• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our upcoming game.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks and Eagles rarely play a game and since this weeks matchup has some importance, I thought I would take a chance to see if we can get some football talk going so we can learn about each other's team while enjoying a little smack as we go.
Of course, you folks might consider me a troll and blast this thread. If so, no sweat and I will run along.
I will start and see if this thread has any legs.

The Eagles are known as a fast paced offensive juggernaught. Seattle is known for it's league leading defense.
Do you think the Eagles will struggle against Seattle's D? How many points would you guess your team scores in this game? How is your teams healthy regarding offensive players? Do you expect lots of hurry up offense?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are pretty healthy, although missing our starting ILB, Demeco Ryans. the replacements played well in his place on Thanksgiving. Our D dominated Dallas, as you saw. The key will be keeping Lynch under 100 yards, and giving up any long passes. Your D is tough, but I think we will score enough to win a hard fought close game. An early prediction:
Eagles - 27
Seahawks - 20

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly, the Seahawks front 4 is smallish. The Seahawks also lost depth last Winter. What the Eagles will do is run play after play, VERY quickly, so that the Seahawks will be unable to substitute. IF they can stay with them, then they stand a very good chance of limiting the Eagles scoring. If they can't, then they stand a very good chance of getting McCoy, Sproles, and Polk shoved down their throats. The Eagles have THE best offensive line in the league.
Offensively, the Seahawks receivers are mediocre at best. That means that their offense will depend on Lynch and whatever running Wilson does. Also, the Seahawks will have to travel cross country and they will NOT have the advantage of the home field noise.
The Eagles ALSO have THE best special teams in the NFL.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is a head scratcher. It all comes down to chip killy and billy davis.

If we run the football, specifically with polk right down mathis' back side and move quickly, I think we can win big. If we throw the football more than 35 times, we are gonna lose big.

My worry, isnt even Russell wilson, its marshawn lynch. Mathews is cake-soft and nate allen is a dripping vagina. Kendricks, and our dline is top notch, and they will need to be.

Im taking the eagles 28-24

For 3 reasons

1. Seattle has to travel 3,000 miles, to play in a hostile environment, vs a team that tires opponents pretty quickly. It was crazy seeing dallas sucking oxygen masks in the second quarter.

2. Our oline is BALLING, and its finally mostly healthy. Our left side, is first team all pro (literally) our center is top 5, lane johnson is probowl caliber and we are beating dlines up.

3.fletcher cox, bennie logan, Cedric thornton, beau allen, etc make a very good tough front rotation, if they can hold the line, we should win.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are pretty healthy, although missing our starting ILB, Demeco Ryans. the replacements played well in his place on Thanksgiving. Our D dominated Dallas, as you saw. The key will be keeping Lynch under 100 yards, and giving up any long passes. Your D is tough, but I think we will score enough to win a hard fought close game. An early prediction:
Eagles - 27
Seahawks - 20
Good post Duke. Interesting that you pick 27 as the Eagles final score. One of the Seahawk posters said that if the Eagles score less than 27 they have been winless this season. At 27 or above they haven't lost.
The Seattle D gives up an average of 18 points a game but that unit has gotten healthy with 10 of 11 starters back in our last game.
Seattle leads the league in rushing. It is not just Lynch that must be accounted for but also Russell Wilson who leads the league in rushing for QBs and has 679 yards, 4TD's and a whopping 7.5 yard per carry average.
I can see Seattle putting up 17-20 points in this game but I doubt Philly gets 27, only because we are regaining health defensively.
It will be interesting to see what the line is for this game. My guess, Phi -2.5.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really can be no denying how good the Seahawks defense is. I think offensively they are vastly overrated. I have gone on record and repeat my statement that I think Russell Wilson is overrated. You contain his running and make him beat you in the pocket and he is a different QB. You let him escape the pocket and he does give to fits with his running ability. I think the Eagles on defense are fast enough to keep him contained.

Defensively I am not sure what to expect. The Seahawks will not have faced an offense like ours. They may have faced teams with better talent as far as players go but the speed of this offense my wind up being too much for them. The have outstanding CB's and while our receivers are not great the way this offense is run can cause issues but to be honest I have no clue. No one really doubles any of our corners so I am not sure what game plan will be ran.

