• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pac 12 basketball

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about all those phone records they got on Miller? I still smell a fish.
BTW Miller has already stated he's talked to him. He was the recruits handler. You have to talk to him to get through to recruit.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phone records link Oregon Ducks to middleman in college basketball scandal
These stories aren't going to go away, but all the talk last year about these scandals taking down college basketball were wildly overblown and now even when new stuff, or rehashed stuff stirs up again, it is no longer causing the schools even to react to them at all.

What kind of evidence would it take to actually bring one of these programs down?

And no, I'm not suggesting this story is actually proof enough of anything. Just more smoke on the water.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruins looked good tonight over ft wayne.

The are a very young team, but long and athletic.

Free throws and offense vs the zone are areas in need of improvement.

7'2" Brown will be FUN to watch this year.

Edit. Wilkes is going to be a force.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda got scared in the 1st half but the 2nd half was so much better for the Huskies

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out gentlemen Dort is for real!

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news: The gradient has been discontinued.

Bad news: It's been replaced with red scotch tape.

Last edited:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news: The gradient has been discontinued.

The bad: It's been replaced with red scotch tape.
Yep, still not the best but it’s better than the past couple seasons.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably should at least be mentioned that Dort did get two overtime periods to break your Freshman record.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ericd7633 what's your take on the Pac12 this season?

I think Oregon is the clear front runner this season. They have the best combination of experience and talented freshman IMO. Pritchard is a player that can win Pac 12 Player of the year. Paul White is a 5th year senior. Ehab Amin is a 5th year senior. Couple that with their top 3 recruiting class, I think they are a notch above everybody else. They can go 8/9 deep with either great talent, experience, or a combination of that.

I'd peg Washington as the 2nd best team this season. But I really think 2-5 could end up in any order between Washington, Arizona USC and UCLA. Washington already has a nice win beating WKU, who I think ends up winning C-USA. So that's a good win for them and for the conference. You would think a team with as many upperclassman as they have would be able to win away from home, but I'm still not sold if they can. We'll get a feel for that tonight when they play at Auburn.

I like Arizona finishing 3rd, which is probably higher than most. This is largely due to Sean Miller and the culture of the program. They are just a tough minded team, and have a true home court advantage, which nobody else can match IMO, outside of Oregon. I know they lost a ton from last year. But they still have some nice pieces. Williams and Randolph might be the best back court in the Pac 12. Both were highly rated out of high school and Randolph has a year of experience. And they have some experience in the frontcourt with Jeter and Luther. Also, I expect a little bit of a jump from Dylan Smith this season.

USC and UCLA should round out the top 5. And after that I feel like there's a pretty big gap. I do expect all 5 of these to make the tournament this season. I think Utah and Colorado have the potential to make the NIT. We'll see what Utah is made of on Tuesday when they travel to take on Minnesota. If they win that game, you can make a case for them to be the 6th team that steps up to make the tournament.

Overall the Pac 12 has some really tough OOC schedules to try and navigate through. Arizona has the Maui, and road games at Alabama and Uconn. Oregon has Iowa, then most likely Cuse with a game at Houston and Boise State. UW had WKU, a road game at Auburn, neutral site games against Minnesota and Texas A&M, a road game at Gonzaga and a neutral site game against Virginia Tech. I mean that's just a brutal schedule. And USC/UCLA have challenging schedules as well. The Pac 12 really needs to perform better OOC than they did last year. Outside of ASU, the conference struggled some.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Oregon is the clear front runner this season. They have the best combination of experience and talented freshman IMO. Pritchard is a player that can win Pac 12 Player of the year. Paul White is a 5th year senior. Ehab Amin is a 5th year senior. Couple that with their top 3 recruiting class, I think they are a notch above everybody else. They can go 8/9 deep with either great talent, experience, or a combination of that.

I'd peg Washington as the 2nd best team this season. But I really think 2-5 could end up in any order between Washington, Arizona USC and UCLA. Washington already has a nice win beating WKU, who I think ends up winning C-USA. So that's a good win for them and for the conference. You would think a team with as many upperclassman as they have would be able to win away from home, but I'm still not sold if they can. We'll get a feel for that tonight when they play at Auburn.

I like Arizona finishing 3rd, which is probably higher than most. This is largely due to Sean Miller and the culture of the program. They are just a tough minded team, and have a true home court advantage, which nobody else can match IMO, outside of Oregon. I know they lost a ton from last year. But they still have some nice pieces. Williams and Randolph might be the best back court in the Pac 12. Both were highly rated out of high school and Randolph has a year of experience. And they have some experience in the frontcourt with Jeter and Luther. Also, I expect a little bit of a jump from Dylan Smith this season.

USC and UCLA should round out the top 5. And after that I feel like there's a pretty big gap. I do expect all 5 of these to make the tournament this season. I think Utah and Colorado have the potential to make the NIT. We'll see what Utah is made of on Tuesday when they travel to take on Minnesota. If they win that game, you can make a case for them to be the 6th team that steps up to make the tournament.

Overall the Pac 12 has some really tough OOC schedules to try and navigate through. Arizona has the Maui, and road games at Alabama and Uconn. Oregon has Iowa, then most likely Cuse with a game at Houston and Boise State. UW had WKU, a road game at Auburn, neutral site games against Minnesota and Texas A&M, a road game at Gonzaga and a neutral site game against Virginia Tech. I mean that's just a brutal schedule. And USC/UCLA have challenging schedules as well. The Pac 12 really needs to perform better OOC than they did last year. Outside of ASU, the conference struggled some.

Thanks for the rundown man, youre breadth of knowledge when it comes to college basketball never ceases to impress me.

I'm quite concerned about Arizona's OOC schedule, just cause I think theyre gonna need some time to come together as a team. They have so little returning play time. The talent is there so hoping it comes together as the season goes along.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I'm with you on Oregon, this should be their year

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the rundown man, youre breadth of knowledge when it comes to college basketball never ceases to impress me.

I'm quite concerned about Arizona's OOC schedule, just cause I think theyre gonna need some time to come together as a team. They have so little returning play time. The talent is there so hoping it comes together as the season goes along.

Thanks man, appreciate that. I pretty much know every team's roster going into the season by doing my preseason bracket, but I enjoy it. And yes, Zona's OOC is very difficult, and most of the difficult games are away from home. The Maui field may be the strongest it has ever been, which is saying something. If they get out of Maui with a winning record I would call that a huge success and probably a couple wins versus future tournament teams.