• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Draft Pick

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Lou has traded up to get players in the past so there's not much to base this on, but I could see him taking our first round pick (Number 1 overall?) and trading down for more picks/players. Would it be more beneficial to take the top player or get maybe a lower 1st + 2nd or whatever package a team throws at us?

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First Overall is worth much more than a late first and late second.

It would have to be something like Boston trading the #5/6 pick and #20-22 pick for first Overall. Other teams can also pick up more firsts at the deadline so other options may come up.

I would still be really pissed at Lou if he gave up larsson for prospects that will need more work and perhaps never become elite players

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lou trades this pick, it just might be time for him to retire.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget there's no guarantee on the 1st pick got to get past bettmans lottery first.but yes if he gives up the first pick I'll be pissed to.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know...I'd trade 1 pick for 3 or 4 picks. Not anything less than 3 and/or a player though.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you've got the 1st overall pick Lou would have to be blown away. There isn't necessarily a sure thing in this draft. The top four seem to be Couturier, Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog & Larsson.

Larsson seems to be slipping in a lot of scouts & GM's eyes. They don't think he's agressive enough. He seems to be letting the play come to him.

I'm not entirely sold on Nugent-Hopkins. He's a bit small & he only has 8 goals in the WHL. They say he's a great skater & playmaker though. They also say he isn't afraid to go to the scoring areas & get his nose dirty either.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually hear the oppositte on Larsson. Not that hes not letting the game come to him but that his stock has risen over the past few months. Just what ive read that@ all

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Let's make a few different assumptions. First let's assume that we end up with a Top 2 pick. Let's also assume that Parise is signed for good.

So the Devils head into the draft with no distinct number 1 or generational talent.

They're looking at all these guys and Don't have interest in the wingers since we will theoretically have 3 wingers as our highest paid players next season already.

That means they're looking to defense. If Larson is taken before them/isn't available if that's even what they want. Frankly, smooth skating, non-hitting large Swedish defensemen, scare the crap out of me. IE, Victor Hedman...

So now the Devils can't get Larsson, and Lou is in all liklihood going to go center/dman. The next guy they want might be #8/9 on the list, because there are a lot of wingers and small centers. Things I don't want.

So as someone pointed out, maybe Lou trades down to #8 or so to get an additional second round pick or something like that.

Also, maybe Lou does something like trade our first overall to Boston for one of their first rounders and Marc Savard to Kovalchuk. Who knows. I frankly find it very, very difficult to imagine Lou taking the slow and steady approach to rebuilding. He's going to want to get back to the playoffs fast.

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^ This.

The only thing though is do we have room for Savard? I haven't looked at Savard's cap hit and I know we should be getting cap space freed up, but we still have to deal with signing Parise and have Rolston's cap hit since we had no takers for him.

I don't think Lou can take the slow and steady approach to rebuild....would fan base stay if he did? Yes the die hard fans will but how much would this be and would they fill the stands enough should the slow and steady approach be taken.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Devils have the 1st overall pick they should take Sean Couturier. He can play center or wing. He's got size, speed & skill. He's playing for Canada in the WJC. If you get a chance watch the Canada vs Sweden game today.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coutourier has looked good, but in all honesty, my knock on him is that he looks slow. hands are good, visions good, but a bit of a slug.

jmo.