• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Over/Under Rated 49ers

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Garcia should be on the underrated list. He never had a very good D to compliment him and he was solid. Especially after filling the shoes of not 1 but 2 HOF QB's. You knew they were never going to win the big one, but at least they won games and were entertaining... on offense at least.

agree.

granted T.O. played a part in it, but Garcia wasn't fully appreciated for his own play. although no one will admit it now, how he looked and talked, played a part.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just because a player was bad (McQuarters, Carter, Barlow) doesn't make them overrated.

Floyd was great before he destroyed his knee.

By the way, I was one of the few screaming at the top of my lungs for the Niners not to re-sign Barlow (and Ahmed Plummer). Terry Donahue = worst GM ever.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just because a player was bad (McQuarters, Carter, Barlow) doesn't make them overrated.

Floyd was great before he destroyed his knee.

By the way, I was one of the few screaming at the top of my lungs for the Niners not to re-sign Barlow (and Ahmed Plummer). Terry Donahue = worst GM ever.

I liked Floyd too before he went down. Barlow had to have been THE most infuriating player I've ever seen. Missed his calling as a twinkle toe ballerina.

aarrgghh

Senior Junior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awful relative to where they were taken or the contracts they got.

RW McQuarters, for the Niners at least, was not good. 11 starts in two years before we got rid of him.

Dexter Carter was a first round pick whose biggest contribution - by far - came as a return man. He had 1700 combined rushing and receiving yards and seven TDs over a seven-year career.

Barlow is the best of the bunch, and he was never more than a complementary back. He was a tolerable player, but only that.

I think Floyd was pretty good, I just think he's often regarded as being better than he actually was. He wasn't a true blocking FB, and wasn't great with the ball in his hands.
OK, thanks for clarifying that. I'm much more in agreement now. :)