• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our friends at Rivals.com

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Threaten to lawyer up. They'll give you your $$ back.
I see you vtff
lawyer-dog-lassie.jpg

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send your story to The Consumerist. I know that they've posted up stories like yours before and actually had the companies in question fix the problem after it was posted up. If nothing else, it will put an ugly smear on them.

I will do so, sir! Thank you.

Rocco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am going to give them a couple of days to respond and go from there. I know a lot of other peole have issues with them. If I get no response, it is on!

I wouldn't wait. The longer you wait the greater the chance is that the bank can't do anything.

VT_John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So - Brian Mohr left HokieHaven.com today. Does anyone here have any insight as to what happened? In a span of a few months all the insiders left to create the 247 site - then Brian bailed. Seemed odd, as I didn't get a feeling there was any tension (at least on the boards) with the possible exception of some blowback from Kirven choosing Bama.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send your story to The Consumerist. I know that they've posted up stories like yours before and actually had the companies in question fix the problem after it was posted up. If nothing else, it will put an ugly smear on them.

If you do that, make sure to emphasize the being a mod for a FREE recruiting site focusing on the Hokies. Hell, we may gain a few lurkers that way. :heh:

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The only time I've ever had a charge dispute of any kind, I handled it with the CC company. They can suppossedly fix everything from errors or fraud, to undelivered or terrible products and services, although conditions may apply. In my case, a resturant fudged up my bill (the charge was not what the reciept said) and wouldn't fix the charge. I struggled with the manager for a while, then called up AMEX. AMEX was fast and they went beyond fixing the error, they wiped the charge off completely (don't know if they wrote it off themselves or stuck it to the resturant). The point is CC companies have leverage and love good costumers, so don't rule that out if nothing else works. I'm sure there is a statute of limitations, but even after you pay the monthly bill you can dispute something.

I hope that Rivals makes it right before anyone else has to get involved. Good luck.

{Edit. Crap, I misread. You have a bank card. I'm sure they can help in a similar fashion. I'll keep the rest of the post for general info. Still, good luck}

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have filed a report with the BBB (did this Friday, got confirmation today) asking for my last two years of fees returned. I have also filed a charge dispute with my bank. Interestingly, they mentioned that this was not the first dispute that they have had with this vendor. They feel pretty confident about things. I will also file a complaint with the Consumerist as I don't want other college kids (who may not have the understanding or where with all to dispute this) to be duped and I wnt them to understand how to combat this.

Thanks for the input guys!

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So - Brian Mohr left HokieHaven.com today. Does anyone here have any insight as to what happened? In a span of a few months all the insiders left to create the 247 site - then Brian bailed. Seemed odd, as I didn't get a feeling there was any tension (at least on the boards) with the possible exception of some blowback from Kirven choosing Bama.

The guy who heads up Tech's 247 site, CZY, had been one of the primary sources of info for Brian and HokieHaven. Without getting into a lot of details that will do little but stir the pot, let's just say that there was indeed an internal falling out.

Brian eventually left because he now lives in New York. From what I understand, that move took place before the falling out took place. Just my opinion, but it's got to be hard to be effective at running a recruiting service website when you don't live in the same state.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
@vt-john and TAE:

I heard brian simply took a better less involved job :noidea:. FWIW i wasnt brians biggest fan, we had a disagreement years ago, but i will miss his articles etc etc. I may rejoin HH if the guy from kentucky keeps up the coverage.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YAHOO got back to me today in response to the BBB. They have said they would refund my payment for this coming year. It has not cleared yet, though. They refuse to refund the prorated 11 months from last year, however. I am not sure how to proceed. It seems fine. I can give a neutral response to BBB and leave it at that once the money clears.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YAHOO got back to me today in response to the BBB. They have said they would refund my payment for this coming year. It has not cleared yet, though. They refuse to refund the prorated 11 months from last year, however. I am not sure how to proceed. It seems fine. I can give a neutral response to BBB and leave it at that once the money clears.

Stick to your guns. You have something back and it costs you nothing to stick with it.