• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before Duck fans say "we didn't want him"

USC already has the highest average for players in 2021 class and the top rated QB coming in. This can only help.

Outside of OD, can't imagine anyone saying that.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of OD, can't imagine anyone saying that.

TBH I didn';t even know abut USC having a commitment from 5* QB Jake Garcia for 2021 ( trojanfan told me yesterday).
I remember him transfering to Narbonne some time back and USC being in the hunt but didn't know he's commited. USC has two or three of the top 15 players in Cali (Jakes top 2) commited already. Thats already better than this year. But lets see if Clay can fuck that up.lol

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020pacsb.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like USC is also set to hire Sean Snyder (son of Bill Snyder) as special teams coach.

Apparently he's really good (comes from good stock lol) which is nice because our special teams sucked out loud last year.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like USC is also set to hire Sean Snyder (son of Bill Snyder) as special teams coach.

Apparently he's really good (comes from good stock lol) which is nice because our special teams sucked out loud last year.
He's a decent hire for sure. Synder had tried for years to make him the heir to KSU HC, but the university wasn't feeling that, finally retired, and Chris Klieman was hired. Sean is a very experienced ST coach so it's good get for USC.

I'm expecting a bounce back year for USC recruiting with the new staff solidified, the clouds cleared on top of Heltons head a bit, and they can get to work. The ball game isn't over for Ducks when it comes to recruiting USCs typical top targets, but I'm expecting a shift starting this year enough that USC can flex on them, and the rest of the PAC, at times.
Washington has to get to work as well. Lake needs to prove he can be that final closer like Peterson was when it was those critical last couple weeks before a recruit is going to announce and those last home visits can make or break the situation. We got a lot of instate prospects this year that all the big boys will be targeting.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a decent hire for sure. Synder had tried for years to make him the heir to KSU HC, but the university wasn't feeling that, finally retired, and Chris Klieman was hired. Sean is a very experienced ST coach so it's good get for USC.

I'm expecting a bounce back year for USC recruiting with the new staff solidified, the clouds cleared on top of Heltons head a bit, and they can get to work. The ball game isn't over for Ducks when it comes to recruiting USCs typical top targets, but I'm expecting a shift starting this year enough that USC can flex on them, and the rest of the PAC, at times.
Washington has to get to work as well. Lake needs to prove he can be that final closer like Peterson was when it was those critical last couple weeks before a recruit is going to announce and those last home visits can make or break the situation. We got a lot of instate prospects this year that all the big boys will be targeting.

Yeah, I don't know if Helton has finally realized that a head coach has to be willing to move on quickly from assistants who aren't getting the job done, or if Bohn is making him realize it. But I really like the staff he has put together. I think the only spot left to fill is d-line coach. Then he just needs to let them do their jobs.

As for recruiting. I don't know if we'll ever get back to completely owning California recruiting again. But there's no reason that we shouldn't be able to still be the first choice of most of the top California recruits. Especially the SoCal recruits.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't know if Helton has finally realized that a head coach has to be willing to move on quickly from assistants who aren't getting the job done, or if Bohn is making him realize it. But I really like the staff he has put together. I think the only spot left to fill is d-line coach. Then he just needs to let them do their jobs.

As for recruiting. I don't know if we'll ever get back to completely owning California recruiting again. But there's no reason that we shouldn't be able to still be the first choice of most of the top California recruits. Especially the SoCal recruits.

True. These days players can get noticed anywhere and most schools facilities have been upgraded to the point where that's no longer a deterrent to going to the not the typical programs. From now on Oregon and Washington should be able to get top kids from Cali because they will play meaningful games and will get noticed but if USC is winning and they have competent recruiting I still think it will be first choice for a majority. Now I think the difference is if you're a really good player you can with no hesitation pick a school that you think will get you playing time because they are in need at that position or they are a school who's been winning recently. Five or ten years ago the odds of DJ Uiagalelei and Bryce Young going to Clemson and Bama would have been slim to none. Top QB prospects for the most part stayed in the PAC if they didn't go to Cal , Stanford, USC or UCLA.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
back to the bottom for Colorado. wait did they leave the bottom?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks lose a 2021 commit. Very possibly related to Williams leaving to USC. Will have.to keep an eye on where he ends up.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3