• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our friends at Rivals.com

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(this is directed at the guys who run Rivals, not Brian Mohr who has been helpful and cordial throughout this process)

OK, so as you guys know, I had my Rivals account shut down due to my affiliation with SportsHoopla. I am a moderator, not some kind of guru, but regardless, they said because I was a "moderator", I could not be associated tih them.

Fine. We went our merry ways. I was banned one month after $99.99 was charged to my credit card for the year, however. I assumed, that would be pro-rated back to me, since we left on good terms and i did not violate any of their terms and services. That never happened.

Here is the kicker though. A couple days ago, i was charged $99.99 AGAIN for another year of access to a site that I am denied access too. No big deal, I figured. It was probably some clerical error. I called customer service.

I was charged 4/23/2012, btw. Today is 4/27/2012.

They told me it was un-refundable. What???? I politely made it clear to the customer service rep that I had been banned from the site due to being affiliated with another site, and the onus was not on ME to cancel my own subscription, THAT HAD BEEN DE-ACTIVATED BY THEM. She kept going on and on about the terms of service and how there were no refunds. I kept telling her that I understood that, but I was not an active member and had been BANNED BY THE SITE!

Finally she offered me a year of access to any other site. Umm, I don't want access to any other site. OK, she said she would do me a favor and cancel my subscription. FANTASTIC!!!! Did this mean that I would get my money back? No no no. She was just canceling it and keeping my money.

....are you shitting me

She is going to call me back in a couple of days. Any advice? I have already dropped the better business bureau bomb on them and called their practices outrageous and crooked. Give me some ammo boys. Someone is fucking with one of your SportsHoopla brethren, specifically for being a member of SportsHoopla.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly why I don't sign up for subscriptions. My tactic would be to make their life a living hell until they finally issue a refund. And I would love to see in Rivals "terms and agreement" section where moderating this free discussion board is violating anything.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is your credit card company? I would go to them first.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It is my check card, through PNC bank. I just filed a complaint aimed at Yahoo with BBB, ftr....

I will call my bank as well.
If they cant help call in the big guns...
10186606.jpg

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly why I don't sign up for subscriptions. My tactic would be to make their life a living hell until they finally issue a refund. And I would love to see in Rivals "terms and agreement" section where moderating this free discussion board is violating anything.

christ,you might want to check with them before umpiring a pickup softball game.

WTF?

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just ended my Rivals subscription last month and man it's like pulling teeth trying to do it. I've never seen anything more difficult to cancel. I can only imagine how much of a pain you'll be in trying to get your money back.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
1st like others have said call your CC company - they know all the big words and such so they'll take care of it.

2nd LMAO @ EVanG - Rep has been rewarded

3rd I guess rivals was ready to get rid of me, i just called costumer service and turned down all there offers and discounts and within an hour couldnt log in.

4th eff rivals.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivals is shit.. I hope you get your money and your problem worked out 46.

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is my check card, through PNC bank. I just filed a complaint aimed at Yahoo with BBB, ftr....

I will call my bank as well.

You may want to do one of those petitions used by political activists. Explain your situation and explain why you believe it to be an unfair and fraudulent business practice. Indicate what you've done to attempt to get Rivals to refund your money. Have the recepient be the top executive at Rivals.

Send it everyone you know inside and outside of Rivals (SportsHoopla, for instance), and then have them forward it to people they know. Use Twitter and Facebook as additional tools to market the petition.

Additionally, ask everyone to whom you send the petition to also call the Rivals "customer service" to complain about the no-refund rule, regardless of whether or not they intend to cancel their accounts. Have them also call the top dog at Rivals and do the same thing.

Could get interesting. :boink:

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am going to give them a couple of days to respond and go from there. I know a lot of other peole have issues with them. If I get no response, it is on!

Just so you know, I had the same issue when Brian booted me from HokieHaven. No refund. REALLY pissed me off and I haven't forgotten.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I have a couple of things up my sleeve. If SportsHoopla/Twitter etc. have done anything for me, it has given me a voice and a network.

I have made a few calls to an attorney buddy of mine. We will see what happens.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Threaten to lawyer up. They'll give you your $$ back.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Send your story to The Consumerist. I know that they've posted up stories like yours before and actually had the companies in question fix the problem after it was posted up. If nothing else, it will put an ugly smear on them.