• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Holt....you want me to grab his number real quick?
Nice. Might work, he looks like he should be a good coach.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Utah Ute one needs to be updated.
The Utes is the name not the mascot.
A Red tail hawk is our mascot.
1f40a9c2a23056657fd2746672ebd21f--vinny-my-cousin.jpg

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilner seems to think the Cougs might be going after Oregon States AD. Seems a bit of a long shot to me.

I heard the Colorado State AD..I don't know either. My choices are either Mike Leach, Jack Thompson or Jason Gesser. Really prefer Jack Thompson as he is the schools top ambassador.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds a bit like "The Great Dane" Morten Anderson's story Jim...

I don't know much about his story. Was Morten a poor black kid on the streets of Copenhagen looking for a way out? lol.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about his story. Was Morten a poor black kid on the streets of Copenhagen looking for a way out? lol.
I guess it's safe to assume that everyone from Nigeria is poor. :lol:

No where in that article does it say anything about that, nor about him being 'on the streets'.

I was talking about your comment about him being 'pretty ballsy to come from another country at 16 and make it to big time college football.'

Anderson too knew nothing about American Football, came as a HS foreign exchange student in his teen, and made it to a big time college football program.

I'll let him tell it....

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's safe to assume that everyone from Nigeria is poor. :lol:

No where in that article does it say anything about that, nor about him being 'on the streets'.

I was talking about your comment about him being 'pretty ballsy to come from another country at 16 and make it to big time college football.'

Anderson too knew nothing about American Football, came as a HS foreign exchange student in his teen, and made it to a big time college football program.

I'll let him tell it....

I will check out Mortens speach (about to have lunch) but I don't think being a kid in Nigeria with it's child labor issues, children especially young boys being kidnapped and put in the military and Boko Haram roaming the country is the same as the mean streets of Copenhagen Holland where Morten was a gymnast and long jumper. But maybe the video will change my mind.
drc_children_congolese_child_soldiers_congo_child_fighters.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh jesus, can we get more picutres of kind of ok looking chicks with partially see through tops on instead of this nonsense?

Asking for a friend.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will check out Mortens speach (about to have lunch) but I don't think being a kid in Nigeria with it's child labor issues, children especially young boys being kidnapped and put in the military and Boko Haram roaming the country is the same as the mean streets of Copenhagen Holland where Morten was a gymnast and long jumper. But maybe the video will change my mind.
drc_children_congolese_child_soldiers_congo_child_fighters.jpg
Since you put it that way, I don't see what is so ballsy about it then. (Either of them actually) Seems like the decision, if it can be had, is a slam dunk. :nod:

Also Jim, you're not listening very well, I did initially say it 'sounds a bit like', which is pretty accurate. And then clarified I was referring to your comment of this kid being 'pretty ballsy to come from another country at 16 and make it to big time college football.'

Morten was a day away from being 16, and came from another country to make it to a big time college football program.

Too, they both knew not a thing about American Football, and while Andersen played soccer, handball, and practiced gymnastics, Betiku was lifting weights at the gym, and a talented Basketball player.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh jesus, can we get more picutres of kind of ok looking chicks with partially see through tops on instead of this nonsense?

Asking for a friend.

Real lifes a bitch isn't it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real lifes a bitch isn't it.
I'm happy for your guy. Why not? Really want to dig into his story? No, not really. I was more commenting on what is bound to be another full page of back and forth over who's example is more ballsy. I'd rather see titties, sorry for that. :laugh:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you put it that way, I don't see what is so ballsy about it then, seems like the decision, if it can be had, is a slam dunk. :nod:

Also Jim, you're not listening very well, I did initially say it 'sounds a bit like', which is pretty accurate. And then clarified I was referring to your comment of this kid being 'pretty ballsy to come from another country at 16 and make it to big time college football.'

Morten was a day away from being 16, and came from another country to make it to a big time college football program.

Too, they both knew not a thing about American Football, and while Andersen played soccer, handball a practiced gymnastics, Betiku was lifting weights at the gym, and a talented Basketball player.

I think I remember Morten came to the USA as an exchange student and saw american football while he was here and joined the High school football team. That's different than a kid in Africa looking for a way out and realizing he's not the body type for basketball and goes to try out for football not knowing what it is and moving to the states with that as his golden ticket. From what it sounds like Morten could have gone back to Holland and had a good life. He did have a gift for kicking and its cool he stayed and became a hall of famer.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for your guy. Why not? Really want to dig into his story? No, not really. I was more commenting on what is bound to be another full page of back and forth over who's example is more ballsy. I'd rather see titties, sorry for that. :laugh:

Titties are good. lol. But gotta mix it up once in a while.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I remember Morten came to the USA as an exchange student and saw american football while he was here and joined the High school football team. That's different than a kid in Africa looking for a way out and realizing he's not the body type for basketball and goes to try out for football not knowing what it is and moving to the states with that as his golden ticket. From what it sounds like Morten could have gone back to Holland and had a good life. He did have a gift for kicking and its cool he stayed and became a hall of famer.
On another note, I have to wonder what other schools are scouring 3rd world Countries to feed, the feed schools of their program?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note, I have to wonder what other schools are scouring 3rd world Countries to feed, the feed schools of their program?
Well look at how hard the Pac is trying to build their overall brand up overseas with games in Aussie land and trying to work on TV deals in half a dozen other countries. They do believe there is a viable market for the product which also should translate into more interest from younger people who might end up over here playing. Get them into knowing Pac schools in the hope some come here.

Teams have been going to Samoa, quam, and other outlying US territories for years, but I don't think many actively look overseas for actual talent to recruit. That might change with these branding and streaming deals they are working on.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a good question. He got sponsored by Lavar Arrington but he only ended up in So Cali because Lavar got a job that moved him out this way. And if you're 6'3 260 and a freshman or soph in High School you're going to get free tuition at St. John Bosco or Mater Dei or Serra.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Asking for a friend.
Like this?

920x920.jpg
:trash: