• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our FA list is much bigger than I thought

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh...I think Mizzell has compromising photos of Nagy.

I mean, he had 9 rushing attempts. He proved to be a capable receiver, IMO - 8 catches on 10 targets for 78 yards and a TD.

Surprised to see hate for him here. I thought he showed some promise. I certainly cannot see where he did anything wrong.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, he had 9 rushing attempts. He proved to be a capable receiver, IMO - 8 catches on 10 targets for 78 yards and a TD.

Surprised to see hate for him here. I thought he showed some promise. I certainly cannot see where he did anything wrong.

Weakest link on the team, by a landslide.

The only thing he did was take carries away from two better backs. I understand the element of surprise with him, and also using him late for a touch or two to spell the others, but for the most part, every time he came in the game, I scratched my head as to WHY.

And don't even get me started on how bad he was as a returner. I cringed every time he brought one out of the endzone, and obviously the team felt the same, as they had their rookie receiver with 17 dislocated shoulders returning for the last quarter of the season.

I don't hate the kid, but he is about as exciting as stale bread.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only thing he did was take carries away from two better backs. I understand the element of surprise with him, and also using him late for a touch or two to spell the others, but for the most part, every time he came in the game, I scratched my head as to WHY.

And don't even get me started on how bad he was as a returner. I cringed every time he brought one out of the endzone, and obviously the team felt the same, as they had their rookie receiver with 17 dislocated shoulders returning for the last quarter of the season.

lol...…….

And yeah,they used him in the very 1st series vs the Eagles...……..I never understood why...……
2nd down and 4 and they hand the ball off to mizzell for -1 yd...…….Where was Howard and why was Cohen in on the play...…..?...…….dumb

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with those numbers is when he's out on the field the defense is going to adjust for the pass, because he can't run for shit. I don't hate the guy, hell I don't hate any player (altho Cam Newton comes close). I simply believe we can do much better with another player to serve as our #3 RB.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find you writing off a running back after 9 carries, who also had success receiving to be odd...

To be honest, I can't really fathom a reason to dislike him as a RB... or like him. I don't give a shit about his kick return ability. That's neither here nor there.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with those numbers is when he's out on the field the defense is going to adjust for the pass, because he can't run for shit. I don't hate the guy, hell I don't hate any player (altho Cam Newton comes close). I simply believe we can do much better with another player to serve as our #3 RB.

Do you have numbers on that by any chance? Most of Mizzell's carries, I remember him having little chance and receiving contact behind the line of scrimmage.

Adjusting for the pass also doesn't explain away his success (in a limited) role in the passing game.

No offense LSD, but I think you're talking out of your ass there.

I also think you are greatly overestimating the average ability of a 3rd string RB. They're 3rd string RB's for a reason.

Most of all... at this stage, I just don't even really get how anyone could POSSESS AN OPINION on Mizzell as an NFL RB. His grade should be totally incomplete.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find you writing off a running back after 9 carries, who also had success receiving to be odd...

To be honest, I can't really fathom a reason to dislike him as a RB... or like him. I don't give a shit about his kick return ability. That's neither here nor there.
I find supporting one after 9 carries to be equally odd.

Dude does literally nothing, but it's odd that someone doesn't like him??

And holy shit, an NFL player can catch the fucking ball!? Get this man a contract.:whoppdeedoo:

You don't understand how anyone can form an opinion on him, yet you clearly have formed an opinion on him.

Benny Cunningham>>>>>Mizzell.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't get why everyone is done on Howard, when he still has a year left on a cheap contract?

Utilize him properly, and the kid is still a beast.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have numbers on that by any chance? Most of Mizzell's carries, I remember him having little chance and receiving contact behind the line of scrimmage.

Adjusting for the pass also doesn't explain away his success (in a limited) role in the passing game.

No offense LSD, but I think you're talking out of your ass there.

I also think you are greatly overestimating the average ability of a 3rd string RB. They're 3rd string RB's for a reason.

Most of all... at this stage, I just don't even really get how anyone could POSSESS AN OPINION on Mizzell as an NFL RB. His grade should be totally incomplete.

So let's make him our starting RB???

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find supporting one after 9 carries to be equally odd.

Dude does literally nothing, but it's odd that someone doesn't like him??

And holy shit, an NFL player can catch the fucking ball!? Get this man a contract.:whoppdeedoo:

You don't understand how anyone can form an opinion on him, yet you clearly have formed an opinion on him.

Benny Cunningham>>>>>Mizzell.

I don't support him... where did you get that? The whole point is that it's absurd (IMO) to form much of an opinion either way.

And holy shit, an NFL player can catch the fucking ball!? Get this man a contract.

This is just confusing and I think you're morphing into Beardown dick mode (which I like, so don't get it twisted)... However, yeah... I'm evaluating his pass catching by how he catches and runs with the football. lol. 8 catches on 10 targets for 78 yards and a TD is efficient pass catching (undoubtedly in a small sample size). 9 yards per reception also demonstrates good YAC ability from a RB. I mean, it's clear that not all RB's are good pass catchers... it's clear that not all NFL WR's are even good, effective pass catchers... so... that's why this line confused me. Yeah, he was effective as receiver (catching the ball and running with it) when called upon. Last I checked, that's still how you evaluate a skill player's pass catching ability.

I mean, using your analogy here - I could also say "Oh, wow! An NFL RB got held to 16 yards on 9 carries! Not like that hasn't happened to gee... I DON'T KNOW... EVERY RB EVER AT SOME POINT! Including our guy Howard multiple times!"

I am not using the pass catching numbers to suggest he's good, BTW...

I'm using this to demonstrate that by your guys logic drawing big conclusions from the ineffectiveness of his horribly small sample size rushing. I could just as easily claim Mizzell is the next coming of Forte due to the effectiveness from his horribly small sample size receiving.

So let's make him our starting RB???

BS... is that you? lol

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't get why everyone is done on Howard, when he still has a year left on a cheap contract?

Utilize him properly, and the kid is still a beast.

He is a beast and he'll beast wherever he goes. However, I think you can get Hunt for dirt right now and I think he's a bit better/more complete back. We can also pickup a decent draft pick in the process.

If Howard stays, I'm still happy as hell. As he's one of my favorite players in the NFL.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears released OLB Sam Acho.
The move saves Chicago $2.125 million against the cap. Acho was limited to just four games last season because of a torn pectoral, but he should be near full health by this point. He should quickly latch on somewhere as defensive depth and an asset on special teams.
Won't have to hear that Village People song every time I hear his name. :pound:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we've lost Amos and likely Callahan. I just read where the Jets are about to sign Bellamy. But amongst the doom-n-gloom is the positive news that Mack's contract has been restructured, giving the Bears much needed cap room, where they are saying is now north of $20mil. Somebody out there in Free Agent Land is going to receive a nice contract from us, the only question now is who.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might sign Bell? Really? WAT.

This is Machado all over again....Tantalizing...but possibly better off if the other team gets him.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might sign Bell? Really? WAT.

This is Machado all over again....Tantalizing...but possibly better off if the other team gets him.
Heard a "source" on ESPN this morning say the Bears org shot down the "any interest in Bell" rumors.

I don't think his character fits the Nagy/Pace mold, even if he is a great back.