• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Thread v6.0

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, so decommit from USC to potentially go to a team with a HC that missed the first 3 games of the season on suspension and finds himself in turmoil (at the very least) after an entirely embarrassing loss by 29 to freaking Purdue? :L

No one said high school kids are great at making life decisions.
Yet some are old enough to vote and fight for the country.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pacstandings1.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, I'm never sure which USC team is gonna "show up" every week either.

Every week? Hell, I don't know which team is going to show up from quarter to quarter.

For that matter, when it comes to the offense, I don't know which team is going to show up from series to series. :L

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every week? Hell, I don't know which team is going to show up from quarter to quarter.

For that matter, when it comes to the offense, I don't know which team is going to show up from series to series. :L

Things I'm sure about attending a USC game lately

Within four plays (this time the first play) of the start of the game the OL will be called for a penalty

The ball will be snapped either too high or two low about eight to ten times a game

Four and Five star O linemen get bullrushed and man handled by guys who weren't even invited to those star camps.

JT will just throw it up and Vaughns or Pittman will take it away from defenders and Tee will take credit

You will swear Tee is playing bingo play calling because having no rhythm and no plan.

Clay will be on the sidelines bend over with his hands on his knees with a dumbfounded look on his face.

If by chance they have a lead at halftime they will stop running those plays and put it in cruise control to let the other team catch up.

there will be at least six series where it's run to the right for a one yard gain, then run to the left for a two yard loss then chuck it 20-30 yards down field and pray.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That can be said for most of the teams in the Pac this year, and even some of the better teams from other P5's. Lots of inconsistency on so many offenses this year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated lines -
Utah -10.5 / UCLA
Colorado -24 / Oregon State
Stanford -3 / WSU
USC - 6.5 / ASU
UW -12 / Cal
Oregon -9.5 / Arizona

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated lines -
Utah -10.5 / UCLA
Colorado -24 / Oregon State
Stanford -3 / WSU
USC - 6.5 / ASU
UW -12 / Cal
Oregon -9.5 / Arizona
WOW thats crazy I mean who ever heard of a team going from 20.5 point dog to 9.5 point favorite?
I mean something crazy must have happened like half the team got the flu or stranded in the Bermuda Triangle or some dumbass made a mistake and husky fans ate it up like it was actually true.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW thats crazy I mean who ever heard of a team going from 20.5 point dog to 9.5 point favorite?
I mean something crazy must have happened like half the team got the flu or stranded in the Bermuda Triangle or some dumbass made a mistake and husky fans ate it up like it was actually true.
Yep, he still mad. ^^^^ :lol:

I mean it's not like someone explained to you about how those mistakes happen on opening lines all the time and it would be corrected by sometime early monday or anything. :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, if you are saying that won't be the line, then that is almost certainly correct.

I doubt anyone is actually taking bets on that line and it certainly isn't the first time we've seen weird initial offerings that were way out of whack.

If you can find a book actually offering it, I'd hit that shit for whatever their early max bet is.

The tweet you are talking about was not what I posted. I gave you the actual live vegasinsider listing. There are dozens more that also have that. I worked in gaming for a long time and have a dozen book index sites I monitor and all of them had that. Again, those are just indexes. Books may, or may not use them or post their own. As of right now I highly doubt anyone is using that line.

Wouldn't be surprised if they simply reversed the +/- or had another clerical error.

I would expect an updated/live line to be in sometime today unless there is an injury I'm not aware of. Those can delay lines into mid week.

It was still funny though.
bumping for butt hurt duck fan that doesn't get how people took that opening line as a joke and explained how it wouldn't stand and likely wasn't being used by any real book at the time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I'm sure about attending a USC game lately

Within four plays (this time the first play) of the start of the game the OL will be called for a penalty

The ball will be snapped either too high or two low about eight to ten times a game

Four and Five star O linemen get bullrushed and man handled by guys who weren't even invited to those star camps.

JT will just throw it up and Vaughns or Pittman will take it away from defenders and Tee will take credit

You will swear Tee is playing bingo play calling because having no rhythm and no plan.

