• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Overlooked Stat Line of The Day

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If I had to split hairs I would've like to seen Smith take a couple of shots deep and let Davis or Moss compete for it if it was 1 on 1 coverage. Also while I don't want him to be big Ben out there I would like to see him scan the field a bit longer to see if he can hit on a bigger play. The 3rd down conversions are a concern again as well but that's something I believe we'll actually improve on.

But again I'm splitting hairs and he pretty much did exactly what he was supposed to do within the confines of the offense. We're not asking him to air it out like the other guys and we just want him to run a clean and efficient offense.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even though our 3rd down conversion was bad i thought we moved the ball well. our pass protection seems to get exposed when we're in obvious passing downs tho.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like the play calling or audibling went run happy in the second half. I would have really liked to see the first half passing success continue. Staley was a problem for sure.

I'd be interested to see the run/pass ratio in the 2nd half compared to the 1st, because I felt the same way.

Matthews is tough to block, but Staley was blowing it repeatedly. Maybe that busted up nose had him out of sorts.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero INTs.... that's good for me...

There was only one play that sticked out for me, on the VD TD drive. At the goaline(near) he hit Moss but Crabtree snuck behind open as air. Now I know that play was designed for Moss and Alex did so, but if he held a lil longer he could've tossed it to Crabs for an easy TD. No harm no foul, it was really more of a design play than him going through his reads.

So it's not so much of an issue just the only thing close for me ATM.

jimmy_spit.gif

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
My one criticism of him today is not recognizing where to go with the ball quickly enough and getting sacked. Of course the pass blocking remains a big problem though.

My one criticism is that he didn't see a WIDE open Crabby in the end zone the same way he was looking, and he threw is to someone else instead (Moss?) and the Niners had to settle for a FG.

But it's hard to criticize that performance. He had one of the best days of anyone in the NFL yesterday.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My one criticism is that he didn't see a WIDE open Crabby in the end zone the same way he was looking, and he threw is to someone else instead (Moss?) and the Niners had to settle for a FG.

But it's hard to criticize that performance. He had one of the best days of anyone in the NFL yesterday.

I doubt i'm wrong on this lol.... but end result of that drive was a TD to Davis. Cause I recall Akers hitting FG bombs rather than chippers.

Like i said in my post above, the Crabtree play I wish he waited for to see but at the same time, I think that play was designed for Moss, cuz Alex didn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We got the TD to VD on that drive no FG and I understand the criticism but that's a 3 step drop and let it go type of play Crab would have to been open sooner for Smith to have thrown it.

Smith couldn't have known the DB would have stayed with Moss on the slant if he would have pumped maybe he could have lobbed it over top but if is the biggest little word in the world.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zero INTs.... that's good for me...

There was only one play that sticked out for me, on the VD TD drive. At the goaline(near) he hit Moss but Crabtree snuck behind open as air. Now I know that play was designed for Moss and Alex did so, but if he held a lil longer he could've tossed it to Crabs for an easy TD. No harm no foul, it was really more of a design play than him going through his reads.

Yes his primary read was Moss, but one can absolutely tell that based on Crabtree's reaction when he was in the endzone, that that particular had an alternative plan if the main read (Moss) was covered. The way he reacted you can tell that Smith was supposed to go through his progression and not commit and force to execute the Moss read if it is in fact covered. He should have gone to Crab but it's a moot point nonetheless because we came away with the TD nonetheless in that drive.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I doubt i'm wrong on this lol.... but end result of that drive was a TD to Davis.

Now that I think about it, you're right. I was mixing up drives. It was a poor example of field vision, but he made up for it & overall had a great day.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to split hairs I would've like to seen Smith take a couple of shots deep and let Davis or Moss compete for it if it was 1 on 1 coverage. Also while I don't want him to be big Ben out there I would like to see him scan the field a bit longer to see if he can hit on a bigger play. The 3rd down conversions are a concern again as well but that's something I believe we'll actually improve on.

But again I'm splitting hairs and he pretty much did exactly what he was supposed to do within the confines of the offense. We're not asking him to air it out like the other guys and we just want him to run a clean and efficient offense.

Let him throw those passes our receivers need to compete with the defenders against the worse teams or against the better teams later in the season. One, if he screws up in the weaker opponents, we can overcome it and have some practice. Second, later in the season they will know each other better and have a better feel for the offense. Third, if it works, it'll give teams less time to adjust (not really because everyone has a week but it;ll be one less thing they were prepared for), less film, and another facet.

We need to do it because we cannot expect it to suddenly work on the first try. But I don't feel bad we didn't do it in Week 1 against a team that can score quickly off a turnover.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes his primary read was Moss, but one can absolutely tell that based on Crabtree's reaction when he was in the endzone, that that particular had an alternative plan if the main read (Moss) was covered. The way he reacted you can tell that Smith was supposed to go through his progression and not commit and force to execute the Moss read if it is in fact covered. He should have gone to Crab but it's a moot point nonetheless because we came away with the TD nonetheless in that drive.

There was an added benefit of Smith not seeing Crabtree wide open in the endzone, the Niners were able to chew up more time with an added possession on the Davis TD lol

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2 TDs will take that on the road every game! Get Walkers hands healthy, excellent jobs by the Offense!! Go 49ers!!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt i'm wrong on this lol.... but end result of that drive was a TD to Davis. Cause I recall Akers hitting FG bombs rather than chippers.

Like i said in my post above, the Crabtree play I wish he waited for to see but at the same time, I think that play was designed for Moss, cuz Alex didn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

You are not wrong.