I am sure all the pundits give the Eagles no chance which may work in their favor.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly, the Seahawks front 4 is smallish. The Seahawks also lost depth last Winter. What the Eagles will do is run play after play, VERY quickly, so that the Seahawks will be unable to substitute. IF they can stay with them, then they stand a very good chance of limiting the Eagles scoring. If they can't, then they stand a very good chance of getting McCoy, Sproles, and Polk shoved down their throats. The Eagles have THE best offensive line in the league.
Offensively, the Seahawks receivers are mediocre at best. That means that their offense will depend on Lynch and whatever running Wilson does. Also, the Seahawks will have to travel cross country and they will NOT have the advantage of the home field noise.
The Eagles ALSO have THE best special teams in the NFL.
I would guess is we are a little smaller on the DL as I think Pete prefers smaller faster over bigger slower at that position.
Yes, we lost depth on O/D/ and ST's. People were correct in predicting losing players to FA after winning the SB. Most losses were on the DL.
We have done well against the no huddle even without being able to substitute as much as we like.
It will be hard to run against us even though we lost our best run defender in Mebane, yet your team does have a solid run game. If you can run well, we are probably toast when figuring in your pass game.
Correct, our WR's are pedestrian but are highly efficient and reliable.
You will have to convince me that your ST's out perform ours. I say ST's are a toss up.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the primary issue is how the defense will be able to deal with Wilson. If they can keep him in check, I would say the Eagles are the better team. I think that this being at home (for the Eagles) helps as well.

The Eagles' strength is the rush defense, so I have every confidence in them being able to contain Lynch. In general, the Eagles front-seven should be among the best, if not the best, the Seahawks will face all year. It will be an interesting match up, for sure.

Yes, the Seahawks are getting healthy, but I would also say they have not faced an offense coming close to ours. It will be an interesting challenge, which I think the Eagles will win in the end...

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhsplit:
I know the Seahawks D is great. I was being conservative with the 27 points. Even though Dallas sucks, if Sanchez cleaned up a couple of series, we would have scored 50+ against Dallas. I think we will score at least 27 points, but not in the 50 range. Carroll would not let the game slip away that far. i think this will be a great game, unlike the way we were too conservative v.s Green Bay.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game is a head scratcher. It all comes down to chip killy and billy davis.

If we run the football, specifically with polk right down mathis' back side and move quickly, I think we can win big. If we throw the football more than 35 times, we are gonna lose big.

My worry, isnt even Russell wilson, its marshawn lynch. Mathews is cake-soft and nate allen is a dripping vagina. Kendricks, and our dline is top notch, and they will need to be.

Im taking the eagles 28-24

For 3 reasons

1. Seattle has to travel 3,000 miles, to play in a hostile environment, vs a team that tires opponents pretty quickly. It was crazy seeing dallas sucking oxygen masks in the second quarter.

2. Our oline is BALLING, and its finally mostly healthy. Our left side, is first team all pro (literally) our center is top 5, lane johnson is probowl caliber and we are beating dlines up.

3.fletcher cox, bennie logan, Cedric thornton, beau allen, etc make a very good tough front rotation, if they can hold the line, we should win.

Very good points. Our DL lost some depth and lost a great player in run stuffer Mebane. Your OL does give me concern as our DB's can only cover for so long and if you can run effectively, that could be our death knell.
I would be extremely worried about Russell running the ball. Also he is killer on broken plays.
We are learning to travel well and while there is no place like home the team welcomes the challenge of a road game.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would guess is we are a little smaller on the DL as I think Pete prefers smaller faster over bigger slower at that position.

Andy Reid had that same mentality. He always wanted to throw fastballs at the offense. Seems we always wore down int he 2nd half especially to good running teams and big offense lines.

Seattle is the defending Champion so I do not take this game lightly. It will be a good test to see where the Eagles are as a team. I am very interested to see how the Seattle defense plays when they have to defend the whole field every 22.3 seconds.

I am not sure who will win but not playing you in Seattle is a bit plus! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, we lost depth on O/D/ and ST's. People were correct in predicting losing players to FA after winning the SB. Most losses were on the DL.
We have done well against the no huddle even without being able to substitute as much as we like.
It will be hard to run against us even though we lost our best run defender in Mebane, yet your team does have a solid run game. If you can run well, we are probably toast when figuring in your pass game.
Correct, our WR's are pedestrian but are highly efficient and reliable.
You will have to convince me that your ST's out perform ours. I say ST's are a toss up.

The Seahawks have NOT seen a no huddle offense like the Eagles have.
Look it up. The Eagles have the most special teams and defensive TD's in the NFL.
On defense, the Eagles have the SECOND most sacks.
If they control Lynch and keep Wilson in check, the Eagles will win EASILY.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me the primary issue is how the defense will be able to deal with Wilson. If they can keep him in check, I would say the Eagles are the better team. I think that this being at home (for the Eagles) helps as well.

The Eagles' strength is the rush defense, so I have every confidence in them being able to contain Lynch. In general, the Eagles front-seven should be among the best, if not the best, the Seahawks will face all year. It will be an interesting match up, for sure.

Yes, the Seahawks are getting healthy, but I would also say they have not faced an offense coming close to ours. It will be an interesting challenge, which I think the Eagles will win in the end...

It is hard to argue your points except that I don't see the rush D as the Eagles strong suit. They are rated 13th in yards allowed. I have confidence both Wilson and Lynch can run against that D. Counting team rushing Denver-129, Az-124, SF-157, and Wash-225 all have higher rated run defenses that Phi and I showed you those results of our rushing against those teams this year. Yet, these games are about how we match up, not really about who beat who.
Regarding your front 7, we play division opponents Az, SF, and StL as having some of the best front 7 in the league.
Also, we have faced Rodgers, P Manning, Rivers, and Romo this year but went 2-2- against them:doh:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks have NOT seen a no huddle offense like the Eagles have.
Look it up. The Eagles have the most special teams and defensive TD's in the NFL.
On defense, the Eagles have the SECOND most sacks.
If they control Lynch and keep Wilson in check, the Eagles will win EASILY.
I agree that if Phi can control Lynch and keep Wilson in check, your team should win. The book is out on how to beat us and every team tries to do exactly that, stuff both Marshawn and Russell. Most teams fail in their attempt because at least one of those guys seems to go off.
Note that Seattle has not lost by more than 9 points since the middle of the 2011 season. Winning EASILY would be quite an accomplishment:suds:

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Reid had that same mentality. He always wanted to throw fastballs at the offense. Seems we always wore down int he 2nd half especially to good running teams and big offense lines.

Seattle is the defending Champion so I do not take this game lightly. It will be a good test to see where the Eagles are as a team. I am very interested to see how the Seattle defense plays when they have to defend the whole field every 22.3 seconds.

I am not sure who will win but not playing you in Seattle is a bit plus! :D

Yes, home field is a great advantage but we get to visit you this time.
Pete loves to rotate his DL often throughout the game and your hurry up can affect that. That can be a concern, but our pass D can protect fairly well which can slow down a hurry up after incomplete passes.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be ALL hurry up Offense. Thats just what we do.

We match up well vs the Hawks D because we can & do run the ball well. A one-dimensional pass O has almost no chance vs the Hawks. See Broncos last year. Id expect Shady to have a good game. Sproles to be used more than usual & the TEs + Matthews to be big factors.

That said..a fast D like Seattles is a good matchup vs our O. Less likely to tire out vs a big physical D. I think our D will handle Seattles O no problem. We are good vs the run.

I got the Eagles (mostly because we are at home)...winning 23-13. Should be an entertaining game. Been eyeing this one for the longest. If it was in Seatlle..I'd probably predict a close loss to the Hawks.

Big key will be Sanchez not turning it over. If he doesnt. We'll win. IMO.

Top 3 teams in NFC are Green Bay, Seattle & Philly...one of them will be in the Super Bowl. So this should be a good test for both teams. Huge in terms of home field adv. in playoffs, byes & even just getting in. THIS GAME IS PRETTY HUGE.

Last edited by a moderator:

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note that Seattle has not lost by more than 9 points since the middle of the 2011 season. :suds:

Thats pretty amazing. Hopefully we break that streak. :hope:

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest worry is Wilson's scrambling ability ... against the Pokes we were able to dominate the LOS because there wasn't any threat of Romo (a less than 100% one at that) slipping out and burning us for 20 yards with his legs. The Eagles need to find a way to contain Wilson in the pocket and make him beat us from there. Most of his damage is done outside the pocket in an early (and smarter) McNabb kind of way.

On Offense we need to keep up the tempo like we usually do ... with a healthier OL and Shady looking like himself again, we should do ok in that area. Sanchez needs to keep playing that game manager role and not try to do too much. Keep rolling out and staying away from the tight passes if at all possible.

Prediction: 24 to 20 Eagles win. Home field advantage allows us to eek this one out. If this were in Seattle I'd say Seattle by 7 or 8 ... but it's in Philly, so I'm keeping the faith.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard to argue your points except that I don't see the rush D as the Eagles strong suit. They are rated 13th in yards allowed. I have confidence both Wilson and Lynch can run against that D. Counting team rushing Denver-129, Az-124, SF-157, and Wash-225 all have higher rated run defenses that Phi and I showed you those results of our rushing against those teams this year. Yet, these games are about how we match up, not really about who beat who.
Regarding your front 7, we play division opponents Az, SF, and StL as having some of the best front 7 in the league.
Also, we have faced Rodgers, P Manning, Rivers, and Romo this year but went 2-2- against them:doh:

Total yardage stats, especially for the Eagles, are completely misleading - simply because of the fact how the Eagles play (Chip Kelly's speed on offense), and the amount of time the Eagles defense spends on the field. Looking at yards per attempt, the Eagles rank 7th.

The Dallas Cowboys were supposed to run all over the Eagles, indeed, everybody expected the Dallas O-line to dominate; I assume you saw how that worked out last Thursday.

Also, the Eagles rank 2nd in sacks this year, and almost all are sacks by the front-seven. Likewise they rank 1st in the league in forced fumbles. And - judging by how the season has gone so far - the Eagles are due points by ST and/or the defense... (I am hoping for a blocked FG return)...

This game will be a very good test for the Eagles, but I see them having a good chance to win it.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the Eagles' toughest remaining game. Both teams will be well rested after playing on Thanksgiving. I see this as one that could go either way...but my gut tells me close loss at home. I think Sanchez will commit some turnovers in this one.