• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit to not reading all of whatever exchanges they had. I do ignore posts so there's that.

I don't hate all nebraska fans because of brasky, nor all wisconsin fans because of GD, etc. I sure hope others feel the same about AG and the rest of us. I think too many take AG too literally or otherwise too seriously as it is. He likes to stir the pot no doubt, but he can and will keep it real and even give credit to teams he doesn't like. That's more than I can say about quite a few other somewhat toxic posters on this site. If people would stop letting him get under their skin there wouldn't be half the issues with him that keep coming up over and over. He is what he is and he isn't going anywhere so...

good post…

i enjoy the banter w/ AG, both here in the PAC thread and elsewhere. He is just a young buck scratching at tree 24/7.

there is no "I" in TEAM and i suppose i'm the one that needs to point it out.

personally, i didn't want your OC JS as my HC. I will warm up to the decision only because his salary @ OSU is incentive loaded and the base salary is somewhere around 60th in FBS and just ahead of Justin Wilcox @ Cal. I am open to let the 2nd best QB @ Oregon State have his run and look forward to seeing what he can do.

My #1 target was the Memphis HC.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit to not reading all of whatever exchanges they had. I do ignore posts so there's that.

I don't hate all nebraska fans because of brasky, nor all wisconsin fans because of GD, etc. I sure hope others feel the same about AG and the rest of us. I think too many take AG too literally or otherwise too seriously as it is. He likes to stir the pot no doubt, but he can and will keep it real and even give credit to teams he doesn't like. That's more than I can say about quite a few other somewhat toxic posters on this site. If people would stop letting him get under their skin there wouldn't be half the issues with him that keep coming up over and over. He is what he is and he isn't going anywhere so...
Here's AG's take on it. The Stanford poster has tried to bust AG's balls a few times on here and AG has always ignored it ... until last night.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with Wiz re: bowl selection. Sure, the point of the bowl is to reward teams for their season and based on being North Division champs and winning the head to head, Stanford probably should rate a better bowl game than the Huskies, despite having 2 more losses. Stanford has a better SOS and their best win is better than Washington's best win.

However, we also know that these bowls are about making money. That comes from asses in seats and eyeballs on tv sets. While Washington being "known for their bowl travel" is news to me, it seems that Stanford often has trouble getting folks to travel to their own stadium, let alone to a bowl game in another state. Selection committees will weigh that...fairly heavily.

Asses in seats and eyeballs on tv sets is largely why USC ended up in the Rose Bowl last year over Colorado despite not winning the South, let alone the PAC. Winning the head to head just provided the selection committee with a decent excuse other than money.

After the CCG and the pathetic showing of Colorado, USC was the higher ranked team and was on a nine game winning streak and beat Colorado in the head to head. The fact that USC travels sure didn't hurt either. Washington and Stanford are pretty close right now. Last season USC was on another level than Colorado by the time it came to pick bowls. I was just curious why it was a given Washington would get a better bowl bid.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played USC TWICE and Notre Dame . LOL. Thats three harder games than any Washington played.
That would fly at 9-3/10-2 comparison. It's a valid discussion to have. Not sure it's still a slam dunk, but a valid discussion. 9-4/10-2? Not a chance. Bowls want to sell tickets and get eyes on TV screens for ad money. A huge amount of those eyes just look at records in match ups and would find a 9-4 team in one of the NY6 to be far less interesting. That's just a fact.

UW in their last game destroyed a ranked (albeit overrated) team. Undressed them.

In Stanford's last game they lost.

UW ended up higher ranked which also carries a lot of weight. That little number next to the teams names on the TV graphics have impact.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would fly at 9-3/10-2 comparison. It's a valid discussion to have. Not sure it's still a slam dunk, but a valid discussion. 9-4/10-2? Not a chance. Bowls want to sell tickets and get eyes on TV screens for ad money. A huge amount of those eyes just look at records in match ups and would find a 9-4 team in one of the NY6 to be far less interesting. That's just a fact.

UW in their last game destroyed a ranked (albeit overrated) team. Undressed them.

In Stanford's last game they lost.

UW ended up higher ranked which also carries a lot of weight. That little number next to the teams names on the TV graphics have impact.

