• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pablo Sandoval.a Giant again

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming he passes a physical, lol. No loss of he bombs for the prorated league minimum. Keep the donuts out of the triple WAS locker room, lol

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not going over well in the fringe...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's not official yet, he can't decide until Friday when he officially clears release waivers.

I don't mind this move in theory, the Giants should be looking at scrap heave guys right now, Sam Dyson is a good example..........

...... but Pablo Sandoval is a completely different story. To me, the reeks of ownership desperate to gets some butts in the season for the rest of this season.

Here's my theory, ownership was interested, the front office was not convinced. Someone in the Giants leaked they were going to sign Sandoval to gauge the fan interest. Front office can say "see, this won't go well" and hopefully we pass on him.

UGH if he signs here.... smh

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's not official yet, he can't decide until Friday when he officially clears release waivers.

I don't mind this move in theory, the Giants should be looking at scrap heave guys right now, Sam Dyson is a good example..........

...... but Pablo Sandoval is a completely different story. To me, the reeks of ownership desperate to gets some butts in the season for the rest of this season.

Here's my theory, ownership was interested, the front office was not convinced. Someone in the Giants leaked they were going to sign Sandoval to gauge the fan interest. Front office can say "see, this won't go well" and hopefully we pass on him.

UGH if he signs here.... smh
It is definitely a no risk move, as far as actual baseball goes. But it makes the org look bad, IMHO. This dude tossed grenades on his way out. That has to have consequences. And he is not a professional. He never was, and likely never will be.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not going over well in the fringe...

This is so dumb. It's just a reminder how crap this year is, there'd be ZERO chance of this if we were competing :tsk:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it means the end of Nunez. He will be traded out to the Red Sox. Also, maybe trade Gallespie too.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it means the end of Nunez. He will be traded out to the Red Sox. Also, maybe trade Gallespie too.
Gonor has zero trade value. Not even for a bag of warped BP balls.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it appears as if the Giants are just giving Pablo a job, instead of sending him to AAA for awhile. Okert is getting sent down.

Meanwhile, Ryder Jones is perfectly healthy in AAA right now.

I hate this season......................................................

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it appears as if the Giants are just giving Pablo a job, instead of sending him to AAA for awhile. Okert is getting sent down.

Meanwhile, Ryder Jones is perfectly healthy in AAA right now.

I hate this season......................................................

Really? Stupid.

But I'd hate this season just as much even without Panda.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Stupid.

But I'd hate this season just as much even without Panda.

It's just the fact that they very clearly suck, but are refusing to admit it/are refusing to capitalize on it where they can, that's making it a lot worse to bare.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just the fact that they very clearly suck, but are refusing to admit it/are refusing to capitalize on it where they can, that's making it a lot worse to bare.

I don't think there's anything to admit, it's obvious they suck. Capitalizing will be interesting to see. They are kind of stuck in a weird limbo. I don't think they can go full teardown White Sox/Astros style. It's just not their way, and they really can't nor should they deal Posey and Bum which is the only way to do that right.

So they will have to make some tough decisions to try to improve. And it may not work, there's no god given right to titles. We went without for 56 years, then got 3 in 5. Maybe we suck again for a while.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's anything to admit, it's obvious they suck. Capitalizing will be interesting to see. They are kind of stuck in a weird limbo. I don't think they can go full teardown White Sox/Astros style. It's just not their way, and they really can't nor should they deal Posey and Bum which is the only way to do that right.

So they will have to make some tough decisions to try to improve. And it may not work, there's no god given right to titles. We went without for 56 years, then got 3 in 5. Maybe we suck again for a while.

These next 8 days will be telling

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These next 8 days will be telling

Agreed I just think if you are hoping for major changes you will likely not see them.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed I just think if you are hoping for major changes you will likely not see them.

I just want to them them take a proactive approach to losing. Instead of milking the vets for poor result, see what you have in the minors. They've sorta half-assed that so far, but injures have played a part though no doubt. They have an opportunity right now that they wouldn't have if they were winning, take advantage of it that's all I want. I was going to give them a pass until the trade deadline. We'll see after that.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want to them them take a proactive approach to losing. Instead of milking the vets for poor result, see what you have in the minors. They've sorta half-assed that so far, but injures have played a part though no doubt. They have an opportunity right now that they wouldn't have if they were winning, take advantage of it that's all I want. I was going to give them a pass until the trade deadline. We'll see after that.

Agreed, the last 2 months should be about playing the kids a lot more. We'll see. The Panda thing isn't a good look.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This.

In addition, how far has MacParker fallen that Calixte keeps getting the call up? Parker just came back from injury, and Mac is hitting about .220 with little power. We sure know how to develop young hitters!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

In addition, how far has MacParker fallen that Calixte keeps getting the call up? Parker just came back from injury, and Mac is hitting about .220 with little power. We sure know how to develop young hitters!
Is it the development team, or the scouting team?

The Giants know how to identify/develop pesky hitters (Panik, Duffy, Craw, Mueller) and turn power hitters into pasty hitters (Posey, Belt, Feliz), but they have not developed a true power guy since the Humm Babies. Duvall may qualify, but I think GAB plays a pretty big part in that.