Clay will be on the sidelines bend over with his hands on his knees with a dumbfounded look on his face.

If by chance they have a lead at halftime they will stop running those plays and put it in cruise control to let the other team catch up.

there will be at least six series where it's run to the right for a one yard gain, then run to the left for a two yard loss then chuck it 20-30 yards down field and pray.

Yep. Hopefully, after the season, Swann will give Helton an ultimatum. Get rid of Callaway, and either get rid of Tee or bring in an experienced guy to advise him or you'll be gone.

I'd still like to retain Tee because I think that the play of the o-line and having a true freshman qb is contributing to at least some of the play calling. Part of me thinks that Tee should just say "Fuck it" and give JT the full playbook. But part of me is afraid that with the play of the o-line...it'll get JT killed.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Hopefully, after the season, Swann will give Helton an ultimatum. Get rid of Callaway, and either get rid of Tee or bring in an experienced guy to advise him or you'll be gone.

I'd still like to retain Tee because I think that the play of the o-line and having a true freshman qb is contributing to at least some of the play calling. Part of me thinks that Tee should just say "Fuck it" and give JT the full playbook. But part of me is afraid that with the play of the o-line...it'll get JT killed.

I like Tee and I know the O line has been horrendous which contributes to the dysfunction . But even when they have played teams who were way less talented that they should be able to do what they wish the play calling has been questionable to say the least. I just don't know how long if ever a guy whos learning to be an OC will begin to outsmart DCs who've been doing it for years. I bet some Dcs have baited him into not doing things USC would kill them at by giving him certain looks. I'm sure I've said this before but one of my favorite Norm Chow stories is how he ran certain plays against one of the Stoops brothers at Arizona I think , just to see how his defense would react just in case and then when he lined up against Oklahoma in the NCG and against the other Stoops he took what he learned against one brother ran plays against the other knowing they ran the same defense. It was 38-10 at half time USC. Norm was doing circles around DCs and Now we have an OC still using training wheels.

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^ THIS... I was thinking similar thoughts instead of trying for a knee-jerk reaction halfway thru this season to sack him. But, IMO, that wouldn't solve the issues THIS season anyway

I'm like, just WHO would be interim coach for rest of season anyway? Heck who is actually out there that would even be a good HC candidate for SC AFTER this season ends. :noidea:

Besides, I think Swann already started putting the "feelers" out right after last year's bowl game implosion. Just in case. :nod:

Good Point... And to think we were "supposed" to have a VERY good O-Line this year. Guess NOT! :tsk:

With both JT and Fink sidelined for the AzSt game... Rut Roh! :rolleyes2:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Tee and I know the O line has been horrendous which contributes to the dysfunction . But even when they have played teams who were way less talented that they should be able to do what they wish the play calling has been questionable to say the least. I just don't know how long if ever a guy whos learning to be an OC will begin to outsmart DCs who've been doing it for years. I bet some Dcs have baited him into not doing things USC would kill them at by giving him certain looks. I'm sure I've said this before but one of my favorite Norm Chow stories is how he ran certain plays against one of the Stoops brothers at Arizona I think , just to see how his defense would react just in case and then when he lined up against Oklahoma in the NCG and against the other Stoops he took what he learned against one brother ran plays against the other knowing they ran the same defense. It was 38-10 at half time USC. Norm was doing circles around DCs and Now we have an OC still using training wheels.

Helton should see if he can bring in Norm as an adviser for Tee.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to think we were "supposed" to have a VERY good O-Line this year. Guess NOT!

I never bought into the idea that the o-line was going to be good.

To paraphrase John McKay..."I'm not surfe bringing everybody back from a bad o-line is a good thing". lol

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect to USC fans, but I hope the Trojans stick with Clay Helton mostly because I believe they can attract a much better head coach.

With the talent that USC is able to recruit, I'd be terrified of a guy like Chris Petersen down there.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I said like Chris Petersen.

I can't imagine how I'd feel if he left us for anything other than retirement. I do get the impression he wants to stay here his entire career.
If I was Lynn Swan I'd go after Matt Campbell over at Iowa St.