• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GET EM BEAVZ!

throw morality and the institutional values shit out the fucking window…"Trump-A-Size" the cash cow that our fine football team can become i say…time is of the essence here, all work days are required to fix the dam breach here!

NO PRISONERS OR CONVICTS, except if they still have college football eligibility left…that we can work around.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington will be going hard after Harrison and Lenzy.

Not sure about Harrison. I believe his commitment to the Ducks had a lot to do with the fact he wanted to be a WR and the Ducks agreed to recruit him as such. If I remember correctly, Huskies wanted him as a DB with our offer. He may follow Taggart to FSU, recommit to the Ducks, or chose another program that will groom him as a WR. The Huskies are already loaded at that position between the 2017 and 18 classes.

He’s a extremely talented ATH and many big name schools are going to still pursue him, but where he ends up will still depend on if they’re willing to develop him as a WR.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
throw morality and the institutional values shit out the fucking window…"Trump-A-Size" the cash cow that our fine football team can become i say…time is of the essence here, all work days are required to fix the dam breach here!

NO PRISONERS OR CONVICTS, except if they still have college football eligibility left…that we can work around.
large_269041a1-0495-4f31-8a51-cc828f218dbf.JPG

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen, Leach, Smith, Cristobal, Shaw, and Wilcox in the north.
Helton, Kelly, Edwards, Rodriguez, Wittingham, and MacIntyre in the south.

Did the conf overall improve, decline, or stay around the same in coaching going into '18 vs '17?

Mush

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,309.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North added JS as a head coach, definite decline there. Mario? lol... South will be winning the pac for awhile unless UW comes to the rescue.

UCLA added Chip. Big improvement, but then ASU is doing whatever in the fuck they are doing, but I think the Chip hire will pay off big for UCLA at some point. South got better.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Smith is a decline over GA given how bad he left that team. He had more cred coming in, but lost all of it when he walked out on his team and just quit.

Certainly Taggart was bigger than Cristobal and that feels very much like a step backward.

Herm? :L That feels like a step back, but is it? :noidea:

No doubt UCLA on paper came out ahead.

South probably improved a little and the north probably stepped back a little. Overall wash for the conference as a whole?

Mush

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,309.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just not sure what ASU is doing. I like Herm, but last I heard was he wasnt going to be choosing his staff and such. So, big wtf there for me.

Smith is just horrible. Never liked anything about him, he got promoted to OC on the change over for no good reason. His best product as qb coach at BSU was that dude with the **** stash. So glad he is gone. If UW had to pick between GA and JS, I'd sell out for GA.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just not sure what ASU is doing. I like Herm, but last I heard was he wasnt going to be choosing his staff and such. So, big wtf there for me.

Smith is just horrible. Never liked anything about him, he got promoted to OC on the change over for no good reason. His best product as qb coach at BSU was that dude with the **** stash. So glad he is gone. If UW had to pick between GA and JS, I'd sell out for GA.
Riley going back to help groom Smith doesn't move that needle at all either I take it?

I guess if the question is national perception whoever is leading Oregon State right now isn't moving that needle either way.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole concussion thing happened. People were exposed to the fact that football players are fucked up when they age, rather than contribute financially to aging players with neurological issues, football leagues decided they'd crack down on big hits, because that way they get to pretend they're doing something, and they get to make it harder on defenses and create more offense, which the lowest common denominator they want to appeal to loves. I say dudes should start going low. Once there's an outcry over everyone's careers ending early because of blown out knees, we can finally just attach flags to everyone's waist and do it that way.

I know concussions happened, but they overcompensated for it pretending the NFL cares and the NFLPA gives two cents about the guys who's minds are gone. It's a violent sport, shit is going to happen which is why such a simple sport has become the most popular American sport.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley going back to help groom Smith doesn't move that needle at all either I take it?

I guess if the question is national perception whoever is leading Oregon State right now isn't moving that needle either way.

With Oregon State it's about the ability to get players which the previous coach couldn't do.. There's enough players in California that the Oregon States the Arizonas should be able to field decent teams and occasionally get players like Kahili Tate who can bump you up another level.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused, how does a team without an AD or HC who is in the building more than 30 seconds a day dismiss someone?

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford wins their 115 team NC (pulling ahead of UCLA [114])with men's futbol today. I guess they are a futbol school.

This makes them only the second men's team to three-peat and the first school to win a championship in both men's and women's soccer in the same season.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big get for Chipster and his new DB coach. 4-star ATH Bryan Addison has committed to UCLA this evening. Will most likely end up playing safety for the Bruins. Most Pac12 schools had offered, plus other conf bigboys like Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Nebraska.

UCLA has also announced that Paul Rhoads will be joining the staff as the DB coach. Rhoads experience includes DC jobs at Arkansas, Pitt, and Auburn.

The hiring of Rhoads means that Kelly has filled six of the 10 assistant positions that will be allotted for the 2018 season. He brought in Jerry Azzinaro as defensive coordinator and Don Pellum as linebackers coach while retaining DeShaun Foster as running backs coach, Jimmie Dougherty as wide receivers coach and Hank Fraley as offensive line coach.

Kelly is also believed to be considering keeping defensive line coach Angus McClure, though it was not known in what capacity. McClure is a strong recruiter and versatile assistant who has also mastered the nuances of UCLA’s academic system.

Rhoads replaces Demetrice Martin, who oversaw a secondary that had been a relative strength of the Bruins’ defense in recent seasons. UCLA ranked No. 40 nationally in passing yards allowed last season, giving up 206.1 yards per game.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big get for Chipster and his new DB coach. 4-star ATH Bryan Addison has committed to UCLA this evening. Will most likely end up playing safety for the Bruins. Most Pac12 schools had offered, plus other conf bigboys like Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Nebraska.

UCLA has also announced that Paul Rhoads will be joining the staff as the DB coach. Rhoads experience includes DC jobs at Arkansas, Pitt, and Auburn.

The hiring of Rhoads means that Kelly has filled six of the 10 assistant positions that will be allotted for the 2018 season. He brought in Jerry Azzinaro as defensive coordinator and Don Pellum as linebackers coach while retaining DeShaun Foster as running backs coach, Jimmie Dougherty as wide receivers coach and Hank Fraley as offensive line coach.

Kelly is also believed to be considering keeping defensive line coach Angus McClure, though it was not known in what capacity. McClure is a strong recruiter and versatile assistant who has also mastered the nuances of UCLA’s academic system.

Rhoads replaces Demetrice Martin, who oversaw a secondary that had been a relative strength of the Bruins’ defense in recent seasons. UCLA ranked No. 40 nationally in passing yards allowed last season, giving up 206.1 yards per game.
That kid could have played under Jimmy Lake which would have most likely meant NFL bound with his talent.