• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated KenPom Ratings for the PAC:

1. USC (6th nationally)
2. Colorado (9th nationally)
3. Oregon (15th nationally)
4. UCLA (16th nationally)
5. Arizona (28th nationally)
6. Oregon State (43rd nationally)
7. Utah (44th nationally)
8. Stanford (58th nationally)
9. Washington State (79th nationally)
10. Arizona State (87th nationally)
11. California (116th nationally)
12. Washington (131st nationally)

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated KenPom Ratings for the PAC:

1. USC (6th nationally)
2. Colorado (9th nationally)
3. Oregon (15th nationally)
4. UCLA (16th nationally)
9. Washington State (79th nationally)
10. Arizona State (87th nationally)
11. California (116th nationally)
12. Washington (131st nationally)
Moving on up, yet losing players daily......I don't know how UW will have a team next year. Maybe they bring in 6 instant transfers??? Maybe Quade and Wright both come back?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving on up, yet losing players daily......I don't know how UW will have a team next year. Maybe they bring in 6 instant transfers??? Maybe Quade and Wright both come back?

Transfer portal will have to be UWs friend. Convince a couple of those guys to stay and find some high level transfers and UW could be alright for next year

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Transfer portal will have to be UWs friend. Convince a couple of those guys to stay and find some high level transfers and UW could be alright for next year
I'm hoping a few will stay. I just don't see how transferring to their 3rd team in 3 years would help a player. In the case of Tsohonis and Battle, they just haven't found a role and it might help but Stevenson and Brooks.....what are they looking for?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping a few will stay. I just don't see how transferring to their 3rd team in 3 years would help a player. In the case of Tsohonis and Battle, they just haven't found a role and it might help but Stevenson and Brooks.....what are they looking for?

Some of it is the way college basketball is changing. Guys transferring to a 3rd different school isn't that uncommon anymore. Some of it is the COVID redshirt season is giving everyone an extra year and that's throwing programs out of whack.

I'm interested to see where Tsohonis ends up since I saw him play in HS. He had some solid games with UW so I was a little surprised to see him in the portal. Luckily for Hopkins and UW, there should be a record amount of players in the portal and plenty of them are good. He just needs to land some of them.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of it is the way college basketball is changing. Guys transferring to a 3rd different school isn't that uncommon anymore. Some of it is the COVID redshirt season is giving everyone an extra year and that's throwing programs out of whack.

I'm interested to see where Tsohonis ends up since I saw him play in HS. He had some solid games with UW so I was a little surprised to see him in the portal. Luckily for Hopkins and UW, there should be a record amount of players in the portal and plenty of them are good. He just needs to land some of them.
Tsohonis is an interesting player, with an interesting game. Has a weird shot, decent handle and can finish ok. Not sure why he didn't play more. Didn't seem to show much fire or intensity and most of his big games came when there was zero pressure. I thought he would grow into a role but never really did. I bet he goes to a WCC or Big West team and does decent.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tsohonis is an interesting player, with an interesting game. Has a weird shot, decent handle and can finish ok. Not sure why he didn't play more. Didn't seem to show much fire or intensity and most of his big games came when there was zero pressure. I thought he would grow into a role but never really did. I bet he goes to a WCC or Big West team and does decent.

I'm hoping the new coach at Portland can convince him to come home. He would be a good addition for the Pilots

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping the new coach at Portland can convince him to come home. He would be a good addition for the Pilots
Speaking of....Why would Shantey Legans leave EWU for Portland??? Seems like a lateral move for the most part.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of....Why would Shantey Legans leave EWU for Portland??? Seems like a lateral move for the most part.

I didn’t see the details but heard it was a significant pay increase

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KenPom Ratings for the PAC:

1. USC (6th nationally)
2. Colorado (8th nationally)
3. UCLA (15th nationally)
4. Oregon (16th nationally)
9. Washington State (78th nationally)
10. Arizona State (86th nationally)
11. California (115th nationally)
12. Washington (130th nationally)

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Miller fired

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing UW has to realize it, in the transfer portal is kind of tough for them. Hopkins has to look for a certain type of player and not many players are looking to playing strict zone defense. So you will have to obviously use the portal but your going to be punting again on 21-22 season. I think his buyout is reasonable though after next year isn’t it?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing UW has to realize it, in the transfer portal is kind of tough for them. Hopkins has to look for a certain type of player and not many players are looking to playing strict zone defense. So you will have to obviously use the portal but your going to be punting again on 21-22 season. I think his buyout is reasonable though after next year isn’t it?
He's backed off the zone a little bit the last few years but I hear ya. It makes me feel a little better when I see the mass amounts of players in the portal and teams in the almost the same situation.

Free agent college basketball kind of sucks tho.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's backed off the zone a little bit the last few years but I hear ya. It makes me feel a little better when I see the mass amounts of players in the portal and teams in the almost the same situation.

Free agent college basketball kind of sucks tho.
Free agency definitely blows. Also, curious on how it works for a school like UW that is still in the lockdown protocols. Zoom or whatever makes for the football team because you guys are good. But how will Hopkins sell transfer portal guys when they can’t visit? Unless UW isn’t like the rest of King County.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free agency definitely blows. Also, curious on how it works for a school like UW that is still in the lockdown protocols. Zoom or whatever makes for the football team because you guys are good. But how will Hopkins sell transfer portal guys when they can’t visit? Unless UW isn’t like the rest of King County.
So far Hopkins has been targeting guys that played high school in the area so they are already familiar with the area. They got a kid from West Virginia and Arizona that both grew up there. Not sure how many else are out there but I don't feel like UW is too horrible of a sell. We will see, it will be hard to have any chemistry with a bunch of rentals.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far Hopkins has been targeting guys that played high school in the area so they are already familiar with the area. They got a kid from West Virginia and Arizona that both grew up there. Not sure how many else are out there but I don't feel like UW is too horrible of a sell. We will see, it will be hard to have any chemistry with a bunch of rentals.

I think Hop going after Seattle area guys in the portal is a smart move. There's lots of talent in the Seattle Area and there's bound to be some more of them in the portal. Hopkins probably scouted and recruited them as well, so that may give him a leg up. Not sure he can do anything to make UW "good" next year but I wouldn't be shocked if UW was competitive, depending on how things shake out with the portal. It's hard to know right now since most of the roster is in flex (which is the case for a lot of teams right now).

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess to me it is just a hard sell with the past two years, mass exodus, and the coaching philosophy. But UW is still a better sell than Washington State.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't know a lot about UW basketball, but if you guys can get juniors, seniors and/or graduate transfers out of the portal, you could end up with a pretty good team. 2 or 3 of the more important players for USC were juniors or seniors they got through the portal. Even with the Mobley's, USC doesn't get to the Elite 8 without those guys.