• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Owusu signed by bucs

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Owusu - WR - Buccaneers Buccaneers signed WR Chris Owusu.
Among the 49ers' final cuts, Owusu was signed off the Chargers' practice squad. At one time considered an early-round prospect, Owusu went undrafted after a concussion-marred senior season at Stanford, but ran a 4.36 40 at the Combine. He caught five passes for 43 yards during the preseason. It's not outside the realm of possibility Owusu eventually contributes for a Bucs team that is remaking its receiver corps.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among the 49ers' final cuts, Owusu was signed off the Chargers' practice squad. At one time considered an early-round prospect, Owusu went undrafted after a concussion-marred senior season at Stanford, but ran a 4.36 40 at the Combine. He caught five passes for 43 yards during the preseason. It's not outside the realm of possibility Owusu eventually contributes for a Bucs team that is remaking its receiver corps.

Good luck to him kind of wish we would have kept him and Palmer but such is life. SN the bucs seem to sign a lot of our former WRs

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was really hoping he would find a way onto the roster

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for him. Hopefully he sticks and gets an actual chance to play.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's too bad. I think he's gonna be a good player.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's one hit away from being scrambled eggs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
don't we have TWO other WR's on the PS? Palmer and ???? (senioritis) if so, then Owusu wasn't close to making the PS.

would've been a nice story but the Coaches know whats best.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish Owusu the best.

I was weirdly pulling for Owusu to make the PS squad (I'm Cal all the way and HATE Stanford, so this is weird for me), similar to a WR the Niners had during the preseason a decade ago with a name like Oliwakandi (I know that's a misspelling of a former NBA player) or something like that.

Either way, the new Niners regime has been correct on most decisions, so I am sure everything will be fine.... or Owusu will have a breakout year immediately after being cut, a la Legarrette Blount.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't we have TWO other WR's on the PS? Palmer and ???? (senioritis) if so, then Owusu wasn't close to making the PS.

would've been a nice story but the Coaches know whats best.

No just Palmer. Tyms didn't sign with anyone and Owusu signed to the Chargers PS

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should've kept him over ginn

If he goes out and does well, you should change your name to shouldakepowusu. You'd only have to change the last three letters.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes out and does well, you should change your name to shouldakepowusu. You'd only have to change the last three letters.

Haha never thought of that but if he plays well I might just do it