• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell is Stanford scheduling teams like Kansas and UNC? They just get pummeled on national TV and make the PAC-12 look bad.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Oregon is the clear front runner this season. They have the best combination of experience and talented freshman IMO. Pritchard is a player that can win Pac 12 Player of the year. Paul White is a 5th year senior. Ehab Amin is a 5th year senior. Couple that with their top 3 recruiting class, I think they are a notch above everybody else. They can go 8/9 deep with either great talent, experience, or a combination of that.

I'd peg Washington as the 2nd best team this season. But I really think 2-5 could end up in any order between Washington, Arizona USC and UCLA. Washington already has a nice win beating WKU, who I think ends up winning C-USA. So that's a good win for them and for the conference. You would think a team with as many upperclassman as they have would be able to win away from home, but I'm still not sold if they can. We'll get a feel for that tonight when they play at Auburn.

I like Arizona finishing 3rd, which is probably higher than most. This is largely due to Sean Miller and the culture of the program. They are just a tough minded team, and have a true home court advantage, which nobody else can match IMO, outside of Oregon. I know they lost a ton from last year. But they still have some nice pieces. Williams and Randolph might be the best back court in the Pac 12. Both were highly rated out of high school and Randolph has a year of experience. And they have some experience in the frontcourt with Jeter and Luther. Also, I expect a little bit of a jump from Dylan Smith this season.

USC and UCLA should round out the top 5. And after that I feel like there's a pretty big gap. I do expect all 5 of these to make the tournament this season. I think Utah and Colorado have the potential to make the NIT. We'll see what Utah is made of on Tuesday when they travel to take on Minnesota. If they win that game, you can make a case for them to be the 6th team that steps up to make the tournament.

Overall the Pac 12 has some really tough OOC schedules to try and navigate through. Arizona has the Maui, and road games at Alabama and Uconn. Oregon has Iowa, then most likely Cuse with a game at Houston and Boise State. UW had WKU, a road game at Auburn, neutral site games against Minnesota and Texas A&M, a road game at Gonzaga and a neutral site game against Virginia Tech. I mean that's just a brutal schedule. And USC/UCLA have challenging schedules as well. The Pac 12 really needs to perform better OOC than they did last year. Outside of ASU, the conference struggled some.
ASU will shock some teams! Mark my words.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know if anyone caught the broadcast last game with Ted Robinson and Casey Jacobson but they eventually started talking about the best shooters in the Sean Miller era. Long story short they were rambling on about how Sean Miller teams never shoot the three particularly well and they couldn’t think of any great shooters. Somewhat true but the funniest part is they both basically agreed it was either Gabe York or Nick Johnson.

Apparently everyone has forgotten Lauri Markkanen ever existed as he should have been the unanimous answer almost immediately. He was probably the best shooter since Salim Stoudemire and is continuing to do it in the NBA.

Massive brain fart.

/end rant

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know if anyone caught the broadcast last game with Ted Robinson and Casey Jacobson but they eventually started talking about the best shooters in the Sean Miller era. Long story short they were rambling on about how Sean Miller teams never shoot the three particularly well and they couldn’t think of any great shooters. Somewhat true but the funniest part is they both basically agreed it was either Gabe York or Nick Johnson.

Apparently everyone has forgotten Lauri Markkanen ever existed as he should have been the unanimous answer almost immediately. He was probably the best shooter since Salim Stoudemire and is continuing to do it in the NBA.

Massive brain fart.

/end rant
I heard this too and I also agreed. I had forgotten about Lauri.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pac picking up its conference strength. I like it.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy with the way AZ hustled. Need more than the guards to contribute. Really, really need help off the bench.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU leads the PAC. Dort is for real=33 tonight.

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pac picking up its conference strength. I like it.
Well everyone but Oregon... They need to figure something out quick. PAC play is coming up and will smack them in the mouth if they can't get it right.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are the other PAC 12 teams in the top 25? Muthafuckas gotta love ASU for carrying the load.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are the other PAC 12 teams in the top 25? Muthafuckas gotta love ASU for carrying the load.
Same thing happened last season and then ASU got humbled quickly in conference play.

FORKWDEVIL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same thing happened last season and then ASU got humbled quickly in conference play.
Joe and his early bracket has ASU 8 vs NC State 9. UOFA nowhere to be found. I promise you Dersk that this is a very different ballclub. Trust me.