• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a different game because they aren't as athletic. lol. So they preach fundamentals.

Years ago, I coached high school basketball. During the NCAA women's tournament, I used to make my players watch some games to see the fundamentals.

Every year, they bitched about it.

Also every year, as the tournament went on, they would start rooting for specific teams and talking about some of the things they saw during the games that they could use or do better. lol

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
--Oregon signed only one receiver, Kris Hutson, in it 2020 recruiting class and Bouknight was not his primary recruiter. The Ducks also lost long-time commit Johnny Wilson to Arizona State, which hired UO analyst Prentice Gill as receivers coach after the regular season.

With 10 scholarship receivers on the 2020 roster, Johnny Johnson III and Jaylon Redd completing their eligibility after this season and Kyron Ware-Hudson committed, receiver is arguably the position of greatest need for the Ducks in their 2021 recruiting class.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
--Oregon signed only one receiver, Kris Hutson, in it 2020 recruiting class and Bouknight was not his primary recruiter. The Ducks also lost long-time commit Johnny Wilson to Arizona State, which hired UO analyst Prentice Gill as receivers coach after the regular season.

With 10 scholarship receivers on the 2020 roster, Johnny Johnson III and Jaylon Redd completing their eligibility after this season and Kyron Ware-Hudson committed, receiver is arguably the position of greatest need for the Ducks in their 2021 recruiting class.
it has been for a few years.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a different game because they aren't as athletic. lol. So they preach fundamentals.
there are plenty of very athletic women in the game more so than some in the mens.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it has been for a few years.
I take this move as couple of things. With new OC Moorhead, he might be looking to bring in someone whose more his guy or emphasis on the offense he plans to run. Expect to see a lot more run game and especially QB run plays going forward. That's how Moorhead rolls. Lots and lots of run.

Bouknight is more of a coach than recruiter. Given the Ducks are going to become a harder sell to WR/TE talent given a bigger shift to run, expect them to bring in a guy who can recruit hard and be a passable WR coach.

It's not like the Ducks are going to minimize pass game on a level like Chip Kelly did....but, get used to a heavier dose of the run than you've seen the past couple years.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are plenty of very athletic women in the game more so than some in the mens.

They are athletic yes but there's a ceiling to how fast, how strong, how quick they can be. A good high school boys team can beat the best womens college team. That's just a fact. The women are more skilled in my opinion in most things because they have always been coached to play as a team and practice passing and picks and cuts and team defense more. Men seem to practice dribbling and having a better handle to take a player one on one a lot more which is one thing that the women don't have. That's a product of the AAU mentality of just taking it yourself. I can appreciate the womens game. I wish men played team ball more than they do now. But the men are far more athletic and thats not even debatable.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are athletic yes but there's a ceiling to how fast, how strong, how quick they can be. A good high school boys team can beat the best womens college team. That's just a fact. The women are more skilled in my opinion in most things because they have always been coached to play as a team and practice passing and picks and cuts and team defense more. Men seem to practice dribbling and having a better handle to take a player one on one a lot more which is one thing that the women don't have. That's a product of the AAU mentality of just taking it yourself. I can appreciate the womens game. I wish men played team ball more than they do now. But the men are far more athletic and thats not even debatable.
how fast how strong or quick doesnt make them not athletic. its just different like comparing the athleticism of a track sprinter and an offensive lineman. its just different.

no that is not a fact. could it happen yes. would i put money on it? no.

when was the last time you watched a womens game. there are lots of one on ones. and the men have plenty of team ball teams out there too.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take this move as couple of things. With new OC Moorhead, he might be looking to bring in someone whose more his guy or emphasis on the offense he plans to run. Expect to see a lot more run game and especially QB run plays going forward. That's how Moorhead rolls. Lots and lots of run.

Bouknight is more of a coach than recruiter. Given the Ducks are going to become a harder sell to WR/TE talent given a bigger shift to run, expect them to bring in a guy who can recruit hard and be a passable WR coach.

It's not like the Ducks are going to minimize pass game on a level like Chip Kelly did....but, get used to a heavier dose of the run than you've seen the past couple years.
Oregon was at 258 ypg passing and 174 rushing this year so i feel like if anything it will just balance out more but prob have the rush a slight higher. like a 210 passing 250 rush

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon was at 258 ypg passing and 174 rushing this year so i feel like if anything it will just balance out more but prob have the rush a slight higher. like a 210 passing 250 rush

Well there was virtually no positive rushing yards coming from the QB position until the last 2 games. I expect that to change in 2020. That alone could bridge the gap you described.

Expect a bit more playaction, with some big plays over the top.

I also wouldn't mind seeing some triple option, but not sure if that is likely.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how fast how strong or quick doesnt make them not athletic. its just different like comparing the athleticism of a track sprinter and an offensive lineman. its just different.

no that is not a fact. could it happen yes. would i put money on it? no.

when was the last time you watched a womens game. there are lots of one on ones. and the men have plenty of team ball teams out there too.
I'm comparing women basketball players to men basketball players. They aren't as fast or quick and can't jump as high. I don't know what you're smoking but that means they aren't as athletic.
Yes it's a fact. I watched some of the USC Ucla womans game last week and I've watched some of the local boys high school teams and theres no way the women could hang. The boys high school teams these days have 6'4 guards and 6'7" and up centers who can leap and run past these women. I'll give you that the women would probably shoot better from 3 point range and pass better and play pretty good half court defense but they would get run out of the gym.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Look who's back.

Do you get some kind of sexual thrill out of embarrassing yourself on the internet?

you guys miss me? I've been away annnnnd this feels out of place now. Whatevs, I'm sure you carried on looking like an idiot. I bid you farewell.

Cool, not only are you not funny and kinda creepy, you're a 12 year old boy. Did you giggle when you typed that?

coming from the guy that makes 'fixed' jokes? whatever nerd.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's not entirely true. Those things that are used to define athleticism don't change.

That's why we use terms like "athletic for a player his size".

Stating that the women's game is less athletic than the men's game is simply stating a fact.

Generally speaking, women are less athletic than men. It doesn't mean they aren't athletic at all, or not athletes, it means they aren't as athletic as men.

In some ways, it can be a good thing.

For example, in a sport like basketball, the fact that female players can't just rely on their athleticism to hide a lack of fundamentals like some male players can, they have to be more well versed in the fundamentals to be successful.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys miss me? I've been away annnnnd this feels out of place now. Whatevs, I'm sure you carried on looking like an idiot. I bid you farewell.

coming from the guy that makes 'fixed' jokes? whatever nerd.

I'm sure all of that made sense in your head when you typed it.