• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our first half schedule for the season isn't super hard.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the first half I think we get off pretty easy, if there is such a thing in the NFL. The toughest teams are Houston and SF. Then there is Indy and St.Louis in the mid-toughness group. The rest aren't easy but should be beatable based on last years play.

The downside to the first half is that 5 out of 8 are on the road, and 3 of the 5 road games are early starts. If the Hawks can overcome that and win 5 or 6 out of the 8 I think that will set them up pretty well for the last 8 games, the majority at Century link.

I can't wait for the season to start. I'm jonesing for some football!!

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and at first glance people were concerned about the end of the season which I disagree entirely it's mid season that is my concern.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a mailbag by Clayton today and he talked about the 10 am starts. Apparently there are 4 designated schedule-makers (he lists them by name) and they use a software program to figure it all out. They have the ability to write things in to make sure those things don't occur in the schedule if at all possible, but they have yet to write in fewer 10 am PT starts for the games involving west coast teams. The article mentions that in addition to the Seahawks having 5 such games on their schedule, the Raiders have 5 and the Chargers have six(!). I understand that the league doesn't want to lose all of their 1 pm ET starts, but the west coast teams are getting screwed here.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a mailbag by Clayton today and he talked about the 10 am starts. Apparently there are 4 designated schedule-makers (he lists them by name) and they use a software program to figure it all out. They have the ability to write things in to make sure those things don't occur in the schedule if at all possible, but they have yet to write in fewer 10 am PT starts for the games involving west coast teams. The article mentions that in addition to the Seahawks having 5 such games on their schedule, the Raiders have 5 and the Chargers have six(!). I understand that the league doesn't want to lose all of their 1 pm ET starts, but the west coast teams are getting screwed here.

If that's true and it could be so easily fixed it really is infuriating and supports the long held notion of east coast bias.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's true and it could be so easily fixed it really is infuriating and supports the long held notion of east coast bias.

Yeah. They just don't seem interested in fixing it.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't research every team, but at a quick glance, New England (4), Pittsburgh (3), Baltimore (4), Green Bay (3), New York Giants (3), Washington (4) and Atlanta (3) all play fewer road 1 pm est games than Seattle, San Diego and Oakland. There's something very, very wrong with that.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really isn't a conspiracy of any kind it is just an accident of Geography. When you look at the map most of the teams are boxed up on the East Coast. Although I agree that if there is such a rule that prohibits East Coast teams from making more than 2 West Coast trips then there should also be a rule that prohibits West Coast teams from playing more than 2 10am games. Fair is Fair.

NFL-team_map_edited-1.jpg

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the first half I think we get off pretty easy, if there is such a thing in the NFL. The toughest teams are Houston and SF. Then there is Indy and St.Louis in the mid-toughness group. The rest aren't easy but should be beatable based on last years play.

The downside to the first half is that 5 out of 8 are on the road, and 3 of the 5 road games are early starts. If the Hawks can overcome that and win 5 or 6 out of the 8 I think that will set them up pretty well for the last 8 games, the majority at Century link.

I can't wait for the season to start. I'm jonesing for some football!!

Done!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow Harold, you did some diggin' to find that post. Looks good though. Just call me Nostradamus.

I'm McLovin our second half schedule with 5 out of 8 at the Clink and the fact that some of the teams that I thought were going to be extremely good have imploded. We should be able to do some damage and hopefully secure that all important first round bye.

I was jonesing for football then, and even though we are hip deep in it I'm still jonesing for Monday night. I could watch the Hawks play every day. Go Hawks!!

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of interesting to think that what we thought some of the hardest games for the Hawks would be, turned out to be on paper a lot easier. Gotta love the NFL

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that nobody saw the Giants and Falcons falling so far, so fast this year. It's for that reason, though, that I think it's too easy to look at those two games on the schedule and say "Well, those games may be easier than we thought". We've talked a bit about how one game or another could have been a trap game if the Seahawks weren't careful, but none of those teams have both the talent and the recent history of success that the Giants and Falcons do. They might both be playing well below expectations this year, but if the Seahawks catch themselves looking toward, say, the Saints game while they're playing Atlanta or the playoffs while they're playing New York, both of those teams are capable of taking advantage of that, especially since both of these games are being played away from Seattle.

Now, I don't really think that any of the players are gonna do that and I know that what we say here doesn't have an impact on how games turn out, but I still feel uncomfortable treating those two games as anything other than the challenges everybody expected them to be coming into the season. Those teams are bound to catch somebody napping this year.