• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Im hearing rumblings that USC is running out of scholarships and two things are going down.

They've decided to take advantage of the early signing period to not let certain commits sign last week or the soft verbals they had handshake agreements on and told them to commit elsewhere.

There is also word that anywhere from 4-6 current USC roster players will be under orders to "quitely" transfer out after the bowl so they can free up enough scholarships to get the higher rated class they want. Watch for redshirt freshman and sophmores to be the bulk who are told to leave. Very Saban like with their oversigning tactics, although they usually wait till spring to order what they consider dead weight to take fake medical hardships or transfer out. U$C is going to be more agressive about it than usual.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Im hearing rumblings that USC is running out of scholarships and two things are going down.

They've decided to take advantage of the early signing period to not let certain commits sign last week or the soft verbals they had handshake agreements on and told them to commit elsewhere.

There is also word that anywhere from 4-6 current USC roster players will be under orders to "quitely" transfer out after the bowl so they can free up enough scholarships to get the higher rated class they want. Watch for redshirt freshman and sophmores to be the bulk who are told to leave. Very Saban like with their oversigning tactics, although they usually wait till spring to order what they consider dead weight to take fake medical hardships or transfer out. U$C is going to be more agressive about it than usual.

USC doesn't know how many scholarships they will have since they have a big group of juniors who can jump to the NFL. Under orders to transfer? Who would do that on purpose? You lose a year transferring. Why would anyone help a school throw them to the curb? USC rarely has medical hardships. I can remember two in the past ten years and they were both really good players who went on to star at their next school. USC wished they could keep them but the medical staff didn't want the liability if they got seriously injured. Alabama medical hardships players you've never heard about. Big difference. lol.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But let’s not be distracted by the routine nature of the process: The Huskies secured a class that should deeply concern the rest of the Pac-12, and here’s why:

Petersen has gone 15-3 in conference play the past two seasons with a roster full of recruiting classes that were, more often than not, ranked (by Rivals) in the bottom half of the conference.
That certainly is something that should be a mild wake up call. Petersen has moved his team to the top of the conference with middle of the road classes and is still climbing each year in class talent. Couple of more years like this and UW is a seriously tough out for anyone.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That certainly is something that should be a mild wake up call. Petersen has moved his team to the top of the conference with middle of the road classes and is still climbing each year in class talent. Couple of more years like this and UW is a seriously tough out for anyone.
ta2PtBq.jpg

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wake up call ? lol. Reality check. UCLA has a higher rated class than Washington when you go by rankings of players. This isn't the PAC of 3 years ago. Teams like USC and Stanford and now UCLA have good coaches too and are going to make it very competitive. Petersons a good coach for sure but we can stop with the whole look what he did with lesser players at Boise. He is getting better players than before so that puts him in the mix but wake up call? naw

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wake up call ? lol. Reality check. UCLA has a higher rated class than Washington when you go by rankings of players. This isn't the PAC of 3 years ago. Teams like USC and Stanford and now UCLA have good coaches too and are going to make it very competitive. Petersons a good coach for sure but we can stop with the whole look what he did with lesser players at Boise. He is getting better players than before so that puts him in the mix but wake up call? naw
Can you read man?
I said look at what he has done so far at UW (never said or implied anything about Boise) with lower classes. You know, what the link referenced was actually talking about. :L As in, he has taken them to the playoffs and then a 10-2 regular season with the middle of the pac classes he was working with and now is building classes much closer to the top of the conference. Those are facts.

And boy did I make a stretch that threw your gasket out of whack. I dared to say a couple more years on the same trend and they will become a tough out for anyone. In other words, they have been a tough out for most of the pac, but not really the top teams in the country. I mean wow did I promise titles and shit or what?

Chill out. It's Christmas ffs. Save your bullshit for just one damned day for once.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW's rankings don't count though, and Petersen will let you know with his constant crying about recruiting and rankings. OOC schedules don't matter either because he said so.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW's rankings don't count though, and Petersen will let you know with his constant crying about recruiting and rankings. OOC schedules don't matter either because he said so.

Lol...when it comes to Petersen, Huskies are starting to sound like Bammers about Saban. :D

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how did Leach's interview at Tennessee go? lulz

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well gee, if he ends up bringing the success of Saban you can bet your ass we would start sounding like Bama fans. I mean duh? :noidea:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you read man?
I said look at what he has done so far at UW (never said or implied anything about Boise) with lower classes. You know, what the link referenced was actually talking about. :L As in, he has taken them to the playoffs and then a 10-2 regular season with the middle of the pac classes he was working with and now is building classes much closer to the top of the conference. Those are facts.

And boy did I make a stretch that threw your gasket out of whack. I dared to say a couple more years on the same trend and they will become a tough out for anyone. In other words, they have been a tough out for most of the pac, but not really the top teams in the country. I mean wow did I promise titles and shit or what?

Chill out. It's Christmas ffs. Save your bullshit for just one damned day for once.

LOL. Chip Kelly took low ranked classes and did great and Shaw does it every year so quit acting like Petersens some sort of genius and stop being so sensitive when it's your coach or team .I don't see you have any breaks when it comes to the Ducks but lord for bid someone say something about Petersen. And it was that you're starting to sound like Bama fans but without his success to have a reason for it lol

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Chip Kelly took low ranked classes and did great and Shaw does it every year so quit acting like Petersens some sort of genius and stop being so sensitive when it's your coach or team .I don't see you have any breaks when it comes to the Ducks but lord for bid someone say something about Petersen. And it was that you're starting to sound like Bama fans but without his success to have a reason for it lol
jwmrb_s-200x150.gif

Holy shit that's funny coming from you. I mean you are the only person guaranteed more than AG to trigger on any mention of your team.
:rofl:

Throw more stones from a glass house.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is sounding like bama fans to someone up here with a huge case of the ass over pretty much anything, and mind you when their fans go on about their team/recruits/etc I haven't ever said a single word about it. I mostly just skip by it as it doesn't interest me.

