• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pace Nagy Trubisky who is the worst of the three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the three, which one should have went first and in what order should they have been fired. Me.... Nagy, Pace, Trubisky in that order. I'm ok with getting rid of all three but we got rid of the poor bastard ruined by the other two. Bears football in a nutshell.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same.

Trubisky is by far the best of the three.

I would've ranked Pace the best of the turdpile, a week ago. Fuck that autistic fuck now. Blood-sacrifice. Stuff his holes with Giardiniera and dunk him in boiling jus.

But fer real. Fuck them all so hard.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noon is dealing with his Trubisky stages of grief with this question...Bargaining etc

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy, Trubisky, Pace for me.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the thing about Pace and his QB search. Outside of the Trubisky pick, which was horrible in retrospect, it's just not that easy to find a QB in free agency or trade. Watson and Wilson's asking price were absolutely outrageous, i'm glad those trades didn't go through. This franchise hasn't had a QB in more than 30 years and this guy wants to make that the main reason for firing Pace. It's just not that easy to find a legit QB in this league.

But I agree, Pace should be fired. Outside of Trubisky move, he should have drafted a young QB last year (I hated the TE pick). And he should have ordered a tank job so we'd be sitting with a top 10 pick right now. And don't get me started with losing Fuller.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you'd have to say Pace because he was in charge of bringing in Nagy and Trubisky. I personally don't get the level of hate for him as he's filled the team with a lot of talent from the draft which is what is critical for building a team that can sustainably compete. Bears fans have notoriously short memories to where they forget just how bad Angelo and Emery were for a combined near 15 years blowing draft after draft.

If you look at what has happened/what is happening, it's the team's window closing. 2018-2020 was the window where Trubisky (his intended franchise QB) was still on his rookie deal. That's why Pace went and got Khalil Mack, signed Robinson and so on. He was spending the cash then to surround Trubisky with talent on both sides of the ball (pushing the cap hits off to right now), basically trying to replicate what the Seahawks did with a rookie Wilson. It obviously didn't work out as intended because Trubisky busted (and Parkey too).

Getting rid of Pace would be fine but does anyone here really have any confidence in the Bears' ownership to replace him with someone better? I sure don't. Winning starts at the very top. The Bears have some of the worst ownership in all of sports which explains the general clusterfuckery and failure we've seen from the team since George Halas died. That's not by accident. You can lay blame at the feet of Pace/Nagy/Trubisky just like we did before with Emery/Trestman/Cutler, an Angelo/Smith/Cutler before and so on. It's a wheel of disappointment ultimately thanks to the ones who employ all of the above.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noon is dealing with his Trubisky stages of grief with this question...Bargaining etc
Kinda, but i do hold Pace accountable for both of the other two. And I feel Nagy is just a plane bad oc and/or not ready for a HC job. I don't think Trubisky lived up to his draft status but i also don't think we got the best out of him. I still think he can be a usable starter/ top backup in a better system. Either way it's gonna be years before we have a winning record again.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you'd have to say Pace because he was in charge of bringing in Nagy and Trubisky. I personally don't get the level of hate for him as he's filled the team with a lot of talent from the draft which is what is critical for building a team that can sustainably compete. Bears fans have notoriously short memories to where they forget just how bad Angelo and Emery were for a combined near 15 years blowing draft after draft.

If you look at what has happened/what is happening, it's the team's window closing. 2018-2020 was the window where Trubisky (his intended franchise QB) was still on his rookie deal. That's why Pace went and got Khalil Mack, signed Robinson and so on. He was spending the cash then to surround Trubisky with talent on both sides of the ball (pushing the cap hits off to right now), basically trying to replicate what the Seahawks did with a rookie Wilson. It obviously didn't work out as intended because Trubisky busted (and Parkey too).

