• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Packers crying about Sunday's game?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTH?

Y! SPORTS

The Packers got to the Pittsburgh 1-yard line in the final minute, trailing 38-31. A false start penalty led to a 10-second runoff, but the Packers still had 10 seconds and second down, enough time to run two or maybe three plays.

Then a funny thing happened. The Packers inexplicably waited seven seconds to snap the ball after the whistle was blown to re-start the clock. The snap came with three seconds left, and by the time Matt Flynn's pass hit the ground incomplete, time had run out.

The Packers say the umpire in the middle of the field told Packers center Evan Dietrich-Smith to not snap the ball, even as the clock was running. The umpire on Sunday in Green Bay was Undrey Wash

“It’s tough. It hurts,” offensive tackle Don Barclay told Packers.com. “Especially when you’re sitting there ready to snap the ball and the ref was over our center not letting us. I don’t know what reason. We probably could have had two plays off if we could have snapped the ball when we were over it.”

Um, suck it up sunshine...you guys got a TD that you never should have had to begin with.

The Packers were on the receiving end of a pretty fortunate call earlier in the game, an illegal batting penalty that came when officials ruled the Steelers didn't have possession on a blocked field goal although they clearly did.

We recovered the ball, the zebras already admitted that was a blown call and it gave the Packers another shot at a TD they never should have had.

It all evened out. Bad calls both ways. One screwed us and one screwed them.

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot about the end of that game that bothered me:

1) The Packers not letting Bell score on the first play so they wouldn't have to use a time out, just to let him score on the next.

2) The false start penalty that caused the 10 second runoff.

3) Flynn overlooking a wide open Jordy Nelson on the last play.

The refs had very little to do with the Packers losing that game.

The play that I do have some issues with, though, is the Bell fumble. For years, refs have been told that, when the see the ball on the ground, to let the play develop, and not blow the whistle, as all turnovers are automatically reviewed. If Bell was down, the Steelers would have gotten the ball back on the review.

If the refs did what they were supposed to do, and let the play develop, Tramon Williams would have been given credit for a defensive TD. Now, that being the case, that FG attempt would have never been made. The refs did blow that FG play, but if the refs didn't blow the earlier play, that play would have never happened.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a lot about the end of that game that bothered me:

1) The Packers not letting Bell score on the first play so they wouldn't have to use a time out, just to let him score on the next.

2) The false start penalty that caused the 10 second runoff.

3) Flynn overlooking a wide open Jordy Nelson on the last play.

The refs had very little to do with the Packers losing that game.

The play that I do have some issues with, though, is the Bell fumble. For years, refs have been told that, when the see the ball on the ground, to let the play develop, and not blow the whistle, as all turnovers are automatically reviewed. If Bell was down, the Steelers would have gotten the ball back on the review.

If the refs did what they were supposed to do, and let the play develop, Tramon Williams would have been given credit for a defensive TD. Now, that being the case, that FG attempt would have never been made. The refs did blow that FG play, but if the refs didn't blow the earlier play, that play would have never happened.

As I said, screw ups on both sides. You guys got a TD you otherwise wouldn't have gotten and maybe didn't get a TD you should have had(?).

You lost that game for most than just that call, though.

That being said, you STILL have shot at the post season. Win and you're in.

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers always get the bogus bullchit calls. The Seahawks got robbed in their SB with the Steelers and ever since then, the Steelers need to cheat, lie and steal to try and win. That organization is a joke cause they have a leader that is a rapist.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, screw ups on both sides. You guys got a TD you otherwise wouldn't have gotten and maybe didn't get a TD you should have had(?).

You lost that game for most than just that call, though.

That being said, you STILL have shot at the post season. Win and you're in.

There were bad calls by officials both ways. McCarthy was directly asked about the final play and it taking 10 seconds and he answered. He also made a big point of saying the false start penalty came at the worst possible time. Coaches are becoming more vocal though this year with how bad the officiating has been. McCarthy is also the same coach who stayed quit after the GB-SEA fiasco.

I do agree the loss goes way beyond that call and I'm sure McCarthy would agree.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers always get the bogus bullchit calls. The Seahawks got robbed in their SB with the Steelers and ever since then, the Steelers need to cheat, lie and steal to try and win. That organization is a joke cause they have a leader that is a rapist.

Confused-GIF-1-.gif

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Says the Florida State fan.

