• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 ripe for the picken...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like WV in the Big 12. They just haven't developed any rivalries or recruited from the other Big 12 states.
I like WV in the Big 12. They just haven't developed any rivalries or recruited from the other Big 12 states.

I would agree in Football..maybe something is budding with TCU ...but in basketball I think the rivalry is there with Kansas...and starting to warm up with OU...

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree in Football..maybe something is budding with TCU ...but in basketball I think the rivalry is there with Kansas...and starting to warm up with OU...

I agree about basketball.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When it comes to recruiting, WVU tried to recruit Texas when it first started Big 12 play. I think coaches and fans both expected to see that area become our next FL. FL was targeted by WVU back in the 80's. Until recently, it became a great source of athletic players for WVU.

Personally, I don't see any advantage for WVU to recruit TX. The staff has ties to states like GA, NC, OH and PA... might as well hit them places.

Rivalries take time to develop. I think WVU grabs every team's attention in all sports. WVU and KU certainly have developed something in basketball.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AZ schools in the Big XII? I can dig it. I have a lot of friends and family there, and I think AZ is one of the choice spot for people from WV to relocate to. So if we grabbed both AZ schools, that would also benefit them. Let's face it, the PAC12 gets no national notoriety. We all know why too. The time zone issue. You can't start your game at 11pm ES/DT and get the media's attention. AZ moving eastward will play earlier and get that attention the PAC lacks.

So what about partners? I prefer the idea of going straight to 14 teams. BYU is still out there, and if we get Utah from the PAC, we give them a natural rivalry. It's also mountain time, so we wouldn't dip into the pacific at all.