• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shough is only slightly behind Slovis in the Heisman odds.

Where? The books have Slovis as the only player from the PAC anywhere near the top guys. You need to find a book that goes past 30 or more players to find Sewell as the lone Oregon guy. Where do you see Shough slightly behind Slovis?

https://www.bovada.lv/sports/footba...-ncaa-heisman-trophy-odds-to-win-202008290700
Heisman Trophy Odds: Is It A Two-Man Race Between Lawrence and Fields?

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/college-football/heisman-trophy-odds/

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where? The books have Slovis as the only player from the PAC anywhere near the top guys. You need to find a book that goes past 30 or more players to find Sewell as the lone Oregon guy. Where do you see Shough slightly behind Slovis?

https://www.bovada.lv/sports/footba...-ncaa-heisman-trophy-odds-to-win-202008290700
Heisman Trophy Odds: Is It A Two-Man Race Between Lawrence and Fields?

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/college-football/heisman-trophy-odds/
Here is the first one that popped up when I Googled. Slovis is 40:1 and Shough is 50:1

2020 Heisman Trophy odds: Ohio State QB Justin Fields the favorite over Clemson's Trevor Lawrence

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timing. Oregon started getting better during the Pete Carroll era, but no one outside the PAC really noticed because everything was about USC.

Then, just as Oregon was stepping up nationally, USC got hit with sanctions.

Then, as we started to get past the sanctions and had a couple of CCG teams, Oregon had hit a little bit of a downturn.

Barring something unforeseen, it looks like it's finally going to USC/Oregon for a little while.
Oregon was "getting better" before pete.
had a low after Joey. then worked back up, yes, during Pete years.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wont happen. Oregon lucked out against a Wazzu team who had an undisciplined QB. Won’t happen again. Maybe in a year when Oregon is superior at every position but right now we got them beat at QB, RB, WR, we have the best O lineman in the conference, more returning defensive players including 3 sophomores who were better than their 4 and 5 star recruits and the best PK in the entire country, as he was last year too but was boned in the voting for Groza award.
Shough was a higher rated prospect as a Pro style recruit than WSU projected starter Cooper.
Oregon was #2 in the Pac in rushing and WSU was 12th. Verdell 1220 yards Borghi 817 yards. shoot Oregons back up Dye had 658 yards.
Didnt WSU just lose all their top WR's?
O line Id still take Oregon with Sewell leading over WSU. Oregon's backups, now starters, got good reps in last season if they can all mesh well. oline coach at Oregon is tops.
WSU defense has nothing on Oregon or even half the the conference.
im pretty sure both schools have about 7 returning starters and a couple of Oregon's "non starters" are counted as such only because they didnt start enough. Breeze and Thibodeaux at the end of the season were basically starters. not to mention changing things.
Mazza is the real deal and the only part you got right

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon was "getting better" before pete.
had a low after Joey. then worked back up, yes, during Pete years.

After Petes first season at USC The best Oregon did was end up in the top 10 once , 10th one time.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Petes first season at USC The best Oregon did was end up in the top 10 once , 10th one time.
is ranking the only thing that counts?
like i said before pete they started getting better 96-2001 more wins each season.
a spike in 05
bad luck in 07 then steady increase from 06 to 07 to 08 and 09 then more after.
who knows if USC would have bounced back from 09 or not with him.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shough was a higher rated prospect as a Pro style recruit than WSU projected starter Cooper.
Oregon was #2 in the Pac in rushing and WSU was 12th. Verdell 1220 yards Borghi 817 yards. shoot Oregons back up Dye had 658 yards.
Didnt WSU just lose all their top WR's?
O line Id still take Oregon with Sewell leading over WSU. Oregon's backups, now starters, got good reps in last season if they can all mesh well. oline coach at Oregon is tops.
WSU defense has nothing on Oregon or even half the the conference.
im pretty sure both schools have about 7 returning starters and a couple of Oregon's "non starters" are counted as such only because they didnt start enough. Breeze and Thibodeaux at the end of the season were basically starters. not to mention changing things.
Mazza is the real deal and the only part you got right

Ok, I’ll will admit I was trolling but Borghi is better than anything you got as well as Mazza. No clue who our starting QB is and as redshirt freshmen NFL scouts like Lucas over Dillard but have no idea what they feel now. I feel Tay Martin is better than any of yours but I am bias and think he is the best WR going into 2020 or 2021 when the left coast is allowed to play athletics besides lesbian soccer.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has the best OLineman in the NATION.