Funny

Rather Be Fishin'

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says the Florida State fan.

Funny

Hmmm, a skank that got caught by her boyfriend for running a train on freshman football players

VS.

A three time sexual predator that abused his victims into NON-consensual perverted sex act.

Yup, you're a dummy.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are answering questions about what happened with the clock mgmt at the end of the game. That wasnt hard to figure out.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTH?

Y! SPORTS

The Packers got to the Pittsburgh 1-yard line in the final minute, trailing 38-31. A false start penalty led to a 10-second runoff, but the Packers still had 10 seconds and second down, enough time to run two or maybe three plays.

Then a funny thing happened. The Packers inexplicably waited seven seconds to snap the ball after the whistle was blown to re-start the clock. The snap came with three seconds left, and by the time Matt Flynn's pass hit the ground incomplete, time had run out.

The Packers say the umpire in the middle of the field told Packers center Evan Dietrich-Smith to not snap the ball, even as the clock was running. The umpire on Sunday in Green Bay was Undrey Wash

“It’s tough. It hurts,” offensive tackle Don Barclay told Packers.com. “Especially when you’re sitting there ready to snap the ball and the ref was over our center not letting us. I don’t know what reason. We probably could have had two plays off if we could have snapped the ball when we were over it.”

Um, suck it up sunshine...you guys got a TD that you never should have had to begin with.

The Packers were on the receiving end of a pretty fortunate call earlier in the game, an illegal batting penalty that came when officials ruled the Steelers didn't have possession on a blocked field goal although they clearly did.

We recovered the ball, the zebras already admitted that was a blown call and it gave the Packers another shot at a TD they never should have had.

It all evened out. Bad calls both ways. One screwed us and one screwed them.

You're the only one I see cryin' and the Stoolers won, so who's the biggest buffoon here ????
A 3rd string qb took your boys to the brink of defeat, and you're on here pointing the finger ????
Your boys are fortunate AR wasn't in there because it wouldn't have been close enough to talk about...
Be glad your team won and drink a glass of dignity, maybe you could find a friend if you do....
Merry Christmas anyway ....

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, a skank that got caught by her boyfriend for running a train on freshman football players

VS.

A three time sexual predator that abused his victims into NON-consensual perverted sex act.

Yup, you're a dummy.

Dumbass kids always have something to say.

"Ruh-ruh-ruh-raaaapissssst!"

Shit's weak

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the only one I see cryin' and the Stoolers won, so who's the biggest buffoon here ????
A 3rd string qb took your boys to the brink of defeat, and you're on here pointing the finger ????
Your boys are fortunate AR wasn't in there because it wouldn't have been close enough to talk about...
Be glad your team won and drink a glass of dignity, maybe you could find a friend if you do....
Merry Christmas anyway ....

Nobody asked you, shitbird.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VS.

Yup, you're a dummy.

wow, what a completely unbiased assessment we have here.

talk about being a dummy, :L

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question. I thought after a 10 second run off for a penalty. The clock is stopped after the penalty. Thought that was one of the reasons for the run off. I am obviously wrong since it hadn't been brought up. Cowboys lost a game late. Because they had a penalty & because of the penalty it stopped the clock where the Cowboys couldn't run time off the clock, before punting the ball to the other team who had no time outs.

but out of curiosity what reason did the ref give for telling them to not snap the ball?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question. I thought after a 10 second run off for a penalty. The clock is stopped after the penalty. Thought that was one of the reasons for the run off. I am obviously wrong since it hadn't been brought up. Cowboys lost a game late. Because they had a penalty & because of the penalty it stopped the clock where the Cowboys couldn't run time off the clock, before punting the ball to the other team who had no time outs.

but out of curiosity what reason did the ref give for telling them to not snap the ball?

It was a screw up on the part of the refs. The clock should have had a ten second run off - and it did - the ball respotted but the clock shouldn't have been restarted until the offense was set and ref was in position. It cost the Packers about 6 seconds, which is time enough for them to have run another play.

The Packers have a case - the refs made a mistake. My counter point is that since they had a mistake earlier that all but gave them a TD anyway, it all evened out.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody asked you, shitbird.

And that proves my point , Cooter.....Now go brush that 1 tooth that your whole family treasures....:laugh3:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who let the 8 yr old in??

Go outside and play little guy...don't forget to bundle up