Getting rid of Pace would be fine but does anyone here really have any confidence in the Bears' ownership to replace him with someone better? I sure don't. Winning starts at the very top. The Bears have some of the worst ownership in all of sports which explains the general clusterfuckery and failure we've seen from the team since George Halas died. That's not by accident. You can lay blame at the feet of Pace/Nagy/Trubisky just like we did before with Emery/Trestman/Cutler, an Angelo/Smith/Cutler before and so on. It's a wheel of disappointment ultimately thanks to the ones who employ all of the above.
Your not wrong but 1 good QB and we would all feel different about the McCasky's. 1 good QB and everything would look way different. Pace swung and missed but at least he swung at a pitch. We need to keep swinging. The odds are in our favor at this point. Can't always miss.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Phillips has picked the last 3 GM's.... You want to get to the root of the problem. Start there. Whatever metric he uses to pick GM's is flawed. Sadly, Pace is the best of the 3 which is like Bear QB's... Not saying much.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your not wrong but 1 good QB and we would all feel different about the McCasky's. 1 good QB and everything would look way different. Pace swung and missed but at least he swung at a pitch. We need to keep swinging. The odds are in our favor at this point. Can't always miss.
I made a post on another board about smart swings on the QB position, and trading a whole lot to move up in the 1st to get a specific QB is not a smart swing. We should be spending late 1sts, 2nds or 3rds every other year on a QB no matter who we've got on the roster already. When you look at the number of bust (or just "decent") QBs taken in the 1st round the last 10 years, it makes no sense to be drafting a guy and then committing to him for the next 4 years. We should be taking Trask this year in the second round then maybe another QB in the 2nd next year. In trying to get that fly, i'd rather have two swings of a claw hammer than one with a sledge.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a post on another board about smart swings on the QB position, and trading a whole lot to move up in the 1st to get a specific QB is not a smart swing. We should be spending late 1sts, 2nds or 3rds every other year on a QB no matter who we've got on the roster already. When you look at the number of bust (or just "decent") QBs taken in the 1st round the last 10 years, it makes no sense to be drafting a guy and then committing to him for the next 4 years. We should be taking Trask this year in the second round then maybe another QB in the 2nd next year. In trying to get that fly, i'd rather have two swings of a claw hammer than one with a sledge.
Yea, but what Green Bay did last year is still a head scratcher.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitch and it probably isn't close. Pace's main downfall is that he botches one aspect of his job. Mitch Trubisky is that very botch. The "botch" that created all of this and prevented an otherwise very talented football team from being able to contend for a SB.

Everything about Mitch just doesn't measure up (outside of his legs, that's it). Pace, at least, does a lot of things well. Took a dumpster fire over in 2015 and had it competitive by 2018. Nagy does some things good, some things bad. However, he's also hard to judge since he's had... guess who? Mitch Trubisky as his QB for (basically) the duration of his HC'ing career.

The common denominator in all of this? Clearly, is Mitch Trubisky. That doesn't mean Pace or Nagy are "good". However, no matter how you look at this team's shortcomings? It ALWAYS comes back to Mitch. You cannot escape it. Even when you talk about Pace's failures? It starts and ends with how bad Mitch f'n stunk.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Phillips has picked the last 3 GM's.... You want to get to the root of the problem. Start there. Whatever metric he uses to pick GM's is flawed. Sadly, Pace is the best of the 3 which is like Bear QB's... Not saying much.
Ted Phillips has not picked the last 3 GM's. That is incorrect. Ernie Accorsi came on as a consultant and selected Pace. I would have to look back deep into the hiring of Emery to recall the process. That's a decade back now. I am nearly positive that he only has ever hired Jerry Angelo (who had the most success, FWIW).

Ted Phillips is a freakin account, number cruncher, business man, and marketing guru. He started with the Bears as their controller and then "Director of Finance". He's the only man within the hierarchy of this organization who is 100% competent and killing it at his job. This team is consistently mediocre and will NEVER stop being a money making machine.

People are really misguided in thinking that Ted Phillips has anything to do with the Bears as a football team (especially in 2021). He's the runs the business and brand that is the Chicago Bears.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ted Phillips has not picked the last 3 GM's. That is incorrect. Ernie Accorsi came on as a consultant and selected Pace. I would have to look back deep into the hiring of Emery to recall the process. That's a decade back now. I am nearly positive that he only has ever hired Jerry Angelo (who had the most success, FWIW).

Ted Phillips is a freakin account, number cruncher, business man, and marketing guru. He started with the Bears as their controller and then "Director of Finance". He's the only man within the hierarchy of this organization who is 100% competent and killing it at his job. This team is consistently mediocre and will NEVER stop being a money making machine.

People are really misguided in thinking that Ted Phillips has anything to do with the Bears as a football team (especially in 2021). He's the runs the business and brand that is the Chicago Bears.
Consultant or not, he signed off on it. I'm certain he set parameters for the hire. Rare a business gives a consultant free reign. Buck stops with him though. He is keeping Pace in place.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace has messed up at more than just QB. Offensive line....Kevin White....Quinn...bad contracts....Fuller being cut....TE has been a mess until recently. Yeah he’s had some hits but he’s had more misses and it goes all across the roster. Not just one position.

Ted Phillips is the man on top the pyramid, excluding ownership. So yes...he’s responsible. George McCaskey was pressed by reporters during the year end presser on this when they asked about hiring a football guy to run the team above Pace. And he said Pace is the football guy so that’s all they need. When asked who evaluates Pace he said...Ted. So yeah Ted plays a role in football operations.

And Ted hired Pace. Accorsi recommended Pace. They used a consultant on the Emery hire as well. But Ted ultimately put his stamp on the hire due to his job title.

Yeah he’s a finance guy that is loved by the family because of how much tax money he has saved them. But he’s in a position of authority that ultimately plays a role and makes an impact on the roster and field.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nagy, Trubisky, Pace. I honestly would not mind moving forward with Pace as GM. Other than a few misses, he has built a good team. He just hasn’t gotten a QB that can lead us yet. I would like to see us trade up for Wilson and sit him on the bench for a year to learn the system. The problem with that is Nagy will be gone and we will probably have a new system in place the following year.