Wilner says this:
But let’s not be distracted by the routine nature of the process: The Huskies secured a class that should deeply concern the rest of the Pac-12, and here’s why:

Petersen has gone 15-3 in conference play the past two seasons with a roster full of recruiting classes that were, more often than not, ranked (by Rivals) in the bottom half of the conference.
And Wilner is a Cali guy, not a local hack reporter. In fact, he's arguably the most credible Pac reporter there is right now and the least bias in his coverage.

I said that should be a "mild wake up call". Does that sound bama fan like? :lol:
And I said if he keeps building tougher classes over the next couple of year they are going to be seriously a tough out for anyone.

No natty on a platter. No discussions of titles or talk that they can't be beat. Just if they keep going at this pace they will end up being a tough out. That's it.

Face it, you once again blew up something that was literally nothing into something it was not and now just want to keep doubling down on it because it's not possible to simply say yeah, maybe you overreacted a bit and just move on.

As long as USC keeps going on their trend there won't be any scenario where the Pac becomes UW and 11 ugly step sisters. And in any given year you can expect at least a couple of other teams to make life miserable for both. There has never been a period in all of the Pac's history where any team came close to dominating the way Bama has the SEC. Undefeated seasons are very rare and I have ALWAYS 100% of the time said that. I didn't pick UW to go undefeated this year, and probably won't next year.

So yeah, I sound exactly like a bama fan. :L
:pound:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is sounding like bama fans to someone up here with a huge case of the ass over pretty much anything, and mind you when their fans go on about their team/recruits/etc I haven't ever said a single word about it. I mostly just skip by it as it doesn't interest me.

Wilner says this:

And Wilner is a Cali guy, not a local hack reporter. In fact, he's arguably the most credible Pac reporter there is right now and the least bias in his coverage.

I said that should be a "mild wake up call". Does that sound bama fan like? :lol:
And I said if he keeps building tougher classes over the next couple of year they are going to be seriously a tough out for anyone.

No natty on a platter. No discussions of titles or talk that they can't be beat. Just if they keep going at this pace they will end up being a tough out. That's it.

Face it, you once again blew up something that was literally nothing into something it was not and now just want to keep doubling down on it because it's not possible to simply say yeah, maybe you overreacted a bit and just move on.

As long as USC keeps going on their trend there won't be any scenario where the Pac becomes UW and 11 ugly step sisters. And in any given year you can expect at least a couple of other teams to make life miserable for both. There has never been a period in all of the Pac's history where any team came close to dominating the way Bama has the SEC. Undefeated seasons are very rare and I have ALWAYS 100% of the time said that. I didn't pick UW to go undefeated this year, and probably won't next year.

So yeah, I sound exactly like a bama fan. :L
:pound:

What the fuck is a mild wake up call? Its either a wake up call or it's not. lol. I didn't blow up I had a contrary opinion. You seem to take that personal and get all butt hurt. It's plain as day. You could have replied with why you thought I was wrong but instead you again whine and tell me I hurt your feelings.lol. It's just football talk and so relax.
There's a reason Petersen is going after higher rated players. Because there are only so many John Ross out there. Under the radar guys who are better than their ranking. Thats why i laugh at the whole notion that Petersen is somehow more dangerous because he's getting better players because of what he did with lesser ranked players in the past as if a 4* guy now will suddenly be a 5* performer just because he's with Petersen. He's a good/great coach but he needs these better players to stay competitive in the PAC and on the national stage. He's not doing that with 3 stars.The fact is the 4-5 star players have been checked out and scrutinized a whole lot more than those 3 star players he was getting at Boise so the star rankings usually fit or at least more reliable than the thousands of 3 star players who aren't as scrutinized and he was able to find some hidden talent. I think he will keep the Huskys battling with Stanford for sure but wake up call? No I don't think so I think everyone knows he's a good coach.
So now you can agree or disagree,you might even think I make no sense that's fine. But nothing there was personal or mocking your team or coach and nothing that should get you all upset it's just my opinion. .

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I commented entirely on being compared to Bama fans and got that ^^^. :L I mean nothing in that responded to that point.

Wilner pointed out what he was able to do with lesser rated players and suggested that this class was an example of moving up in rated players. That's all I was commenting on. And I've already said I expect USC to end up with the top Pac class. They only aren't ranked higher now because they haven't signed as many and anyone that understands recruiting knows how that works. They have for sure added some better talent than UW has even in this higher rated class.

Back to back 10+ win seasons is pretty solid. The only reason I stop short of some of the extra homerism a couple of our fans have is it was 10+ on not that high of a SoS. Still, huge gains over where this program has been over the last 15 years. Neuheisel was the last coach to take them to anything significant. So why wouldn't our fans be high on Petersen? I was excited, but cautious when he came here and wanted to see him prove it. He's at least met, if not exceeded early expectations so yeah, we are high on him.

And no, I don't think nationally Petersen yet has anyone's full attention. They are already a tough out for Pac12 teams. They aren't yet a tough out for top tier teams. If Petersen keeps building up the depth and starts landing more of those bigger recruits that big time programs are also after good things will come. At the very least they will reach the national radar and be a legit player on that stage. That's all anyone can ask for really.