• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the conference championship game.

GreenDeepDromaeosaur-size_restricted.gif

Which is good for both teams if the other takes care of business.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While obviously you don't want teams you play to get better in the overall picture it's good to keep good players out west. I'm not a PAC nutswinger in the SEC homer category but we need teams to get better so when you do beat a PAC team it means something.

I agree. The PAC will be in much better shape if Oregon and SC are both playing and recruiting at a high level

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The PAC will be in much better shape if Oregon and SC are both playing and recruiting at a high level

What the PAC needs is to not fall flat on its face in the high-profile OOC matchups.

If the PAC goes 3-0 in the big showdowns vs Alabama, Ohio State, and Michigan, it would completely change the narrative.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the PAC needs is to not fall flat on its face in the high-profile OOC matchups.

If the PAC goes 3-0 in the big showdowns vs Alabama, Ohio State, and Michigan, it would completely change the narrative.

Man I hope they study last years LSU game against Bama. Burrow threw a ton and got them up big to where Bama couldn't keep up. Thats USCs chance. With Slovis throwing on quick slants and comebacks and the occasional deep ball they might be able to keep the ball a lot. Alabama will be breaking in a QB and with limited practices the USC QB and WRs should be more dialed in since they played with each other already.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I hope they study last years LSU game against Bama. Burrow threw a ton and got them up big to where Bama couldn't keep up. Thats USCs chance. With Slovis throwing on quick slants and comebacks and the occasional deep ball they might be able to keep the ball a lot. Alabama will be breaking in a QB and with limited practices the USC QB and WRs should be more dialed in since they played with each other already.

I won't be rooting for Washington, but I'll be hoping USC can pull the big upset.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I love to troll USC fans about their penalties from the Bush stuff, the NCAA completely hosed USC.
Understatement. It was their hate for USC that guided them not that one player and his family cheated. In later years we found out more than 75 players at Miami got gifts from that one booster and that at UNC classes were made to keep players eligible and that went on for more than 7 years and neither got close to what USC got.

These sanctions have been criticized by some NCAA football writers,[6][7][8][9][10] including ESPN's Ted Miller, who wrote, "It's become an accepted fact among informed college football observers that the NCAA sanctions against USC were a travesty of justice, and the NCAA's refusal to revisit that travesty are a massive act of cowardice on the part of the organization."[11]

Miller also suggested that the sanctions had more to do with objections to the football culture at USC than its alleged noncompliance with NCAA rules:

During a flight delay last year, I was cornered at an airport by an administrator from a major program outside the Pac-12. He made fun of me as a "USC fanboy" because of my rants against the NCAA ruling against the Trojans. But we started talking. Turned out he agreed with just about all my points. (He just didn't like USC.)

He told me, after some small talk and off-the-record, that "everybody" thought USC got screwed. He said that he thought the NCAA was trying to scare everyone with the ruling, but subsequent major violations cases put it in a pickle.

Then he told me that USC was punished for its "USC-ness," that while many teams had closed down access — to media, to fans, etc. — USC under Pete Carroll was completely open, and that was widely resented. There was a widespread belief the national media fawned on USC because of this. Further, more than a few schools thought that the presence of big-time celebrities, such as Snoop Dogg and Will Ferrell, at practices and at games constituted an unfair recruiting advantage for the Trojans.

It wasn't against the rules, but everyone hated it. This, as he assessed his own smell test, was a subtext of the so-called atmosphere of noncompliance that the NCAA referred to — an atmosphere that oddly yielded very few instances of noncompliance around the football program even after a four-year NCAA investigation.[12

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understatement. It was their hate for USC that guided them not that one player and his family cheated. In later years we found out more than 75 players at Miami got gifts from that one booster and that at UNC classes were made to keep players eligible and that went on for more than 7 years and neither got close to what USC got.

These sanctions have been criticized by some NCAA football writers,[6][7][8][9][10] including ESPN's Ted Miller, who wrote, "It's become an accepted fact among informed college football observers that the NCAA sanctions against USC were a travesty of justice, and the NCAA's refusal to revisit that travesty are a massive act of cowardice on the part of the organization."[11]

Miller also suggested that the sanctions had more to do with objections to the football culture at USC than its alleged noncompliance with NCAA rules:

During a flight delay last year, I was cornered at an airport by an administrator from a major program outside the Pac-12. He made fun of me as a "USC fanboy" because of my rants against the NCAA ruling against the Trojans. But we started talking. Turned out he agreed with just about all my points. (He just didn't like USC.)

He told me, after some small talk and off-the-record, that "everybody" thought USC got screwed. He said that he thought the NCAA was trying to scare everyone with the ruling, but subsequent major violations cases put it in a pickle.

Then he told me that USC was punished for its "USC-ness," that while many teams had closed down access — to media, to fans, etc. — USC under Pete Carroll was completely open, and that was widely resented. There was a widespread belief the national media fawned on USC because of this. Further, more than a few schools thought that the presence of big-time celebrities, such as Snoop Dogg and Will Ferrell, at practices and at games constituted an unfair recruiting advantage for the Trojans.

It wasn't against the rules, but everyone hated it. This, as he assessed his own smell test, was a subtext of the so-called atmosphere of noncompliance that the NCAA referred to — an atmosphere that oddly yielded very few instances of noncompliance around the football program even after a four-year NCAA investigation.[12

I miss Ted Miller. He was a great daily read on the PAC12 blog.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Google & Samsung are demanding that the name of the UW/WSU game be changed due to the word Apple being associated with Microsoft.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it really matter?
“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” --1984 by George Orwell

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Slovis isnt Burrow or even really that close. LSU had 2 of the top 3 WR in the country last season and USC top guy is gone.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Slovis isnt Burrow or even really that close. LSU had 2 of the top 3 WR in the country last season and USC top guy is gone.
Slovis was the top rated passer in the country on throws over 20 yards. Even higher percentage than Burrow. USC arguably has top 3 WR group.
Now if you say LSU had better WRs how does he end up with a higher percentage on throws 20 or more yards away? That doesnt make sense. Wouldn't that make him eve better than Burrow?

Kedon Slovis the best QB in the country in one area

This specific area for Slovis actually made him the best quarterback in college football in 2019.

According to the analytical based Pro Football Focus, Slovis had the best completion percentage in the country with throws of 20-plus yards downfield at 57.1 percent. If Slovis is nearing 60 percent on throws that far downfield, it’s going to be very tough to stop the Trojans offense.

Last edited:

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” --1984 by George Orwell

The original name was already changed prior to them calling it the Civil War. Things rebrand all the time, it doesn’t have to be a conspiracy to bring about a totalitarian state