Have the rankings come out? I just got back from lunch. I see its USC vrs Ohio St. in the cotton bowl. Did the others come out?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, we aren't asking who deserves something more than someone else. There are two kinds of bowl selections: Tie ins based on final win/loss record compared to the rest of your conference and at large where committees pick to sell tickets. UW finished ranked higher and probably on that basis deserves a higher tie in bowl and also surely travels better than Stanford and off a 10-2 season should still have enough interest to get fans to that stadium.

I think they win right now either way, but not that it's a win by a big margin.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the rankings come out? I just got back from lunch. I see its USC vrs Ohio St. in the cotton bowl. Did the others come out?
ESPN right now. They are going over them slowly one by one

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And UW ended up 11th to Stanfords 13th in the final CFP rankings.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with Wiz re: bowl selection. Sure, the point of the bowl is to reward teams for their season and based on being North Division champs and winning the head to head, Stanford probably should rate a better bowl game than the Huskies, despite having 2 more losses. Stanford has a better SOS and their best win is better than Washington's best win.

However, we also know that these bowls are about making money. That comes from asses in seats and eyeballs on tv sets. While Washington being "known for their bowl travel" is news to me, it seems that Stanford often has trouble getting folks to travel to their own stadium, let alone to a bowl game in another state. Selection committees will weigh that...fairly heavily.

Asses in seats and eyeballs on tv sets is largely why USC ended up in the Rose Bowl last year over Colorado despite not winning the South, let alone the PAC. Winning the head to head just provided the selection committee with a decent excuse other than money.

The only times Furd gets a really respectable turnout is if they’re playing in the Rose bowl. Then they all come out off the woodwork. But yes, they don’t travel very well for other bowls. Even when pulling off the successful records they have lately under Harbaugh and Shaw.
It’s the same situation with Cal. It’s got a lot to do with the demographic of students that get into these schools, and the culture of the places. The football programs end up being just a diversion thing for them to attend a few times while attending, but many of them were never fans of the sport growing up. And continue to not be once they graduate.
The stadium was downsized during the recent remodel to 50k so their would be less empty seats during games.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final CFP standings:
1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Georgia
4. Alabama
5. Ohio State
6. Wisconsin
7. Auburn
8. USC
9. Penn State
10. Miami
11. Washington
12. Central Florida
13. Stanford
14. Notre Dame
15. TCU
16. Michigan State
17. LSU
18. Washington State
19. Oklahoma State
20. Memphis
21. Northwestern
22. Virginia Tech
23. Mississippi State
24. NC State
25. Boise State

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, what???

Huskies in the Fiesta bowl with Penn St. Did I just see that news flash correct.

Mush

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,309.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. How bout that Utahfan?

lol...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DQJbb4KVwAA-_xb.jpg:large

In b4 AG.... :dhd:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of wish we got the Cotton Bowl for personal reasons. Close friend of mine is a professor at TCU now and it would've been fun to go down to Dallas.

Either way I'm happy we've got a good bowl game. Might consider going down to Arizona for it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. Huskies make it in. Now pray that Coleman and Pettis will be ready to go because we’re going to need it against the Nittany Lions. Dama.... it’s on.
Last we heard they were both 'soft tissue' issues that were expected to not keep them sidelined long. I think Coleman's was the least bad looking at the time even. Another full month? I'd bet they will be fine.

Can't afford to have any of those weird injuries that can come up in practice, particularly on defense. They will have their hands full for sure.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final CFP standings:
1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Georgia
4. Alabama
5. Ohio State
6. Wisconsin
7. Auburn
8. USC
9. Penn State
10. Miami
11. Washington
12. Central Florida
13. Stanford
14. Notre Dame
15. TCU
16. Michigan State
17. LSU
18. Washington State
19. Oklahoma State
20. Memphis
21. Northwestern
22. Virginia Tech
23. Mississippi State
24. NC State
25. Boise State
Clearly winning your CCG carries a nice benefit, and losing it hurts you. You are probably almost always better off being the next team left out and not playing at all, than to be in it and lose. We saw it last year and the same story this year.

Still, no team would ever intentionally not want to play for that title.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got two really good ground games going at it.