Abe Lucas is the best lineman in the conference, no matter what you little Ducks want to think. Hence the only running play Leach ran for the past 3 years was to the right. Dillard was a first round pick only because teams were forced to line up their best end against him and only rushed 3.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I’ll will admit I was trolling but Borghi is better than anything you got as well as Mazza. No clue who our starting QB is and as redshirt freshmen NFL scouts like Lucas over Dillard but have no idea what they feel now. I feel Tay Martin is better than any of yours but I am bias and think he is the best WR going into 2020 or 2021 when the left coast is allowed to play athletics besides lesbian soccer.
im not saying Borghi isnt good just dont think he is as good as Verdell. new system should give him some good opportunity tho.
still have to see how Tay comes about now that he should be more of a target.
Oregon with Johnson and Redd have a pretty solid duo plus good TEs

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wazzu will be lucky to be bowl eligible in 2020

Sure I’ll take lucky to make bowl eligibility if you concede you got lucky because of the refs for the only games you have beaten us in 5 years. Mariota and Herbert were exposed as frauds against us their entire careers and we were garbage defensively against Mariota and Herbert was just flat out garbage against us.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I’ll take lucky to make bowl eligibility if you concede you got lucky because of the refs for the only games you have beaten us in 5

Yes we are very lucky Ducks when we play the powerhouse known as Washington State.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not saying Borghi isnt good just dont think he is as good as Verdell. new system should give him some good opportunity tho.
still have to see how Tay comes about now that he should be more of a target.
Oregon with Johnson and Redd have a pretty solid duo plus good TEs

Its not even a bias that Borghi is the best back in the conference. Tay, has a bias IMO but I think he is the most talented receiver except his coach was a douche that thinks football is hockey with line changes. Like I said I was trolling and wouldn’t put the receiving corp of Wazzu up against Oregon or SC. But Martin and Co are better than any other team in the conference not named SC and Oregon and that is a statical fact. Our highest rated receiving prospect ever had to redshirt because he wouldn’t see the field last year.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I’ll take lucky to make bowl eligibility if you concede you got lucky because of the refs for the only games you have beaten us in 5 years. Mariota and Herbert were exposed as frauds against us their entire careers and we were garbage defensively against Mariota and Herbert was just flat out garbage against us.

Did you all ever beat Mariota?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we are very lucky Ducks when we play the powerhouse known as Washington State.

True or not, you guys have a pass interference against us that wasn’t called because Larry Scott forced it? I mean it was proven we were a better team on the night we shut down McCaffery but the conference wouldn’t allow our band to play in the 2nd half. You won last year on pure luck, no shame in that. Our two Apple Cups wins in the past 10 years were based strictly on luck. We did have the 18 Apple Cup UW lucked out that it was snowing.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is ranking the only thing that counts?
like i said before pete they started getting better 96-2001 more wins each season.
a spike in 05
bad luck in 07 then steady increase from 06 to 07 to 08 and 09 then more after.
who knows if USC would have bounced back from 09 or not with him.
Well getting better in a conference that only had USC at the time as a national power means you were getting better at beating PAC teams. When you are judged against all the teams that tells you if you are really better. If a team wins the PAC but ends up ranked 18th. That is not a good sign. But you've been the best in the PAC for a couple years now. So gotta see if USC can step up .

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
14-year-old quarterback receives scholarship offer from Oregon

oregon23.jpg