've stopped them on 3rd.

To Seattle's credit, every time Green Bay shot themselves in the foot, they pounced. A lesser QB will commit mistakes and things will kind of wash out. Seattle didn't. They just kept pounding. Every opportunity Wilson had to do more, he took it. That's the sign of a pretty good QB. But at the same time, he had the benefit a great running look to help the passing and an exceptional defense putting them in good situations especially in the 2nd half.

How does he respond when his running game doesn't work, the defense is committing penalties (basically turnovers) to keep giving the opposing offense opportunities to score, they have a right tackle that can't even stand in the way of a rusher and he has to put them on his back and make it go? I don't think we'll find out this year either.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I obviously posted this in the wrong thread considering there is a thread about wilson being elite. Sorry, it's a rough day for Packer fans. Forgive me :)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mondio,

The one thing I will say is that when the Seahawks went down 7-3 the Seahawks offense scored touchdowns on their next two possessions.

One thing that hasn't really been talked about is how much Wilson's throwaways helped the offense. He was 19-28 yesterday for 191 yards. 68% completions. However Wilson also threw the ball away 5 times. So on non-throwaways he was 82% on completions that weren't intentional throwaways. IMO, that was the biggest improvement I saw in him last night over last year. He quickly diagnosed broken plays, dropped out of the pocket and got rid of the ball. He didn't try to press it and kept the drive alive.

The Seahawks offense has some serious talent. That doesn't really take away from Wilson's play. Manning has some all-pros on his team. So does Brees. Look at the difference in play for Brady when he has Gronk and when he doesn't. No QB can carry an offense all by themselves.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mondio,

The one thing I will say is that when the Seahawks went down 7-3 the Seahawks offense scored touchdowns on their next two possessions.

One thing that hasn't really been talked about is how much Wilson's throwaways helped the offense. He was 19-28 yesterday for 191 yards. 68% completions. However Wilson also threw the ball away 5 times. So on non-throwaways he was 82% on completions that weren't intentional throwaways. IMO, that was the biggest improvement I saw in him last night over last year. He quickly diagnosed broken plays, dropped out of the pocket and got rid of the ball. He didn't try to press it and kept the drive alive.

The Seahawks offense has some serious talent. That doesn't really take away from Wilson's play. Manning has some all-pros on his team. So does Brees. Look at the difference in play for Brady when he has Gronk and when he doesn't. No QB can carry an offense all by themselves.

I'll have to say they looked very strong last nite against a quality opponent.....Albeit in their house and the Pack without Raji and using a rookie safety that can't tackle.....
They didn't look as strong as last yrs playoff run but then it's just the first game and even though they had minimal player turnover in the off season, it's still an adjustment , but they looked pretty dog on good......
It's very clear that similar to our 2000 team, their D is the money part of their wins and Beast mode is all the O they need, that guy is a great one....
Looks like Brees, Kap, Foles and Palmer are the only hopeful threats in the NFC and they have their hands full for sure.....:clap:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I obviously posted this in the wrong thread considering there is a thread about wilson being elite. Sorry, it's a rough day for Packer fans. Forgive me :)

Rough day for Packers fans?? How about a rough week for sports fans in Wisconsin as a whole?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator: