• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our pass rush is crucial for the Tampa game

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far in this young season, there may not be a bigger litmus test for our front 7 than the upcoming Bucs game. While their offense is pretty much one dimensional, that single dimension has been insanely formidable. They are 30th in rushing, yet 1st in passing. I like our secondary, I think it's actually a bit underrated. But they will be hard pressed to hold the fort without significant help from the front 7, and more specifically the pass rush. Yes, we have to keep the run in check as well, but it's the success or lack thereof with the pass rush that will determine how much we keep TB from crossing the endzone. Here's to hoping Fangio comes up with a good gameplan.

Oh and I don't buy for one moment the "mystery" as to who will start at QB for the Bucs Sunday, now that Winston has returned from suspension. Fitzpatrick will start. As if.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far in this young season, there may not be a bigger litmus test for our front 7 than the upcoming Bucs game. While their offense is pretty much one dimensional, that single dimension has been insanely formidable. They are 30th in rushing, yet 1st in passing. I like our secondary, I think it's actually a bit underrated. But they will be hard pressed to hold the fort without significant help from the front 7, and more specifically the pass rush. Yes, we have to keep the run in check as well, but it's the success or lack thereof with the pass rush that will determine how much we keep TB from crossing the endzone. Here's to hoping Fangio comes up with a good gameplan.

Oh and I don't buy for one moment the "mystery" as to who will start at QB for the Bucs Sunday, now that Winston has returned from suspension. Fitzpatrick will start. As if.

sooooo..thanks to your as if end. I had to reread that whole post in Wayne
Campbell's voice

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think that they start Fitz and then reassess the situation after their week 5 bye.

They have no run game to this point. I doubt that it suddenly makes an impact on the road against our front seven.

They're going to have to throw a lot. Which I think benefits us. Our pass rush will be able to pin their ears back and go. I am keeping an outside prayer going that they turn to the rusty and much less mobile Winston. However, I find it highly unlikely.

The secondary is just as pivotal and they've been great to this point. Tampa has a fine crop of weapons in the pass game between Evans, Jackson, Godwin and Howard. Roquan's athleticism could potentially be pivotal in helping to shutdown Howard going down the middle.

To be honest... Overall, I just like this matchup. Our strength on D matches up with their strength and they're really a one trick pony. Their D has not been impressive (90 points in 3 games or something...) and they've gotten shredded by opposing QB's.

It could be a good opportunity for Trub to have a corner turning game. Just saying...

I like us in this spot.

Bears 27
Tampa 17

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our pass rush will come through. I’m worried more about the secondary. Especially if prince is out. I’m not so sure we can handle Evans, Jackson, and Godwin with our corners fully healthy.

Hopefully Trubisky has time to settle down and get into a groove before the bye week.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pass rush is crucial in every game we play.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pass rush is crucial in every game we play.
Of course it is. I wasn't implying that the unit could take it easy in other games, but we're facing what has so far turned out to be one of the most potent passing offenses in the league. Getting to the QB or at least making him hurry his throws seems to carry a greater urgency this week than it might in others.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the offense may have received the larger props today (and it's about time for them to get in the spotlight), it still goes back to how the Bears pressured the Bucs for much of the game, and most importantly when it counted most, early on. Credit to Fangio for a great game plan, as well as Mack and the DL for the intensity they showed. Fitzpatrick looked confused and overwhelmed while in there. The D took a little bit off the pedal in the 2nd half where the Bucs got most of their yardage in garbage time.